• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

kurstywursty

Angie.. I also could not believe how quick and easy the recovery was...I kept posting on here that it was a breeze. It was my first big op and I was terrified...but if I can do it, anyone can lol.... You are dong amazing

Speedy recovery to all the new post oppers and good luck willow and anyone else still to go in October xx

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Me too.. Recovered quite quick.. Only problems I had was wind in the beginning but that's norm and about day 4.. I pulled muscle in my right side of my stomach doing to much to quick.. Ouchy!!!. But when u have 3 kids "mummy not feeling well" doesn't cut it..lol but has died down now.. Just feel so well that I have to keep reminding myself it's only been two weeks.. Really want to start swimming and exercising as full of energy.. Really can't believe how good this op has made me feel.. Really didn't believe I was gonna have all this energy!!! Purée starts tomorrow and really can't wait as missing the sensation of chewing plus after 4 weeks of soup really had enough of it lol.. Need a cracker soon.. He he he.. So glad to hear all your progresses as keeps me feeling I belong somewhere with people who understand my struggles and successes.. Love to you all.. Soon to be Fatfree xxx

Fatfree 81 xxxxx

Angie E

Fatfree 81- I'm so glad to hear your doing well. Same here I couldn't believe how good I felt , crazy isn't. And having all that energy is perfect especially when you have children to look after. When you start exercising you are going to be feel even more better, trust me.... Take care and thanks for the update. X

Willow4

Got to hospital for 07:15am, just two of us for the operation and I was the second one in. At 15:30 after going down to theater once then coming back, I was told it was cancelled due to complications with the other lady's operation.

At 5:pm they called with another date 19th November.

Angie E

Oh dear Willow4 - what a pain all that mental preparation. I glad they were quick to give you another date.....X

Su2ie

Oh willow, so sorry to hear that. After all the preparation it must really mess with your head, nightmare!!

Hope you're ok. You will get there x

Wilsnip

Oh no Willow, i was thinking of you too, fingers crossed it goes ahead next time. Im lucky mine went ahead without complications and im back home chilling.

Willow4

Hi Wilsnip
I was thinking about you to, pleased everything went ok, and all the best for your journey.

Thanks Angie, Alfiemoomin and Kirsty

Best wishes Su2ie, hope all is well.

Su2ie

So how are all you October peeps getting on??

Hope everyone is recovering well and pain free by now x

Wilsnip

Im doing well thanks, still in a bit of pain but the bruising is coming out so im healing well, looking forward to the puree stage x

lovelyzobo

I'm doing ok.....lost 1st 1 pound so far (9lb pre op). So very very pleased. Still really bloated, I look 7 months pregnant.....but I'm getting there! Wounds look good....glue flaking off now!

How is everyone else??

Zxx

wilb32

13 days post op had a rough weekend woke early hours Saturday morning in agony had to be re-admitted and found my bowel was distended and I was really dehydrated 3 liters of IV fluid and they allowed me to come home everything seems to have settled although gone back to liquid diet for a few more days. So far lost about 10 lb post op whilst I was in hospital I put on 2lb despite not eating probably due to the 3 liters of IV fluid!
Tonight I am trying a Tesco cottage pie 3tbspn with gravy and puréed to a sloppy mix hope this goes down ok
What is everyone else eating?

lovelyzobo

Oh wilb32......bless you, sorry you've been feeling so pants! Hopefully things will go in the right direction now.

Sending love.

Zxx

Su2ie

13 days post op had a rough weekend woke early hours Saturday morning in agony had to be re-admitted and found my bowel was distended and I was really dehydrated 3 liters of IV fluid and they allowed me to come home everything seems to have settled although gone back to liquid diet for a few more days. So far lost about 10 lb post op whilst I was in hospital I put on 2lb despite not eating probably due to the 3 liters of IV fluid! Tonight I am trying a Tesco cottage pie 3tbspn with gravy and puréed to a sloppy mix hope this goes down ok What is everyone else eating?

Oh dear! Hope you're on the mend now, sounds like you've had a rough time :(

alfiemoomin

Well to remind you all i was a 7th Oct gal. I went abroad and I've nil complications no boffing or anything. I had trapped surgery wind first couple days mind you.

Liquids all went well. Took time to move to puree and now on normal foods and wounds healed wonderfully so was it worth it??? Hell Yeh ?

24 lbs lighter and feel human again x