• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

So glad your home, I've already cooked and mushed to death a few meals and frozen them in ice cube trays. I also got some protein powder to add to stuff so hopefully set to go. I think it sounds like your doing great. Think the dr expect more than is possible in the early days. Keep sipping and take water to bed for when you wake overnight. Sleep well. X

I dont know if im eating too much or not enough? Im also worried that some people have been told to stick to clear fluids for 2 weeks post op but 3 days out and im already experienting with grub! In incredibly small amounts but still...

Try to just let it happen and relax (easy for me to say) everyone is different and as long as you take small, little steps I'm sure your progress, just do it at your own pace, go small for a couple of days then maybe try a little more. X

Kimberly that made me laugh, we are doing the same things. I haven't got the dry mouth spray yet (boots do it) Job for Monday when I pick up some PJ's

Def bring ear plugs, lip balm, dry mouth spray and a book/kindle/magazines etc You'll get bored!
Also, if you're in pain and need something dont hesitate to ask the nurse straight away. I hesitated a few times, tried to be polite and that caused more pain.

I duno if it was because I was the youngest in the room but I was left to do stuff on my own. I couldnt get up to walk to the loo so needed to use a comode. They wheeled it in and left me to it. Also told me the day after surgery to go have a wash. Keeping in mind I still hadnt got out of bed other than to shuffle onto the comode, I struggled, everyone else on the ward had a bed bath. I was in alot of pain after coming back from the bathroom.

So yeah, if you cant, dont push yourself! I did and paid for it.
They give you water but ask if you can have other drinks too if you want. Luke warm water sat in a plastic jug for hours was horrid after the second glass!

If I can think of more I shall add it :)

I cant cope with that. Even before surgery with period pains or something. Putting a hot water bottle on my tummy made me feel incredibly sick and light headed :(

My husband was lying next to me in bed and everytime I felt bum bubbles id grip his thigh lol he knew then to go silent so he could rate my efforts haha Have to say I was quite proud of myself. They didnt hurt and I felt deflated - much more comfortable! Lol! :D

Over did it abit today. Thought id be able to walk around a craft fair my sister was selling at. Was out an hour and a half in total. Car journey there and back walking around the hall, nothing major but bloody hell. I cried in the hall and then twice when I got home. My back is killing me and the injection wounds hurt like a b*tch! Too much :( didnt think id be this bad. Disappointed in myself, really. But I guess I am only 4 days out!

Please guys, take it from me. Dont get cocky with it even if you feel 'ok'. Rest, rest, rest! :)

I guess that's a lesson heeded! maybe in your head you felt up to it but your body was saying not just yet. now rest up as tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for the heads up flick! I was going to have a walk around tescos tomorrow which is half hour drive each way plus the walk so could have been out for 2 plus hours. Think I will settle for a little shopping list for a few more days.
Today's not been too bad, nowhere near enough fluids but I sat down dipping the end of a spoon in a yogurt, 15 min later the yogurt was gone! Don't know how I managed it, not felt full or hungry yet :-/ still just getting wind pain, and woke up light headed from not drinking enough! But something I have noticed today is that my wounds are itchy! I know it means it's healing but normally I wound tap the area to stop the itch but not too keen to do that at the minute so not sure what to do, at the min I rub around the area but at night I may not know what I'm doing, hmm maybe sleep with mittens :) haha

Honestly, get your shopping delivered. Putting it all away will be tough enough. Since coming home ive been in bed.
I was guna go shopping this evening but after earlier I just couldnt. In tears, feel useless :(

Ive not had much wind pain unless I need to burp because I can't anymore! But it doesnt take that long to come out the other end lol
My injection points are more painful than anything. My tummy is bruised and swollen and hurts just to touch but I dont have pain from the actual op now.

Bloody hell! Was that yogurt a snack or a meal?
I had a quarter of a tin of soup for lunch and quarter of a small fromage frais.
For dinner I had the rest of the fromage frais and about a table spoon of chicken breast, stuffing and gravy blended. It was yummy. And I just munched a slither of stollen mmm that was yummy too :)

Don't think I realised before you were under Shaw Somers, Kimberly. He's my surgeon too. I've had a bit of abdo pain today...... Perhaps I'm getting in practice. I can't concentrate on anything right now other than being scared! :( what a blood limp!!! I'm just finishing my last pint today in the form of a milky coffee. Sleep well everyone. Don't think I will. X

Back