• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Things are ticking over nicely at moment.except when I walk around,after ten minutes I'm exhausted.has this been the same for anyone else?how long does it go on for?its doing my crust in!

Things are ticking over nicely at moment.except when I walk around,after ten minutes I'm exhausted.has this been the same for anyone else?how long does it go on for?its doing my crust in!
That's normal Marcos ,I was the same ,only just starting to feel like my old self now , five weeks post op on Friday., three stone lighter in six weeks,

I was pretty well behaved for 5 full days and rested with aiming for 5 mins walk around each hour to prevent dvt etc.

I returned to work on day 6 with an hours commute each way. I was quite tired and made a b line for bed around an hour after getting home to ensure I got enough rest to attend work next day.

I.must add I have a desk type job with short walking to departments and meetings etc

Spend 2 weekends with no plans on purpose to again rest. Nearly 4 weeks on (7th Oct sleeveed) I feel virtually back to normal just would attempt any hand stands due to wounds still bit tender

Hope not helps x

Hi Marcos, sorry to hear you were unwell. I hope you get better soon. For myself I have been doing pretty well, tired for the first 5 days after my op, had to rest a lot especially with a 3 year to look after. And now feel so much alive, like my old self but with more energy. I can't believe how good I feel in comparison to the first week. I'm able to drinking water and fluids more. My stomach is making less noises and I'm able to move incredibly more easily. To give you an example, I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes yesterday and today I did 30 minutes on a stationery bike. I think I must be a fast healer.....

Day 7 tried some Ready Brek for breakfast this morning it went down well and stayed there.
Might try some purée mash and gravy for tea tonight

Hi all - you might think I'm mad but today I called the Bariatric Nurse today to find out if this is normal to feel this good in my second week of surgery. I explained I'm drinking normal, not cramps, no stomach pains, exercising ok (not with weights) and my scars are hardly visible, the nurse wanted to laugh she said most patients call up because of discomfort, not because they're feeling well. I felt so stupid. I just wanted to check. Anyway - they have advise me that I can start puree foods early - starting this Friday - hooray!!!

Lost another 6 pounds!!! So far this week. Weight lost city here I come..

I'm home!! Had my band yesterday....anyone else home today?? Hope everyone is doing ok? Xxx

Good to hear you're all recovering well.

I had my pre-op assessment today and found out my surgery is actually Saturday not Friday so an extra day to wait :(

Feeling a bit impatient now and just wanna get it over and done with.

Wow you are not human,your a machine angie e!!! & I'm jealous.you must have proper rock hard genes.mind u it sounds as if you are one rock hard woman through & through,your inside body fights off infection as your outside fights off Drs after surgery(& that's even sedated)try bottling & selling what makes you tick,you'd make a fortune.

Hi all - you might think I'm mad but today I called the Bariatric Nurse today to find out if this is normal to feel this good in my second week of surgery. I explained I'm drinking normal, not cramps, no stomach pains, exercising ok (not with weights) and my scars are hardly visible, the nurse wanted to laugh she said most patients call up because of discomfort, not because they're feeling well. I felt so stupid. I just wanted to check. Anyway - they have advise me that I can start puree foods early - starting this Friday - hooray!!!

Lost another 6 pounds!!! So far this week. Weight lost city here I come..

Sound like me.

I have had no pain since the second day home and all my incisions are healing nicely.

I can drink about 200 to 250ml per meal ATM. I actually feel very good.

Good luck to all of you who are recovering.
I hope I will be has good as you Angie-E after mine.

Good luck Su2ie for Saturday.

Hi Wilsnip
Good luck for tomorrow, I will be joining you on the Losers bench.
Well this is it :8855: got to be at the hospital at 7:30am.

Speak to you all soon.

Wow you are not human,your a machine angie e!!! & I'm jealous.you must have proper rock hard genes.mind u it sounds as if you are one rock hard woman through & through,your inside body fights off infection as your outside fights off Drs after surgery(& that's even sedated)try bottling & selling what makes you tick,you'd make a fortune.

I would love to have a special potion to sell to patients of weight lost surgery patients... he, he.... I think it's just positive thinking and mind over matter. It's my forth 4 major Op in 10 years, 7th all together so my body has been so used to being cut open and having to heal........:(

Bex.wils mine is all wind pain too! Managed squash a milky coffee and now having a cuppa soup! Otherwise all ok.....although ,ore sore than last time, no idea why! Xxx

Wilow4 not long now.. How exciting.

Wilsnip, good luck for tomorrow.

And Susie I bet you can't wait to start your journey.

Stephem - so glad I'm not the only with the quick recover. I was started to think I was robotic or something....

Hi all - you might think I'm mad but today I called the Bariatric Nurse today to find out if this is normal to feel this good in my second week of surgery. I explained I'm drinking normal, not cramps, no stomach pains, exercising ok (not with weights) and my scars are hardly visible, the nurse wanted to laugh she said most patients call up because of discomfort, not because they're feeling well. I felt so stupid. I just wanted to check. Anyway - they have advise me that I can start puree foods early - starting this Friday - hooray!!! Lost another 6 pounds!!! So far this week. Weight lost city here I come..
Thats so great to hear such positive news. Im glad your well and feeling so much better. I hope Im blessed with same recovery. And exercising too. May it continue xx

Back