• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nut eating one month post op.

Tyraboots

Trying to get protein in. Don't do eggs, fish etc.
So when would I be able to eat whole nuts. Should I be milling nuts now?

Tyra, when you say you don't do milk/eggs etc.. does that mean you don't like them or you just don't eat them?

you should be fine with nuts hun as long as they are well chewed. I often have a handful of nuts as a snack for a bit of extra protein.

i eat nuts 2 but dont think i had them untill 9/10 weeks post op. xx

Don't like eggs at all. Except when hidden in cake! I tried fish, it just tastes dead to me. I like chicken, chick peas lentils stuff like that. I love nuts, especially walnuts.

I started eating nut 4-5 weeks post bypass with no problems.

I wish I could eat nuts but my son has a nut allergy. Luckily he is going to take part in some research that can make him able to tolerate them. Fingers crossed and then we might be able to get some for after my surgery. Some people that have had this have gone from being anaphylactic to eating upto 30 nuts a day. Sorry if you didn't want to know that but I just hope it works for him he is desperate for a cure.

Just out of interest what nuts are people eating, I love all nuts but just wondered is any unsalted/roasted nuts ok or should I stick to one type?

Gemma, your better off trying to stick to natural nuts - not salted or dry roasted as the closer to the original nut they are the better they are for you.

There's alot of added salt to the other versions. All nuts contain lots of fat, but these are 'good' fats and as with everything eaten in moderation are very good for you.

I eat nuts but didn't start until about 2 months post-op. How about seeds? They are generally smaller and contain some good nutrients.

I had nuts at 4 or 5 weeks too but could really only manage a few then. Now I can manage a few more and they go down much easier.

Back