• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Good luck all you October people. X

Best of luck for all the October's! :)

Whilst mine is not a permanent surgery, i'm having the 12 month gastric balloon. I am having it done on 8th October.

Hi there odonnellcheryl,

In answer to your question I think you have to be a patient of Homerton Hospital however don't let that put you off. It's a good support group to meet others to exchange ideas and experiences, so come anyway on the 3rd Thursday of every month - I think!!

Anyway I'm getting myself ready for my pre -op diet, I'm just hoping the hospital puts me on the 1000 calories per day after stocking up on soups. I said good bye to fat foods yesterday that will no longer fuel my body in a positive way and decided to buy a pack of chocolate Digestive biscuits and peanuts. The thing is I was in the supermarket for a long time a couldn't decided what to buy as a treat, before I would of bought anything crisps, M&M, ice cream but I have change my eating pattern for the last 10 months and more conscious of what I 'm buying. When I got home I ate a couple of the biscuits and lost the thrill of eating them and through the rest in the bin. A year ago I would of been so excited, eating them with a large cup of tea cuddle up on the sofa. So I feel, so, so ready to start my journey. Keep me posted with your development everyone. Pre -op assessment tomorrow with the nurse.

Good luck to you all in October .i had my by pass on sep 25tH , five days ago, any questions please ask

Hi all, yey I hoped that someone would do an October thread. I'm having a sleeve on the 17th!! eeeeeeeeek xx

Good luck fat free......yeh I've found a same day bud x Not long now Alfiemoomin r u excited? Xxx

15th October is my date in France.counting down the days,hours,mins.cant wait.just want to awaken to my new life & put this old one 2bed...4good!!!

I feel exactly the same Marcos, good luck for the 15th keep us updated. Xx

Hi all, I'm an October sleeve too! Scheduled for the 16th.

I'm quite apprehensive AND excited - just eaten my way through a half a box of chocs prior to starting my pre-op diet tomorrow! Emotional eating, I know I know. Will have to learn new comfort strategies once I have the sleeve.

Good luck to you all. Will keep popping to see your progress and report mine

Mx

It's so reassuring 2 know your not on your own.this site is a treasure Ive stumbled across that has helped no end so far and is reassuring 2 know that it's there for future days.brill!

So in 2 days time I will be traveling in preparation for my op on Wednesday morning, & this morning I was in a total panic as it really felt like I was getting a horrible cold.

Even my husband was worried but thankfully some healthy food, a good walk & a bath seems to have cleared me. I'm thinking it was maybe because I slept with all the windows closed last night so no fresh air circulating.

I swear I have never prayed so much, just keep me healthy healthy healthy :)

Back