• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'nuther newbie

novamay

Born Free
Hi all, I'm new to the site.... just signed up today after going to my gp for a referal for surgery... thought I would get the same old lecture,but he didn't bat an eyelid and said that he thought it would be the best course of action. I'm with North Tees/Hartlepool trust, but would be having the surgery in Sunderland (Mr Small) if approved. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who's had same surgeon, particuarly if they've had to go through NHS for funding (I can't afford to go private unfortunately!).

Hope Mr Small says yes - bmi is in the 50's, approaching 24 st :eek:, and have T2 diabetes - so fingers crossed! I am 40 this year; would like to see 41...

Hi all, I'm new to the site.... just signed up today after going to my gp for a referal for surgery... thought I would get the same old lecture,but he didn't bat an eyelid and said that he thought it would be the best course of action. I'm with North Tees/Hartlepool trust, but would be having the surgery in Sunderland (Mr Small) if approved. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who's had same surgeon, particuarly if they've had to go through NHS for funding (I can't afford to go private unfortunately!).

Hope Mr Small says yes - bmi is in the 50's, approaching 24 st :eek:, and have T2 diabetes - so fingers crossed! I am 40 this year; would like to see 41...

Hiya hun im 1 of his patients, i run his support group at the hospital, our next meeting if you want to come along and meet a few of our patients for a cuppa and a chat is Thursday July 29th 6pm, your bmi is high enough to qualify having surgery with us, any questions just ask x

Liz x

i am not from your area but just wanted to wish you luck with your journey x

hi and welcome to WLS its been very informative for me so far and i only joined a few days ago every1 seems very friendly x

Hi Novamay,
I just wanted to say welcome to the site and wish you good luck with your wls journey.:welcome2:

Hello Novamay and welcome to the bestest everest site for wls people.....

As Mixxy said remember you're a womble... err no ask anything about anything that you want too! There is no question too silly that someone (usually me :) ) hasn't already asked and were more than happy to answer it again!

Your lucky to be in the area of our lovely Liz, she's a corker and will point you in the right direction x x

Hello and welcome
I'm another Sunderland patient. There's a few surgeons in the team and you could end up being opped on by any of them. Mr Balupuri did my bypass and he did a mighty fine job lol !!!
Hope to see you at one of our get-togethers

Ta v much for the warm welcome everyone....

I probably do have lots of really daft questions, like can you feel the band after the op, or if you have the bypass will your stomach not just stretch again like it did in the first place.... do you get to choose which op you want or does the surgeon recommend what's best for you (d'oh;:doh: sorry, that is daft ... the surgeon's the expert!).

Liz, thanks for the invite - I will come to the support group on the 29th if you don't think I'm jumping the gun or owt like that - I'm probably a couple of years off surgery yet from what I've read on a couple of sites.

hi ya im a sunderland patient. i will not lie the process is a long one but it goes by quite quickly. i was referred in may last year and am hoping to have my op in the new year. the meetings are a good place to meet new people and ask lots of questions they are all lovely you couldnt meet a nicer group of people.

Thanks PerkyPrincess, hope all goes well with your op. You're not far from me - I'm in Stockton.

Thinking about it, 2 years isn't too bad, considering I've spent the past 32 years on diets (WW at age 8 with my mum), going up and down and getting nowhere, I guess I can wait a few more years particularly if I get a successful result at the end of it... fingers crossed... ;):fingerscrossed:

Ha, there are some cool smilies on this site - love this one: :massmoon: (love the way the buts jiggle!)

Ta v much for the warm welcome everyone....

Liz, thanks for the invite - I will come to the support group on the 29th if you don't think I'm jumping the gun or owt like that - I'm probably a couple of years off surgery yet from what I've read on a couple of sites.

ya very welcome hinny, a few of us having a night out in south shields the sat be the support group, either u can make will be good, any questions just ask we have a very good support network in Sunderland ......... i support newc tho hehe :rolleyes: xxx

Hello and welcome
I'm another Sunderland patient. There's a few surgeons in the team and you could end up being opped on by any of them. Mr Balupuri did my bypass and he did a mighty fine job lol !!!
Hope to see you at one of our get-togethers

all our surgeons r fantastic ive had mr small and bal op on me, they a fab team here in the north east x

Hi Novamay

i' m in the same boat, GP has just sent referal and he didnt argue i had prepared myself for a fight leading upto my appointment and didnt even need to cry to him lol, he just agreed, now i cant wait to be slim hope i'm lucky enough to get the funding.

Its worrying as i dont have high blood pressure, or t2 diabetes. just low self esteem, bad joint pains, asthma........... my mam does have heart problems so am at a higher risk of developing them if i stay overweight. its nerve racking x

so seen as we can ask silly questions, i have one............

Did anyone feel more nervous about what they would look like after they had the surgery then actually the fear of having the surgery ???????? x

oh oh... I'm 'Boro by marriage' - OH is from Teesside.

Back