• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

tranquil_butterfly

Hi Sharona

I just read your diary. I am sorry to hear you are still struggling. Keep coming on here and get some support. A lot of people are struggling. Have you spoken to the hospital about the reflux? Get some help because it is horrible if left untreated. I have not experienced any problems with my teeth although the two fastabs a day seem to be working and I am not experiencing as much sickness as previously.

I am trying to sort my clothes and finding a few things that have not seen the light of day since I bought them and are now too big. Never thought I would say that so you are right - I have come a long way in 7 months and I am very grateful for it. Mr TB has a long term illness - it is so hard for him at the moment but I am doing my best to try and look after him - thanks for your best wishes.

Big hugs to you my friend. You will get to your goal - you just need to find your way back onto the path.

Best wishes

TBx

Su2ie

Not sure there's too many of us from November around any more!
I'm good, made my first target 'normal' bmi last week so thrilled with that. Not sure what's next, probably would like to lose 7-10lb more but I'm not going to stress too much about it.
Hope you're ok TB and anyone else still out there :)

tranquil_butterfly

It is a shame there are not more of us still around. Congrats Su2ie on reaching your first target. I am making slow and steady progress. Had a CT scan on my hernia last week so I am hoping they will sort out the op to repair it soon.

Hope everyone else is ok.

TBx

I'm still around! Just don't post very much. All's going well for me - some bad days (like today!) where I can't seem to stop eating but mostly good. Have reached my first goal but now want to go a bit lower and am aiming for a healthy BMI. Good luck with the hernia TB. I also have one but it seems less troublesome now I'm thinner and have been exercising. I suspect my stomach muscles are now in better shape. Best wishes to everyone xx

SHARONA

Hi all signing in hows everyone hope well. 4 months time it will be a year anniversary ! Can you believe the time? Xx

mazza141180

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi all, hope everyone is ticking along ok!
Had my 6month post op the other day (at nearly 8 months lol) they seemed pleased with progress but concerned about energy levels so had to see the vampires for some blood tests!
But all good. Hope you are all keeping well xxx

Willow4

Hi November buddys

Hope you are all doing well, soon be November again and our year anniversary.

Not been on the November Site, reason up and down with this WLS and you are all doing so well.

I have just had two operation's nothing todo with WLS, but hopefully now get down to losing this weight, and joining you all in November to celebrate.

T B Sorry to hear about your hubby and his illness, also your dad.
Hope you get that hernia sorted out.

All take care xx

tranquil_butterfly

Hello all. Just checking in. Next week is the first anniversary of my dear dad's passing. I am in a deep depression. I thought I had been coping but really I have just been in deep denial. I am going to see my GP tomorrow. I need some help but do not want pills. Not sure what I want really, just space from the stresses of daily living. I am still losing weight albeit slowly. I have not been the weight I am now for about 30 years. I should be happy and I am. I still have problems with sickness and there are foods I will never be able to eat again but I am ok with that. Just need to move on from losing my dad if I can.

I hope all my fellow November oppers are ok. It would be nice to hear how you are all getting on.

Best wishes

TBx

Zara xxx

I have my pre op appointment on the 23/8/2015 but really anxious about it their will be another 4-6 weeks waiting time after that soooooo much waiting my pre op appointment came after 5 months now more wait then on top of that liver reduction diet OMG the things that we have to go through almost 2 years of waiting I'm having my opp at the aintee hospital has anyone had it done their how is

tranquil_butterfly

I am not under your provider but understand your concerns about the wait. However, be patient and use the time to come to terms with the enormity of the situation. Once you have the op there will be so many issues to come to terms with. Your relationship with food will be different, how family and friends will come to terms with the changes. Biggest of all will be about how you cope with all of the changes. Good luck. I am sure someone will come along who is able to answer your specific question.

