• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

It's still a loss. But will be more difficult without exercise every day. Is the GP helping with the depression? Exercise will help the depression but you have to get over the Agoraphobia first! The GP should be able to help you with this if you explain how debilitating it is to you! The PCO with have an effect but not as much has not exercising. Ask for help and if the GP won't refer you to someone Let me know and I'll done a bit of research for you to see what's around in your area. In the mean time it's 20 mins a day walking on the spot for! I'm not doing this alone. X

Im on anti depressants which help my mood but dont help me with regards to getting out the house. I can go to the car and from the car to my relatives houses but nothing more. Ive gotten better. A year ago I wouldnt even go out the front door to put the bins out alone. When im with people however im fine.

Feel proud Flick. You've lost almost 2.5 stone in under two months. That it amazing. No normal diet will shed the pounds quicker and long term like this.

If I lose at the same rate as you I will be chuffed to bits. If I'm on here worrying I'm doing well then I expect you a to give me a ***** slap reality check !!

I also suffer to a degree with agoraphobia. Since having the baby and putting on a tonne of weight I've barely left the house. I don't see any of my friends as too embarrassed. Its not good for the baby to be stuck home so much. He's probably sick of the site of me! He's why I'm converting to bypass. I need my life back and being a healthy normal size makes me happy and confident and life becomes easy. Right now I don't recognise myself :-(

We all wish the weightloss to be instant. Being realistic and patient is the key to staying sane and focused. I'm neither of the two so it's gonna do my head in!

I suppose I dont work up a sweat day to day but I dont sit on my butt either. Constant housework and running, literally, running after a 2 year old all day is what exercise I get. I need an exercise bike so I can carry on looong after hes gone to bed. On the look out as of now me thinks!

Feel proud Flick. You've lost almost 2.5 stone in under two months. That it amazing. No normal diet will shed the pounds quicker and long term like this.

If I lose at the same rate as you I will be chuffed to bits. If I'm on here worrying I'm doing well then I expect you a to give me a ***** slap reality check !!

I also suffer to a degree with agoraphobia. Since having the baby and putting on a tonne of weight I've barely left the house. I don't see any of my friends as too embarrassed. Its not good for the baby to be stuck home so much. He's probably sick of the site of me! He's why I'm converting to bypass. I need my life back and being a healthy normal size makes me happy and confident and life becomes easy. Right now I don't recognise myself :-(

We all wish the weightloss to be instant. Being realistic and patient is the key to staying sane and focused. I'm neither of the two so it's gonna do my head in!

I too piled on the pounds after my son was born! I was a size 18-20 pre pregnancy, dropped to a size 14-16 after he was born and in the last 2 years sky rocketed right up to a size 26-28!!! I didnt used to weigh myself so clothes sizes were all I had to go by. 145 kg my heaviest (only know that because its what the hospital said!) Ive not seen friends either, stayed housebound til this summer when I had to prepare for my wedding >. < and son started nursery.

I wasnt expecting instant weight loss but 5 stone in as many weeks is just ridiculous! Amazing but ridiculous lol

2014 will be different. It has to be. For me and my family. I need a routine. I need a slap!

Im on anti depressants which help my mood but dont help me with regards to getting out the house. I can go to the car and from the car to my relatives houses but nothing more. Ive gotten better. A year ago I wouldnt even go out the front door to put the bins out alone. When im with people however im fine.

That's a huge achievement. There are treatments for your illness and you should receive it, ask and like I said let me know if you don't get anywhere. Some GP's are better than others. Well done Flick be proud of yourself. X

You don't need a slap flick! It can be hard for everyone but knowing you have actually got a condition can sometimes make it harder, I have always thought labels make things harder.

I suffer with depression (currently I've been suffering for 3ish years but suffered before )and I still often only leave my flat when I need to get gas and electric or milk.. I used to force myself to go to the gym because I kept getting told it will make me feel better, but I actually hate going unless I go to my normal class because the other people in the group are all over 50, and are so supportive with me. I go places on my own, but that's because I can't rely on my mum any more to take me places all the time, and I shop with my dad and sisters on a Thursday every week. I used to stay at my cousins all the time, just so I'd leave the house because I'd be going out with her. I know it's different for everyone, but like you said - you couldn't even leave the house to put the bins out and now you can drive yourself to your family's homes and take you son to nursery, that is an amazing step as it is!! The weight will come off, even if it's slowly. Slow and steady wins the race!

I don't think that made much sense but I hope you understand it! Xx

Kirsty

That's a huge achievement. There are treatments for your illness and you should receive it, ask and like I said let me know if you don't get anywhere. Some GP's are better than others. Well done Flick be proud of yourself. X

It took me 2 different doctors, appointments with councillors and a physiatrist before I got put on the right medication, that took a year and a half.

Kirsty

I am proud but its such a silly thing that alot of people just dont get it! My GP is very good. I need to make an appointment but it'll take 3-4 weeks to be seen :(

Id love to just be able to get up and go. I need to prepare and keep watch before I step out the front door :( My husband is my best friend as well as my partner so its not even possible to go for a walk with a girl friend which sucks. One day I hope?

