• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'nuther newbie

Hi Novamay

i' m in the same boat, GP has just sent referal and he didnt argue i had prepared myself for a fight leading upto my appointment and didnt even need to cry to him lol, he just agreed, now i cant wait to be slim hope i'm lucky enough to get the funding.

Its worrying as i dont have high blood pressure, or t2 diabetes. just low self esteem, bad joint pains, asthma........... my mam does have heart problems so am at a higher risk of developing them if i stay overweight. its nerve racking x

Hi Amy, I guess your gp thinks although you may not have T2D, HBP etc yet but the longer you are o/w, the more likely you are to develop them. Plus I think the can fund 'exceptional cases' (I've seen a few of the links about them on the site).

Got an update - not much but better than nowt... I got the 'choose and book' letter today from the doctors.... got excited and wanted to skip around the room, but couldn't remember how to do it - how sad! It's been years since I've skipped! Anyhoo excitment didn't last long - I went online to book an appointment and it said 'no appointments available at this time' - :cry: So, had to ring the phone line and the operator said he'd pass on the details direct to Sunderland and they would be in touch with me within 14 days. If I don't hear from them I'm to get back in touch with GP. Oh well, I'll concentrate on swimming (went today and did 40 mins at a steady pace - woo hoo!) and eating healthy for now, and push the waiting to the back of my mind until I hear from hospital. Otherwise I'd go do-da-lally.

Haven't even thought about what I'd look like after the surgery to be honest. I'd like to think that I'd at least feel better, have less pain in my joints, and be able to move about easier - I hope I can skip again one day....

Hi just wanted to stop by and say welcome, im to at sunderland but not in the area unfortunatly....... ( i go there as i started my journey in cyprus, were miliatry, so they work with sunderland hospital ) haha sorry rambled there... anyway hope it all goes your way and the best of luck xx

Hi amy yes me!!! i am worried what i will look like and my mum keeps saying it to... BUT my first reason is my health so ill worry about that first and what will be will be... im worried about the excess skin afterwards to, to be honest.... i am only young so it might not be to bad :-/ hmmm im not so sure xx

Back