• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nutrition appointment and no weight loss

Denize

I am struggling here. I saw the doctor at Luton December and he recommended me for surgery. I had previously lost my 5% weight but put it back on pretty quickly and it was noted at my last nutrition appointment.I have an appointment on Tuesday with the nutritionist and I've only lost 3 kg and should have lost another five at least. I am wondering whether to cancel the appointment and wait for the weight loss to be what it should be. I really want to have the surgery as soon as possible because I find it difficult to sustain weight loss-obviously. I find it difficult going to a nutritionist when I haven't done what I should've done.

I'm confused about the procedure anyway because I have been to see the medical doctor and been told that I will be recommended for surgery. And also when I had my 5% loss I was told I would be recommended for surgery. Will I lose this opportunity based on my lack lack of weight loss recently.

I wouldn't cancel, personally. While I can't say what will happen, I believe if you start cancelling appointments, it shows a lack of commitment and they may not offer any more. I lost and gained through my pre op journey but I did wait 4 years for surgery (as they waited until after my final year at uni was complete)

I agree with @puddytats I had to leave one of my group sessions because a parent had gone into hospital and then had to wait until they ran that session again so it could be ticked off.

I am struggling here. I saw the doctor at Luton December and he recommended me for surgery. I had previously lost my 5% weight but put it back on pretty quickly and it was noted at my last nutrition appointment.I have an appointment on Tuesday with the nutritionist and I've only lost 3 kg and should have lost another five at least. I am wondering whether to cancel the appointment and wait for the weight loss to be what it should be. I really want to have the surgery as soon as possible because I find it difficult to sustain weight loss-obviously. I find it difficult going to a nutritionist when I haven't done what I should've done.

I'm confused about the procedure anyway because I have been to see the medical doctor and been told that I will be recommended for surgery. And also when I had my 5% loss I was told I would be recommended for surgery. Will I lose this opportunity based on my lack lack of weight loss recently.
it's best to go to your appointment then explain your situation to them I wouldn't cancel

Hope your apt went ok - was it today?

How was the appointment?

Hope your appointment went ok?

Firstly thanks so much for your support and comment.

I went and was told I cannot be recommended for Surgery until I lost my 10 percent.. I have an appointment in a month time and have been told to do the milk diet. The dietician was lovey and said that she will also have a team meeting discussion to see if I can become an exception. I have 6 kg to loose in a month. That's ok ..its just keeping it off

Back