TBx

maggy

Hi November friends. I haven't been on for ages. Sorry not to be more supportive. I've been slowly losing 2 to 3 pounds a month. Stalled for two months. But WLS has really taken a back seat to other things going on in my life. Work has been increasingly horrible - stupid workload and ridiculous expectations which seems to be becoming the norm. Travelling two weeks out of each month, then sick with migraines etc for another week and then completely overwhelmed by the backlog waiting for me. Finally it all came to a head and now I'm signed off by my GP for burnout. It's been a week since that all happened and I'm starting to feel slightly better. But still sooooo tired. Can't concentrate on anything. Can't even read, which is my go to form of relaxation. Someone gave me a colouring therapy book (colouring in book for adults!) and my coloured pencils arrive today from good old Amazon. So that may be my new favourite thing. Sorry for the long moan. I have kept popping in to see how you are all doing over the last few months but didn't feel I had anything helpful to say so didn't post. But I was sending good vibes. Hope you're doing ok. Hope your coping with your grief TB, and your reflux issues Sharona. Hang in there willow. Well done PP, susie and Mazza. And love to all.
M

Hey Maggy! How lovely to hear from you but sorry things have been so rubbish. Sounds like a bit of time out is just what you need. I have a colouring book that I carry around in my handbag - I love it and it helps to clear your mind of all the junk in there. Hope you get back to your old self soon xxx

maggy

Thanks pippa - my sleeve twin :0) I'm sure all I need is a rest. Here is my first therapy effort - if I can figure out how to upload a photo! I like the idea of carry one round in my handbag. Are you still running? Xx

image-3450788620.jpg

maggy

Trying to pull myself out of this work imposed funk. I've been off work for a week. And now hubby and kids off to work after a weekend of a full house it's time to start moving on. Plan one is weight watchers. Have been doing it with hubby for a couple of weeks and it seems doable. Couldn't cope with the meeting but the online app works (not as good as MFP but points easier than calories). Best of all is doing it with other half. I feel a bit of a cheat with a sleeve in place but hey ho. It's not like I can't still gorge on slider foods. Too easily. Plan two is to do the couch to 5k again. Yes right from the beginning because it's so long since I did anything. And basically I can't cope with too much of a challenge. I'm wearing my gym clothes so now just have to get my arse to the gym.

tranquil_butterfly

Hi Maggy. I do not think WW or any clubs are cheating if they help. They are about encouraging healthy eating habits for life so if it helps go for it. WLS is not a magic bullet as we know so if you can bring in other tools to help that has got to be good.

I have to confess I have done no exercise at all. I broke my foot almost a year ago and it is still painful at times. I finally ditched my walking stick a few weeks ago and am going to try doing something once I finally get our home sorted. My dad died on 12 August last year and I am finally in mourning for his loss so I am not going to beat myself up about anything right now and just take one day at a time until I am ready to face life again. Right now I don't want to know about anything if that makes sense.

Good luck Maggy.

TBx

maggy

Thanks TB. Will see how it goes. Good to hear you are rid of your sticks. Even that in itself will help you do more exercise. Just walking will use more energy.

I'm sorry about your dad. It takes a long time to mourn someone special. It probably never stops just becomes different. And hopefully easier.
Xx

Thanks pippa - my sleeve twin :0) I'm sure all I need is a rest. Here is my first therapy effort - if I can figure out how to upload a photo! I like the idea of carry one round in my handbag. Are you still running? Xx

Hey Maggy! I've been in Dorset with no internet connection hence my tardy response! Yes, I'm still running! In fact you could say I'm slightly obsessed with it. My trainers came on holiday with me and I ran twice whilst on holiday. I'm regularly running 5k now and my friend has kindly signed me up for the London 10k next July so am going back to training with the C10k app! However, being on holiday has been a challenge and am dreading getting on the scales when I finally get home. I'd already gained a kg before I got back and haven't logged my intake for over a week now. Feeling very out of control and as a result, a little low. So I need to look forward, not backward, I guess and get back on track as soon as possible.

I read on the couch potato thread that you had gone back to the gym - that's great! Getting back to exercise after a break is always difficult.. It' shard to get back in the habit. Hope you enjoy your enforced rest anyway.

Keep in touch! Xx

Ps. I couldn't see the photo but it could be that my internet connection is still a bit flaky!