• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

" NOW IT'S DOWN TO ME "

markelsie

Hi everyone....

Before I waffle on I just want to say a BIG "thank-you" to Gaynor for her support and concern before-during and after my op which for me really does epitomises the strength and care of this group......

Well I got the all-clear yesterday to leave hospital and I was pleased to come home although I cant say enough about my surgeon Mr Fiennes and his team plus all the after-care the nurses showed me which always helps and having 5 other non-related ops feel worthy to judge..That said I always knew from the minute I walked in to the op theatre I was going to "COME OUT" and have to say the mental approach to all this is important.
Well we all know what it's like waking up with drips and tubes in and feeling like "you know what" and being waken to have your blood pressure taken by the night staff JUST when you were in a deep sleep...but hey-ho it's well worth it.

For me having watched 3 days of varying cookery programmes from Sat morning cook to Ready Steady AND then Celebrity Chef....Ohhh PLUS "Come Dine With Me" and seeing such delights from summer pudding dripping in cream to Roast Belly of Pork...I never knew that a few sips of water could taste as good as they did having not had anything from Thurs evening...

Well I'm now at the start line to a new life chapter and "really" do want to make sure I get everything I can from this op..and would just like to wish ALL future banders and bi-passers....the very best...

Glad to be back...

Mark:jelous:

Congrats on the op!!! Hope everything continues to move as swimmingly(ridiculous word!!!) as it has so far!!!

Hi everyone....

Before I waffle on I just want to say a BIG "thank-you" to Gaynor for her support and concern before-during and after my op which for me really does epitomises the strength and care of this group......

Well I got the all-clear yesterday to leave hospital and I was pleased to come home although I cant say enough about my surgeon Mr Fiennes and his team plus all the after-care the nurses showed me which always helps and having 5 other non-related ops feel worthy to judge..That said I always knew from the minute I walked in to the op theatre I was going to "COME OUT" and have to say the mental approach to all this is important.
Well we all know what it's like waking up with drips and tubes in and feeling like "you know what" and being waken to have your blood pressure taken by the night staff JUST when you were in a deep sleep...but hey-ho it's well worth it.

For me having watched 3 days of varying cookery programmes from Sat morning cook to Ready Steady AND then Celebrity Chef....Ohhh PLUS "Come Dine With Me" and seeing such delights from summer pudding dripping in cream to Roast Belly of Pork...I never knew that a few sips of water could taste as good as they did having not had anything from Thurs evening...

Well I'm now at the start line to a new life chapter and "really" do want to make sure I get everything I can from this op..and would just like to wish ALL future banders and bi-passers....the very best...

Glad to be back...

Mark:jelous:

I agree that the mental approach to this is very important...I am trying to wade through the clouds though right now as I have not had surgery yet.

Wishing you a super speedy recovery...

(((hugs)))

Good Luck and speedy recovery - cant post no glitter as using me mobile. but will later

All the best - MeJulie xx

Welcome to the loser's bench! Wishing you a speedy recovey and a brilliant start to the new you.

Nic:D

Glad your back and good luck on your weightloss :)

Grats loser.. in the politest way possible:D

I agree that the mental approach is very important. Im ok tho cos Im mental !!bbraawwppp. Only joking...ish

Now starts the new you, in mind and body, well that how it feels to me and I havent even been for a pre op yet lol.

So conga rats and enjoy yourself :D

Hi Mark Glad you are back home chuck, and bet you are relieved like I am;).Are you managing to get enough fluids down you?I'm drinking all day long:D:D

Hi Mark, glad to hear your op went well and I know exactly what you mean about this group, i'd be lost without everyone on here!

Good luck on your weight loss journey x

Such a fabulous mental attitude. I am so glad it all went well and now you are officially on the losers bench!

Congrats on your op Mark. Glad you are home and recovering. I think you are the first person I have seen that has had Mr Fiennes. If ever my funding comes through that is who I am hoping to have. Good luck with your journey. Take care.

Back