• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

Done 2 child birth (one particularly bad) so that makes me feel a lot better! It's not knowing. Well you know that only now your the other side. (You should have a chuffed face right now! You've earned it) second visits with kids are alway worse . They know where they are going, what to expect and suddenly it seems like a fabulous play growing! I bet he cheered a few people up. Sleep well tonight Flick, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. X

hi guys just wanted to drop by and say congrats to all on your surgeries this month and wish you all well and a speedy recovery

Ahh best night so far :) stayed awake til 10ish. Emptied my bladder, got rid of as much wind as I could, put my ear plugs in and slept pain free til about 6 this morning when they did my blood pressure. The ward is getting noisy now with switch over happening soon and the hot drinks cart rattling down the corridoor. Im achey but thats because ive been in the same position for hours on end! Got these inflatable sock things on that massage your calfs instead of stockings. Means I cant turn on my side or even lift my knees up.
Be going for a little walk in min. Seeing as I guta walk miles to get out the hospital, I might as well practice now.

Audrasharon, you'll be just fine :) The last few days of the milk diet and time at the hospital goes by so quickly! Trust me :) The surgery is just a snooze. The days have all rolled into 1 now. Ill be going home as soon as my Mum finishes work to come and collect me. Not long! How are you feeling? xXx

Ahh best night so far :) stayed awake til 10ish. Emptied my bladder, got rid of as much wind as I could, put my ear plugs in and slept pain free til about 6 this morning when they did my blood pressure. The ward is getting noisy now with switch over happening soon and the hot drinks cart rattling down the corridoor. Im achey but thats because ive been in the same position for hours on end! Got these inflatable sock things on that massage your calfs instead of stockings. Means I cant turn on my side or even lift my knees up.
Be going for a little walk in min. Seeing as I guta walk miles to get out the hospital, I might as well practice now.

Audrasharon, you'll be just fine :) The last few days of the milk diet and time at the hospital goes by so quickly! Trust me :) The surgery is just a snooze. The days have all rolled into 1 now. Ill be going home as soon as my Mum finishes work to come and collect me. Not long! How are you feeling? xXx

Feeling ok. Think the steroids and antibiotics have kick in do should be full steam ahead on tuesday. Really pleased you had a good nights kip! Remember you still need to take it slow. A home made cuppa should be good. Keep up the good work you have been amazing do far! Have a good day x

Hi I have had rough couple of days but working through everything hope everyone is doing well xx

Morning Rupert good to see you on here , I was getting a bit worried . Sorry you had a bad time , what happened and how are you today ? You home ?

Good to hear from you Rupert!
Being at home has been great managed twice as much jelly which was definitely needed! Woke up a few times expecting to have my blood pressure taken but come 1am I was able to sleep through to 7am so I'm very pleased :) while I was in hospital I actually didn't eat to much - about 6 spoons of Some weird clear soup and a spoon of jelly. I also don't think I was drinking enough but after the first 24 hours I was taken off the drip as it wasn't working, they tried flushing it but it caused to much pain so they think my veins in both hands had collapsed. As it was I had the smallest canulars in as I have small hidden veins! Haha. The nurse came to get my blood and it took her 40 min of prodding before she got any! Even then one of the tubes clotted so after another 20 min of trying she gave up :/ new I had bad veins but never new they was this bad! Now I'm home I seem to always have a dry mouth so am keeping up with fluids which is good :) still have the pain across my mid/high back but it's been nearly 24 hours without me thinking about taking painkillers so hopefully on the mend :) still keep getting the feeling like I need to be sick but I just take a deep breath and all is good :)

Good to hear from you Rupert!
Being at home has been great managed twice as much jelly which was definitely needed! Woke up a few times expecting to have my blood pressure taken but come 1am I was able to sleep through to 7am so I'm very pleased :) while I was in hospital I actually didn't eat to much - about 6 spoons of Some weird clear soup and a spoon of jelly. I also don't think I was drinking enough but after the first 24 hours I was taken off the drip as it wasn't working, they tried flushing it but it caused to much pain so they think my veins in both hands had collapsed. As it was I had the smallest canulars in as I have small hidden veins! Haha. The nurse came to get my blood and it took her 40 min of prodding before she got any! Even then one of the tubes clotted so after another 20 min of trying she gave up :/ new I had bad veins but never new they was this bad! Now I'm home I seem to always have a dry mouth so am keeping up with fluids which is good :) still have the pain across my mid/high back but it's been nearly 24 hours without me thinking about taking painkillers so hopefully on the mend :) still keep getting the feeling like I need to be sick but I just take a deep breath and all is good :)

Your doing so well! Hopefully that pain will go really soon. Have you tried boot dry mouth spray. It might help. I'm taking some in with me on Tuesday so hope it does. God I wish I was in your shoes and it was over getting really nervous now. :) x

Hey :) thanks I seem to be really lucky when it comes to healing. But I never took into account the wind pain :/ I have never been able to burp so I think it may take a little while to pass all this gas :/ but I'm walking and moving without much hesitation already :) just think this time next week you will be at home surrounded by home comforts and cups of tea! And best of all you will have a nice warm seat on the losers bench :)

Hey :) thanks I seem to be really lucky when it comes to healing. But I never took into account the wind pain :/ I have never been able to burp so I think it may take a little while to pass all this gas :/ but I'm walking and moving without much hesitation already :) just think this time next week you will be at home surrounded by home comforts and cups of tea! And best of all you will have a nice warm seat on the losers bench :)

Yep that's where I want to be dealing with it not thinking about it. Well done you your positive approach is obviously helping you. I'll try and follow your lead. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a burp or two today :) take care. X

Sat drumming my fingers in the hospital my pre opp appointment is 15 mins late lol

All done and everything was "normal" - don't usually get that word applied to me :D

Im still here, at hospital :( cant believe how tired I am! Everyone has been saying how well I look because I was up, showered and dressed early. Still waiting on my lift! Having my canular out now so close to home time!
Glad it went well Butterfly :)

Evening Flick, hope your at home, more comfortable looking at a lovely clean, calm house! You sleep well in that bed tonight if you can. X

I am at home now :) Stuffed still! About an hour ago i had less soup than what you'd give a 6 month old and about a quater of a small pot of jelly. Felt full enough but not to popping point.. thats a horrible feeling! Just finishing off a small cup of coffee in bed watching children in need. I get tummy bubbles when ive had enough. Not pain but a very strange feeling!

I felt my first hunger pains before lunch. Was similar to heartburn but more painful mixed with nausea and a horrible feeling in my mouth. The roof of my mouth started to like burn and go numb. That carried on until I ate and then completely disappeared! That will ensure I eat regularly.
My problem before was skipping breakfast and lunch and piggin out at dinner time. Cant do that anymore.

Have read up about what im allowed to eat. Tomorrow ill be having ready brek for breakfast, soup for lunch and flavoured mash with mince beef for dinner.
The doctors told me its pointless not eating because the quicker you eat nutritional food the quicker I will heal so not to delay! Need to plan in advance so I dont get the same sensation as before.

Not suffering so much with wind. But the walk from the ward to the car def got some bum bubbles moving! Sorry to be blunt but farting is such a good feeling now. Ahh haha you wait and see XD xXx

Back