It took me 2 different doctors, appointments with councillors and a physiatrist before I got put on the right medication, that took a year and a half. Kirsty[/QUOTE

Unfortunately Kirsty that is a common experience for people. Shouldn't be that way! X

I too piled on the pounds after my son was born! I was a size 18-20 pre pregnancy, dropped to a size 14-16 after he was born and in the last 2 years sky rocketed right up to a size 26-28!!! I didnt used to weigh myself so clothes sizes were all I had to go by. 145 kg my heaviest (only know that because its what the hospital said!) Ive not seen friends either, stayed housebound til this summer when I had to prepare for my wedding >. < and son started nursery. I wasnt expecting instant weight loss but 5 stone in as many weeks is just ridiculous! Amazing but ridiculous lol 2014 will be different. It has to be. For me and my family. I need a routine. I need a slap!

Cyber slap coming your way. Now eat your mushy protein and try to feel happier with your loss!
I'm happy for everyone's losses. It's so inspirational.

It won't be long till you're ready for that shopping trip to Brighton. I live there so might join you in a few short months ;-)

Hiya :) You dont know how much better I feel knowing im not alone with this! Its fantastic hearing other people's staggering losses but I feel im lagging behind with it all. I would never have dreamt I could lose this amount in such a short time frame. I couldn't lose full stop but it still doesnt FEEL like anything is happening. Ya know? I still have so much to lose. Like 10 stone! More if I go on my BMI... I can see a loss on my face, around my top tummy. One of my hips has shrunk a lil bit and I have shrivelly boobs :( I was in the bath yesterday and I can pinch the slighlty loose skin on my thighs, boobs and tummy. Its shifting somewhere. Just wish the scales would tell me smaller numbers. Much smaller numbers! Do you know if PCOS has an adverse effect on our rate of loss?

Are you eating enough hon? I lost steadily early on but not too fast.

Sending hugs flick. It can be frustrating. I've lost 4 stone but that's because of the complications and not eating for 9 days. I'd rather have 2 1/2 and not be here. Keep going hon. Protein and fluids all the way! Xx

Are you eating enough hon? I lost steadily early on but not too fast.

Honestly, no I dont think so. I seldom have breakfast because im not up early enough. I dont fall asleep til around 3/4am so getting up at a "normal" time is hard. Im rushing around sorting lil'un out so dont have time to prepare and enjoy a proper meal for lunch. I grab a grape or piece of melba toast on the go if I get a chance! I do sit down for dinner but thats when hubby is home so I can relax abit. I still have my vits everyday and hot drinks which are usually a replacement for my meals as I can sip as I work. I never could sit down and enjoy a meal without interuption before because of Kai (my son) but now I cant jump up and move around without being physically sick. He's good as gold but like me, has a very short attention span and wants something new every 20 mins. Hard to keep up as im sure alot of you can imagine :p

Cyber slap coming your way. Now eat your mushy protein and try to feel happier with your loss!
I'm happy for everyone's losses. It's so inspirational.

It won't be long till you're ready for that shopping trip to Brighton. I live there so might join you in a few short months ;-)

Cottage cheese and fromage frais is a god send lol

I have a new money box ready for my brighton pennies!! It may be 2015 when I get there but I will get there! :p

You don't need a slap flick! It can be hard for everyone but knowing you have actually got a condition can sometimes make it harder, I have always thought labels make things harder.

I suffer with depression (currently I've been suffering for 3ish years but suffered before )and I still often only leave my flat when I need to get gas and electric or milk.. I used to force myself to go to the gym because I kept getting told it will make me feel better, but I actually hate going unless I go to my normal class because the other people in the group are all over 50, and are so supportive with me. I go places on my own, but that's because I can't rely on my mum any more to take me places all the time, and I shop with my dad and sisters on a Thursday every week. I used to stay at my cousins all the time, just so I'd leave the house because I'd be going out with her. I know it's different for everyone, but like you said - you couldn't even leave the house to put the bins out and now you can drive yourself to your family's homes and take you son to nursery, that is an amazing step as it is!! The weight will come off, even if it's slowly. Slow and steady wins the race!

I don't think that made much sense but I hope you understand it! Xx

Kirsty

It does make sense :) I duno, being diagnosed would help me explain to people whats wrong. I have had counselling before and the lady told me to go out and buy a new dress and id be fine. Thats it. No follow up. No nothing. I left it at that. Im on my third different anti depressants now.

If im with my hubby or friends/family I dont have a problem at all but as soon as im on my own I feel overwhelmed, sick to my stomach, start to shake and then cry. I get like a lump in my throat, cold sweats and start to heavy breathe too. Its horrible!

Taking my son to nursery, I only do it for him, if I had my way he wouldnt go but that is so selfish I couldnt do that to him so dont really have a choice. And I drive to my family's houses if I feel suicidal or if I feel like I need to self harm. It distracts me. I was told if I did anything like it again I could risk having Kai taken away. He's my life.

Wow. Heavy. Sorry :(

Hi Flick. Sorry to read you are feeling down. Have you asked your GP for a full assessment? It may be that you have post-natal depression.

Here is a link for you, it may be useful:

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutN...ices/Pages/Accessingmentalhealthservices.aspx

It is very important that you receive the right care and support. So many people go undiagnosed when it comes to mental health issues and suffer in silence.

It is amazing that you have taken this leap into WLS and you are achieving great results. Keep your chin up, the weight will come off when it is ready to. We are all different and our journeys will differ immensely. Don't compare with others, celebrate yourself.

Kim quick question. Are you drinking normally now or still sipping. I seem to be drinking water pretty much normally now (at 12 days post op) not complaining. X

We will all follow your journey with interest and are rooting for you!

One day at a time Hun, you will do great X

Back