• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

Hi Flick glad it went ok. Just awaiting an update from Rupert who also had surgery yesterday.

IM A LOZER!!! :D :D :D

I was supposed to be 2nd on the list this morning and within seconds of being told I had over an hours wait was I then rushed to get in my gown! Taken straight to the operating theatre and I woke up around 1:30 from the anaesthetic :)
Ive been dozing on and off since then. Not in pain but I feel some pressure in my chest.

This is so surreal!

Glad it all went well xx

All done I'm officially on the losers bench XD in some pain as I am unable to keep any fluids down which also includes all pain killers :'( the Internet has been all over the place so took me a while to post :)

Hope you get some pain relief soon hate2 x

IV paracetamol and liquid morphine are amazing lol Well done for making it to the loses bench! :D Sucks about not being able to keep your fluids down. Im on sips til lunch time then can move to free fluids. Nothing from Rupert yet?

The surgeon is due to come round soon and is going to switch me from dissolvable co-codimal to calpol paracetomal so will see how I get on with that. They took me off IV morphine as soon as I left recovery :(

All done I'm officially on the losers bench XD in some pain as I am unable to keep any fluids down which also includes all pain killers :'( the Internet has been all over the place so took me a while to post :)

Morning glad it's all none! Well done. If your in pain as for an injection. There should be any reason for you to be in pain in hospital! Good luck. X

Oh sorry your hurting hope pain meds work soon . Rest allow your self to heal xxx

Im using my mobile data to get on line. Ive not checked out the TV yet to see if you can purchase a wifi code? But I can get signal fine!

Ive been up several times to pee and have had a stand up wash this morning. Im in pain though and desperate for a cuppa tea!

Morning, have you got a patient controlled analgesia machine, if not ask for an injection. Is the pain still in your chest or tummy. The chest/ shoulder pain will be the gas. Well done up and about already! Have you had sips. Hope they are staying down if so! Keep up the good work flick we are all rotting for you. X

No, I dont have any patient controlled pain killer. Had liquid morphine at 11, calpol equivalent half hour ago and about to have another painkiller but need to let my soup go down so i can drink afterwards - its disgusting! Lol Just had 5 half spoonfuls of soup and 2 spoon tips of jelly. Dont know if I can have it because of the sugar but that alone filled me up.

The pain is in my left side and feels like a stitch but much much worse. I dont have as much wind as I thought I would. Im shattered as well. Pain is worse than yesterday.

You are doing really well! Try and sleep through the pain when you can. Should improve after the first 3 days. Well done with the soup. Hospital soup is always going to be crap wait till you get home, tasty food. X hope that pain is under control soon !

Just had my second lot of soup and jelly. Different soup thank god, the first lot was horrible! Been told off for not drinking enough. Ive had about 1 cup of water and 1 cup of tea all of today. The full feeling is very different to being full post op. Its a tightness right in the middle of my chest, underneath my boobs. Very weird.

How is everyone?

Is it the tight feeling in your chest that's stopping you drink? If you have a freezer bag at home get your husband to bring you in some cold water with the sippy lids then you can easily take little sips and its cool. Nicer than hospital water! Hope that pain is a bit better. Hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight. Have you seen your son yet? X

It is the tightness thats stopping me drinking. But its because im actually full and cant physically drink anything else. Really doesnt bother me if I need another drip. Would rather that than hurt myself trying to squeeze it in! Tmi but ive finally got rid of some wind. It is such a relieving feeling. Bottom end lol Pain is better now.
The ward is ok Kimberly. The staff are really lovely. But all patients have come out of all kinds of surgery. I thought it would be just bari patients lol! Keep asking me to drink but I dont think they get that I cant!

Just bought £10 TV bundle to help me snooze. Snoring women are in the same place again. Couldn't cope with another disturbed night due to bloody snoring! Lol :p

Back