• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T WISH ME LUCK LOL

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Today im.........

packing in smoking :eek: !!! yes i had my last smoke this morning with my morning coffee before Ryan went back to school, i chose today as my quit day as i thought it best when the school holidays were over.

ive been on the nicotine patches before and was succesfull but went back to smoking for various reasons.

this time im on the new nicorette micro tablets which go under the tounge and each contain 2mg of nicotine, im allowed a maximum of 40 of these a day, ive had 1 tablet so far and they seem quite good.

the reason im trying again to stop is for a few different reasons, firstly i need to stop before my next plastics op as its safer for the venting system while in theatre, secondly ive turned my life around regarding my weight issues so i need to do this as well to feel complete and to also set my 8 year old son a better example as he hates me smoking.

my o/h is also doing this with me as well, so far so good we havent killed each other yet lol :D

i shall update how we get on later.

liz xxx

Good Luck Liz I'm 6 weeks stopped now (pre op time) and haven't even had one. I used the electric cigarette with me its the hand habit thing and was still getting the nicotine without the harmful effects of anything else but i have'nt used that since the night before my op. Other thing i used to use was sucking on sugar free lollipops again that hand thing. Good luck again you can do this x

Good for you Liz,

Its good that you have the support of your OH, hopefully your journey into non-smoking will be made easier with Oh help.

My mum and I gave up about 20 years ago:). My mum had been smoking for over 25 years. She found it harder than me because I only smoked a few a day and at the time. My daughter was a baby at the time and she was our inspiration for giving up, we never smoked in front of her.

So glad we made that decision to give up.
My mum has a chest infection at the moment and I'm sure if she was still smoking she would be a lot worse off.

Pinkyxx

thanks allie, the lollies are a good idea i shall get some, its all part of routine thing with me, ill prob crave one after lunch, but ill get up and do the dishes straight away instead of sitting having a fag, well done on packing in xxxx

liz x

the very best of luck Liz. I know it must be hard to give up. Just keep coming on here every time you fancy a fag and hopefully we will give you the distraction you need until the craving passes.

Good luck Liz and your OH

Just think of all that money you will save, more to go towards your new wardrobe! x

oh gud luck hun you can do it i packed in nearley 13yrs ago now and it was the best thing i ever did i was already big b4 i packed in so i dont want you to think thats where i got my weight gain lol im sure you will be fine hun just take each day as it comes you might find it really easy like i did lin.x

Good luck liz!
I quit a year last august, I had tried the patches before and quit but then started again a short tim after, so last year I went cold turkey.
I was suprised with myself as I found it better that way than with patches.
Since then I've had maybe 5 ciggies? But each time I've thought "bluuuuuurgh why did I smoke!" -- hope you get to that soon!
.X.

Last edited:
Good luck to you and hubby :D

Ive never smoked but other half gave up after gettig some pills off the doc, apparently they are usually given for back pain but they help stop smoking, or something like that lol :rolleyes:

OMG!! Liz, this is fab news really pleased for u and Paul..but OMG!!! you will kill each other haha....good luck to both of you, i'l be interested to see which one survives this experience...lol xxxxx

way to go x
I gave up around 9 years ago when I couldnt concieve and my husband was suppost to but smoked secretly behind my back (which upset me) he had smoked since he was around 14 and just enjoyed it, however he finally gave up around 3 years ago and has never had one since. He used the gum tablets and also the inhaler thing that looks like a plastic cig.
My friend also gave up around a year or so ago after her son then 6 told her about that advert that said I'm not scared of becky Taylor I'm scared if mum dying ! she never had one again.
Wish you lots and lots of luck with it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Helen

OMG!! Liz, this is fab news really pleased for u and Paul..but OMG!!! you will kill each other haha....good luck to both of you, i'l be interested to see which one survives this experience...lol xxxxx

:D lol deb we both calm its now just after 2 im allowed 40 of these tablets a day ive had only two so far, i keep getting an craving on and off but i feel ok. the stress will start at 3.30 when ryan comes out of school thats when i will find it hard :mad:

liz xxx

wishing you the best of luck liz, although if your band and weight loss success is anything to go by i know you WILL do this.
Soon your be spending more £'s on clothes :D than ciggies.

You will feel so much better after you have given up! I went cold turkey to give up - years ago - and almost immediately my skin started to improve and I reckon I have few wrinkles now, at 50 than a lot of my smoking friends had in their 30s. Not to mention the asthma and financial side.

Good luck to you both! x

very best of luck to you Liz, i'm sure you'll be fine just look at how well you have done with your weight.
I fully intend to tackle smoking once i've cracked 'this weight thing' one thing at a time eh? i managed to give up once fofr four months by using the tablets from the GP. I will crack it next time!
Good for you Liz, you have our full support, after all you look after so many of us xx

Back