• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Numb hands

belbouteloup

Hi folks not sure if this is related to Gastric Bypaat all or not, but since my op i have started getting numb hands and sometimes my arms. i move my fingers around for a
minute and it goes, and usually after i wake up, but now seems to happen all the time. Any ideas ?

It could be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Usually the middle three fingers are the worst, if not the only fingers affected. I have had this for a few years now. I have surgery on my right hand but wimped out fo having my left hand done, so I still get it then. Have a word with your GP for proper diagnosis.

I have this had it marginally before surgery and a lot more since surgery....I was told by Mr Ammori that it could be a lack of B12 but that usually shows up four months after surgery....I had my B12 checked and it was fine....still have it now some days worse than others but there is a vast improvement so cant really say what it is...sorry cant be more help...xx

Hello Bellsie
Its not pins and needles is it? I've been over doing it on the DS recently and woke up with it for three days in a row. May GP reasured me she was not interested in it all.
Also have you heard of Reynaulds Disease? Its where your fingers go white and numb, usually the outer ones and it tends to start with the tips. I had it a few years ago after I lost a lot of weight and was smoking. It was a cold thing. There's a nerve trigger further up the arm and when that gets too cold it flips a switch that cuts off circulation to the extremites to preserve core body temp, and according to my medical web site the cure is to WEAR MITTENS!

On a more serious note it is a circulatory problem, for me I think it was due to smoking and stopped when I stopped. But I did feel the cold when I lost all that weight. I would probably mention it next time I saw my GP etc
iinklii

Thanks guys, appreciate all your advice, will def see me GP this week and check it out. your stars !! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back