• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

tranquil_butterfly

Hello all. Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am ok. Life is settling down a little after the turbulence of the last two years or so. Mr TB is not doing so good and looking after him is the biggest challenge for me right now - that and trying to sort out our new home. We have been here almost a year but most of our stuff is still in boxes. Just cannot yet accept this place as home because of all the problems there have been with it. Need to sort my head out as far as that is concerned:rolleyes:.

My hernia is still causing huge problems and I hope when I am back at the hospital next month they will tell me they are going to get it sorted because it has gone on long enough now. It is not all doom and gloom. I have been taken off two of my blood pressure meds and I have been the lightest I have been in more years than I can remember. None of my clothes fit but my shopping phobia and lack of funds means I am pinning and belting everthing. I know I need to do something about that too. I have bought bras and that for me has been my biggest measure of success. I am down from a 50N to a 40JJ. Still big on top but better than it was:D. I know I can squueze into 16/18 jeans which is better than 30/32. I thought having revision surgery that my loss would be slow and it has been but my body shape has shifted dramatically - which is why I will not go by what the scales say but by how clothes fit.

It is fast approaching a year to the anniversary of my second surgery. I know that I can do more to improve my health which is what this has all been about. I have done no exercise of any kind which is bad. I walk more and that is about it. Need to do something about that too:D.

Hope everyone is ok and it would be nice to hear from my fellow November 2014 oppers.

TBx

Xenia67

Hello all. Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am ok. Life is settling down a little after the turbulence of the last two years or so. Mr TB is not doing so good and looking after him is the biggest challenge for me right now - that and trying to sort out our new home. We have been here almost a year but most of our stuff is still in boxes. Just cannot yet accept this place as home because of all the problems there have been with it. Need to sort my head out as far as that is concerned:rolleyes:. My hernia is still causing huge problems and I hope when I am back at the hospital next month they will tell me they are going to get it sorted because it has gone on long enough now. It is not all doom and gloom. I have been taken off two of my blood pressure meds and I have been the lightest I have been in more years than I can remember. None of my clothes fit but my shopping phobia and lack of funds means I am pinning and belting everthing. I know I need to do something about that too. I have bought bras and that for me has been my biggest measure of success. I am down from a 50N to a 40JJ. Still big on top but better than it was:D. I know I can squueze into 16/18 jeans which is better than 30/32. I thought having revision surgery that my loss would be slow and it has been but my body shape has shifted dramatically - which is why I will not go by what the scales say but by how clothes fit. It is fast approaching a year to the anniversary of my second surgery. I know that I can do more to improve my health which is what this has all been about. I have done no exercise of any kind which is bad. I walk more and that is about it. Need to do something about that too:D. Hope everyone is ok and it would be nice to hear from my fellow November 2014 oppers. TBx

Hi TB, sorry to read about Mr TB and your hernia, however it is such good news about your weight loss and clothes changes, it is such a boost for morale. I'm fine and slowly losing the pounds. I've lots five stone 6 lbs so far and very pleased, got 2 stone to go before I hit my ideal weight of ten stone. I still find it a daily if not hourly struggle not to eat the wrong foods, plus I do like a drink or too! I don't tend to post much but I do read posts etc when I can. It is so rewarding to read how well others are doing. Keep in touch and keep up the good work x

kurstywursty

Hi TB, sorry to read about Mr TB and your hernia, however it is such good news about your weight loss and clothes changes, it is such a boost for morale. I'm fine and slowly losing the pounds. I've lots five stone 6 lbs so far and very pleased, got 2 stone to go before I hit my ideal weight of ten stone. I still find it a daily if not hourly struggle not to eat the wrong foods, plus I do like a drink or too! I don't tend to post much but I do read posts etc when I can. It is so rewarding to read how well others are doing. Keep in touch and keep up the good work x

So glad to hear your doing great xxx

Willow4

Hi TB

Sorry to hear Mr TB is still so poorly, and your hernia no better.
Well done on the weight loss.

Well it's nearly a year out, I don't know where the year has gone.

