• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

Oh and yes, I saw my son. He was scared and wouldnt go near me to begin with but soon enough he was back to his usual self giving me no end of kisses and cuddles! We all fell asleep for a good hour and a half. My son, hubby & me. Very relaxing knowing they were there with me x

Glad you have seen him! :) I'd say ear plug for the snoring but they don't help much when my hubby starts! I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get a restful nights kip. Tomorrow is another day to move forward. ( you best remind me of this next week) sleep well. X

I could hear the snoring even with ear plugs in but I must have managed to get about 6-8 hours only being woken twice for a drip and obs. Feel alot more refreshed this morning. Milk for breakfast lol They wanna send me home today!!!

morning flick just came on here to see if there was any updates from you and ta da ! glad your homeward bound ,there is nothing better than your own bed and your mug of tea!

I could hear the snoring even with ear plugs in but I must have managed to get about 6-8 hours only being woken twice for a drip and obs. Feel alot more refreshed this morning. Milk for breakfast lol They wanna send me home today!!!

Morning, glad your feeling better. Some of the initial acute swelling will have started to go down so hopefully the fluids go down a little easier today. Do you feel ready for home? Think, your own bed and no snoring!!! Have a good morning. X

If im honest, no I don't think im ready to go home. My husband finds it hard to cope with our son on his own. Hes not used to it and when they were at the hospital yesterday I could sense the stress and it made me feel so tense. If Im at home ill be expected to look after our son and I cant manage that yet.
The pain is more bareable today though. Still hurts but doesn't take my breath away. I am looking forward to a proper cup of tea! Small one but from the best tea maker in the world :)

Morning flick glad you slept better , I love tea can't get enough so going home and having a decent cup of tea will be so nice. May be being at home your little boy will be more relaxed . I don't know his age but sounds like he preschool . If he is he might be anxious and doesn't understand . I have a hunch that your a creative lady . How about making a story book Using pic of him you and other family. member he loves . Keep it simple but saying mummy been hospital has a poorly tummy ( stop him jumping on you ) and stayed in hospital so the nurses and doctor could make her better . Now she home but has a poorly tummy but can cuddle him read stories , tuck him in bed . If you make it personal using his name he love it . If you need help pm me I live so close .

If im honest, no I don't think im ready to go home. My husband finds it hard to cope with our son on his own. Hes not used to it and when they were at the hospital yesterday I could sense the stress and it made me feel so tense. If Im at home ill be expected to look after our son and I cant manage that yet.
The pain is more bareable today though. Still hurts but doesn't take my breath away. I am looking forward to a proper cup of tea! Small one but from the best tea maker in the world :)

You'll have to put your foot down a bit otherwise it may hinder your recovery. You'll have to direct, not do! Once your home you'll all work it out together. Have you managed to up your fluid today?

Im staying in again. Had trouble last night. I was soo full with liquid pain killers and water I couldnt put anything else into me so they gave me a drip which has not long finished.
Ive managed about 1 cup of water, 1 cup of milk and 1 1/2 cups of tea so far. Taking it in regular sips. Also had a couple of spoonfuls of soup. But dont like tomato so it was difficult to eat. The wind bubbles are horrible. I cant force a burp out because it hurts but sitting up squishes my stomach and sores.
Feel abit shakey as ive just woken up. Shallow breathing still but im not in pain atm. Bottom burping is by far the best pain relief lol it feels so good!

Im staying in again. Had trouble last night. I was soo full with liquid pain killers and water I couldnt put anything else into me so they gave me a drip which has not long finished.
Ive managed about 1 cup of water, 1 cup of milk and 1 1/2 cups of tea so far. Taking it in regular sips. Also had a couple of spoonfuls of soup. But dont like tomato so it was difficult to eat. The wind bubbles are horrible. I cant force a burp out because it hurts but sitting up squishes my stomach and sores.
Feel abit shakey as ive just woken up. Shallow breathing still but im not in pain atm. Bottom burping is by far the best pain relief lol it feels so good!

Take the relieve anyway it come !:) glad your staying an extra day didn't sound like you were ready. Not surprisingly!!! Take it easy. You'll get there. X

I think I may add a can of air freshener to my list of items to pack with all the trumping :D

Lol yes :p you'll need it! Also, I didnt think to buy any dry mouth spray but it would have been the best thing ever for me the day of surgery. I couldnt get much liquid into me at all but my mouth was so dry. I wanted to suck ice but they didnt have any so had to dip a sponge on a stick in water and suck that instead - horrible!
I duno if you're allowed mints but you do get nasty breath and a horrid taste in your mouth. It may be worth asking if you can have sugar free mints post op. I would if I could!

Hi :) anyone hear from Rupert?
I'm finally at home! I'm so glad as it's helped my sickness no end. The smell of plasters/dressing and gloves is stuck to all my clothes! I was allowed a shower this morning so can hopefully get rid of the smell for good tomorrow. All my pain is in my back along my bra strap, and there seems to be nothing I can do to relieve it except take regular deep breathes :/ but it's only been two days so hopefully in another two days this pain would of halved!!!

Hi :) anyone hear from Rupert?
I'm finally at home! I'm so glad as it's helped my sickness no end. The smell of plasters/dressing and gloves is stuck to all my clothes! I was allowed a shower this morning so can hopefully get rid of the smell for good tomorrow. All my pain is in my back along my bra strap, and there seems to be nothing I can do to relieve it except take regular deep breathes :/ but it's only been two days so hopefully in another two days this pain would of halved!!!

Glad your home and feeling a little better. How is the fluid going down. Wind pain can be hard to shift... It will go on its own in time not that that help you now! Rest up and hope you feel better very soon! Not heard from Rupert as yet. X

H glad your home and flick hope the pain gets better . Years ago on the gyne ward we use to use peppermint .in hot water . May be peppermint tea ???? Don't know if it will work ,
Flick glad they keeping you in sounds like you need to rest and heal pluss good pain meds .
Honesty it's the pain that worries me I'm such a wimp .

H glad your home and flick hope the pain gets better . Years ago on the gyne ward we use to use peppermint .in hot water . May be peppermint tea ???? Don't know if it will work ,
Flick glad they keeping you in sounds like you need to rest and heal pluss good pain meds .
Honesty it's the pain that worries me I'm such a wimp .

Me too Kimberly scares the .... Out of me big time! Still we just have to deal with it but makes me want to run! X

The pain is nowhere near as bad as contractions/child birth lol that's the only other severe pain ive really felt so all I can compare it to! Im having paracetamol, tramadol and liquid morphine at regular intervals. Laying down rather than sitting is also helping.

Im so glad im in hospital again tonight. My son came to visit again and he was running wild on the ward. Gave everyone a laugh but my god its exhausting! Cant imagine what hed be like if I was at home. Worse probably because things would seem more normal. Peace now though. Got a lovely cup of coffee! The lady gave me hot chocolate by mistake omg it was delicious! 1 sip but had to refuse. Don't wanna dump this close to surgery >. < such a shame lol

Glad you're home and feeling better hate2. What have you managed to eat so far?

Back