• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T Dropped laptop can it be fixed .

I'm no expert but it probably can be fixed, but it may not be worth it when you weigh up the cost. Is it just the screen that is broken?

When I wanted to my PC repaired and updates installed, PC-World wanted over £300. I just went out and bought a new one.

The website below has screens.

Fujitsu model Laptop Screens

Youd be better trying an independant repair place. There are a lot of 'mobile' PC repair companies around here who come to your house to do the work. If you can find one recommended by a friend theyre worth their weight in gold.

I'd agree, if it needs a new screen its probably cheaper to buy a new one, the cost of replacing a screen on a laptop isn't cheap, i had one changed under warranty on an IBM i had and the bill plus parts came to just over £400, when you can go direct to Dell and buy a replacement for £300 its not worth it.

Alternative is to claim it on your house insurance ! though if you have an excess it might not be worth it !

Me too when my daughter dropped mine on the floor. Even with the excess they gave me a laptop better than the one she dropped!

Hi,

My Hubby does fix computers (Mobile Computer, Laptop and PC Services. Repairs, Upgrades and Web Design) and he said the Laptop screen can be replaced. It can be expensive and shops such as PC world etc do charge the earth:cry:. If you are going to get an independant to do it. Make sure they are trustworthy and get a couple of quotes first, also make sure they will guarentee the work that they do.

Hope that helps and if you can claim on House insurance all the better!!

Take Care

Paula XX

Back