I haven't been coming on for a while to see how folks are getting on, reason I feel such a failure and not done great in my weight loss.
But this week decided to go back to basic's and give it another go, before my yearly appointment in November.

Maggy, Xenia67 and all November buddies well done to you all.

All take care, huge hugs xx

tranquil_butterfly

Hi TB

Sorry to hear Mr TB is still so poorly, and your hernia no better.
Well done on the weight loss.

Well it's nearly a year out, I don't know where the year has gone.

I haven't been coming on for a while to see how folks are getting on, reason I feel such a failure and not done great in my weight loss.
But this week decided to go back to basic's and give it another go, before my yearly appointment in November.

Maggy, Xenia67 and all November buddies well done to you all.

All take care, huge hugs xx
Do not feel a failure. You have done well and this is not a race but the rest of our lives. It does not matter how long it takes to get there as long as we get there! When you see your team tell them how you are feeling. I am sure they will reassure you. Take care Willow.

TBx

tranquil_butterfly

Hi all. How are you all doing?

I had my appointment at Walsall today. They are very pleased with my progress. The consultant showed me the pictures from my CT scan and explained what the issue is with my hernia. It was scary but they have agreed to do the repair. I signed all the consent forms so it is now just waiting for a date - they could not give me an indication of when this would be. I feel more scared about this op than the two WLS I have had. I think it was because my late dad nearly died some years ago when his hernia ruptured - I got him to A&E just in time. It just brought back some memories. There are so many things I am going to have to juggle what with Mr TB being so unwell, work pressures etc. Once it is done and I am healed I will feel I can really start to move forward. I still have a long way to go weight loss wise but I am over the half way mark to get to a normal BMI - but it feels reachable rather than just a distant dream:).

They are going to see me again in 3 months so I will just keep plodding on. The bariatric nurse told me to buy some new clothes. I am still wearing what I have - I still cannot bring myself to go and buy anything. It is all in my head. I suspect my sisters are going to force the issue when they come over in a few weeks to finally help me sort out our new home and start packing things to either throw away or take to the charity shops. I cannot believe we have lived here for nearly a year and most of our possessions are still in boxes in the garage. It might explain why I still feel so unsettled living here. I don't know why - I guess it is because the whole thing was such an horrendous experience and with my dad dying suddenly in the middle of it - it just does not feel right - again it is all in my head:rolleyes:.

November is nearly here and the first anniversary of our surgeries. It would be nice to hear how you are all doing.

Best wishes

TBx

Su2ie

Great news you're getting your hernia sorted TB, I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about and will feel like a new woman afterwards!
Can't believe it's almost a year since surgery- mine was Nov 1st, it's flown by!
I've been maintaining my weight for the last 3 months or so and am quite happy where I'm at. Ideally would like to lose about another half stone but not really stressing about it, if I do great, if i don't it doesn't matter.
Life's been a rollercoaster over the last year that's for sure but I can honestly say, it's the best thing I've done and I'm in a really happy place.
Hope everyone else is doing well and would love to see some 1 year surgiversary updates xx

tranquil_butterfly

Great news you're getting your hernia sorted TB, I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about and will feel like a new woman afterwards!
Can't believe it's almost a year since surgery- mine was Nov 1st, it's flown by!
I've been maintaining my weight for the last 3 months or so and am quite happy where I'm at. Ideally would like to lose about another half stone but not really stressing about it, if I do great, if i don't it doesn't matter.
Life's been a rollercoaster over the last year that's for sure but I can honestly say, it's the best thing I've done and I'm in a really happy place.
Hope everyone else is doing well and would love to see some 1 year surgiversary updates xx

Great to hear from you and you are doing so well. I think about the last year and my head spins thinking about what has happened and changed. Once the hernia is repaired I will have no excuse in terms of doing some exercise and making this op really count. It has been truly life changing for all of us.

Where are the rest of you? So many of us had our surgeries last November. It would be nice to know how you are doing.

