• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T Diabetes n tattoo's

phatmomma

Okay a little off topic but here goes.

I got diagnosed type 2 diabetes about 18 months ago. Last summer i had my one and only tattoo (shoulder), sometimes now if my diet has been poor and i may have an infection coming my tattoo goes all bubbly and sometimes even itches. Normally its lovely and smooth...

Anyone else ever heard of or had this happen?

Soz hun cant help you there, i have 4 tattoo `s but dont have diabetes but did not want to read and run, hope some one comes along soon to help ya xxx

i,m type 2 and have many tattoos i have never had any trouble like that although the sun do,es affect certain colors on very hot days always the green and yellow in mine it make them a little lumpy
regards rambo

I have a large number of tattoos. As Rambo said - these can go bumpy and a bit itchy in the heat. I've had this happening since I was 16 and had my first tattoo done (I'm 41 now). I find that the black ones are the worst - and one black one in particular - a very old one on my shoulder. x

OKAY!! He's just come in and he says its the pigments in the ink that cause this itchy lumpy feeling. The pigments react to different things like sunlight, body temperature and can even flare up after a long time reacting to different soaps. Hope this helpsxx

That's very interesting Gaynor - can you ask him a question for me? I have very pale Irish skin - does the colour fade and sort of bleed out making lines not so clear more in this type of skin as compared to other sorts of skin? x

Thanks for the replies, there are some dark colours in it so it may be a heat thing although i cant remember what the weather was like! Thanks for the replies xx

That's very interesting Gaynor - can you ask him a question for me? I have very pale Irish skin - does the colour fade and sort of bleed out making lines not so clear more in this type of skin as compared to other sorts of skin? x

Jenni I will ask him for you when he comes home. He's staying out tonight because he has a tattoo convention in Doncaster tomorrow. I won't forget to ask, promisexx

wow gaynor what an ace job he has , iv three stars on my back for each of my children when im tad slimmer i hope to have more x.....................
tattoos not kids ! lol

julie my tattoos go a bit bumpy when im not well like gaynors son says maybe body temp x

Jenni I will ask him for you when he comes home. He's staying out tonight because he has a tattoo convention in Doncaster tomorrow. I won't forget to ask, promisexx

Thanks gaynor x

Can only echo the above about the ink colour..I have loads of tats and the light blues or yellows go lumpy & itchy on mine - the itching wears off over the years but they still get lumpy and worse if in direct sunlight.

Back