• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

I don't have any old photos of me on my phone now but here are a couple of headless ones taken this morning. Im in the process of looking for an 'over the bump' skirt. Please ignore the skirtless legs haha Oh and my (very almost) 24 week bump! ^-^

2014-10-13 12.43.42.jpg

2014-10-13 12.44.27.jpg

Looking fab there Flick nice little bump xx

I couldn't fit in the mirror lol My room wasnt long enough :p I will get a head and neck shot.. collarbones!? When I look a lil more human lol Thank you :) xXx

That better! You look amazing Flick, you must be do happy! It's all working out as you wanted. Enjoy that feeling you have earned it!. Feeling happy! X

Your all looking beautiful now ladies and doing so well Congrats to all

Hello to all you bypassers from 2013! I am due to have my bypass by Prof Ammori at the Alex in Cheadle on 7/11. I'm wondering if you can give any words of wisdom to me on the following subject matters!

1) after care! I read in my letter that arrived with my bill today that there are 12 follow up sessions with the dietician over a 2 yr period! This doesn't seem many to me? Will I feel like I'm left to it?
2) how do people cope in social situations if you are eating out and have an issue does your body give any warnings?
3) Alcohol can I ever be tipsy again?
4) Although I am desperate to be slim again I am not excited about this journey or surgery maybe this will change but my mindset is a concern!

You are all very inspiring ! I know lots if people say this and I know WLS is only a tool to work with but I am worried that WLS won't work for me and then what will I have done!

Thanks for any tips !

Hello to all you bypassers from 2013! I am due to have my bypass by Prof Ammori at the Alex in Cheadle on 7/11. I'm wondering if you can give any words of wisdom to me on the following subject matters!

1) after care! I read in my letter that arrived with my bill today that there are 12 follow up sessions with the dietician over a 2 yr period! This doesn't seem many to me? Will I feel like I'm left to it? I never had any follow ups as such, just a few phone calls from the dietician but that suited me, I knew that if I needed to I could phone up and speak to someone
2) how do people cope in social situations if you are eating out and have an issue does your body give any warnings? I have learnt what I can and cannot eat and stick to safe foods when eating out
3) Alcohol can I ever be tipsy again? I have the odd drink, it depends on what your tipple is I have a small voddie and coke but I use lots of ice to flatten the coke, and I don't have it often.
4) Although I am desperate to be slim again I am not excited about this journey or surgery maybe this will change but my mindset is a concern!

You are all very inspiring ! I know lots if people say this and I know WLS is only a tool to work with but I am worried that WLS won't work for me and then what will I have done!

Thanks for any tips !

Just wanted to wish you luck xx

1) after care! I read in my letter that arrived with my bill today that there are 12 follow up sessions with the dietician over a 2 yr period! This doesn't seem many to me? Will I feel like I'm left to it?
2) how do people cope in social situations if you are eating out and have an issue does your body give any warnings?
3) Alcohol can I ever be tipsy again?

Thanks for any tips !

Hey hun :) Exciting times waiting for your op. Its been one of the best things I have ever done!

1. You should get some paperwork on meal ideas to help you throughout the stages of surgery. Dietitians are there to guide and help you so long as you're honest with them. Life happens inbetween and averaging once every 2 months is pretty good.

2. At the beginning I'd bring food with me. Kept cheese triangles on me all the time and made sure I had a drink too. The early days out and about can be scary so be prepared - don't allow yourself to get stuck!

3. Lol hmm I can't answer this yet as 6 months post op I fell pregnant so I can't drink anyway :p I'm sure you'll be able to!

4. Write a pros and cons list. Why you're doing it. What you will gain? What will you lose? You only regret the things you don't do ;)

I was quite young at 24yo to have the bypass. It was a huge decision but one of the best ever! I would never go back even though sometimes I really miss piggin' out at the chinese all you can eat buffet ;) hehe
Watching my body shrink (and grow again lol) clothes 'grow' and scales continuously fall has been fantastic.
Tell me a year ago I'd lose 9 stone and fall pregnant I'd have politely told ya where to go :p The journey had been amazing!

Good luck! :D xXx

Shopping is so much fun now! :) and I'm 8 stone 8 now :)

Attachments

• image-111633640.jpg
    image-111633640.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image-277700751.jpg
    image-277700751.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 64
Wow go you xxx

Back