TBx

Willow4

Hi TB

Great news about getting your op done, my friend's just had hers done before she can have her Sleeve done, but she says she feels so much better all ready.

Have fun with your sister's, get them cracking on the house :D

I go on 5th November for my years appointment, I will let you know then how I get on.
Still plodding along, for me.

Take Care x

Willow4

Hi All November 14 Buddies

Well done to you all, hasn't the year gone fast.

My year up on the 19th will be celebrating in the Canaries, not has thin as I would or thought I would be.
Hopefully next year will be better.

Take care all of you xx Hugs

Elaine

mouse57

Willow4 your doing ok and you've been successful in loosing, sometimes it's a slow process. Well done on your loss do far enjoy your holiday :)

Willow4

Hi Mouse

Yes just feel like I should have done better, but when I started 2 years ago at 30 stone now 1lb under 16 which is not great I should be happy.

Hope you are ok, and doing well.

mouse57

Willow4 I've put weight on so. Not happy about that but I'm trying not to get upset because I'm smaller than I was last year and like you I expected a lot more. In two years you have done brilliantly. I think we are all out of the same mound not happy we all want more. I know I do and I want it yesterday. I don't know if you saw my comment the other day, but some one said Oh are you putting your weight back on, I was gutted. That's why I'm trying not to get upset about no loss. There has to be a logical reason. 30 to 16 a very big well done. Keep up the good work we will all get there in the end.

SHARONA

Hi All Sorry i have not been around . Its been a hard few months for me new job settling in weight loss battles changes in life etc and the list goes on.. I set up this thread as i wanted encouragement like the rest of us I hope that you have all got what you could from the group if nor from me others as well , as sharing is caring .
I can not believe its our year surgery anniversary !! Let me start by saying EVERYBODY here have done fantastic in regards to our loss we have all had our ups and down in one way or the other but we have lost some more than others but who cares we all have something to be proud of regardless of the amount for some huge confidence , clothes fitting better, better health able to walk a bit further etc etc. Give your self a big clap well done! Im going to post as a reminder the dates of our surgery last year sorry should have posted earlier!
su2ie...................1st Nov (band)
Dawn08...............3rd Nov(band)
mrsg74.................7th Nov (bypass)
Imac....................7th Nov(sleeve )
jib5686................10th Nov(band)
maggie................... 12th Nov (sleeve)
purplepippa9 .............12th Nov (sleeve)
mizKirsty...................13th Nov(band)
tranquil butterfly......... 26th Nov (sleeve)
Gweni.......................26th Nov(band)
Sharona(me)..............27th Nov( bypass)
ICAWM.......................27th Nov(bypass)

Su2ie

Lovely to hear from you aharona, so glad you popped by. I know it's been full of ups and downs and far from easy but celebrate all the positives, you will still get there if you keep at it and don't put yourself under too much pressure. We all slip up occasionally, I know I've been very naughty on occasion and pushed boundaries way too far sometimes but when all said and done here we are a year later in a much better place than before :)
There don't seem to be too many of us still around which is a shame, it would be good to hear how everyone is a year on but hope they are all good and the fact that they're not here means they don't feel like they need it any more because they're ok.
I don't post much any more but I do pop by from time to time and catch up on people's progress and stories.
Oh...Just one thing, no biggie but I had a bypass not a band. Given the trouble many people have had with bands in pretty glad I did, much as it terrified me at the time. Can honestly say 1 year on it's the best thing I've ever done....
Anyway, hope everyone is good and looking positively to the future :)

ICAWM

Hey Sharona
Thanks for the nudge. I do stop by but I seem to have found myself hiding in the wings. I'm coming up to my first anniversary and I'm in a much better place than a year ago.

I've lost over 100lbs
More than 7 stone
Over 60% of my excess weight

I am pleased with my losses although of course I wish I'd lost more in my first year. I'm embarrassed to sound ungrateful - I'm not, I just know I could, and should, have done better.

I have not had any gains which is awesome. I have to focus on the next 5 stone loss and hope my bounce will return as the weigh goes.

How's everyone else's journey been?