• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

can i join you?

Hi October people! Well i should have had my bypass on 30 Sept but sadly the hospital cancelled the evening before due to no beds. Gutted didn't cover it. I've now been given the 9th October, fingers crossed. Been on the pre op milk diet since 15th Sept which has been hard. Op being done at QA in portsmouth...please god!!

Hi October people,

I thought it would be nice to list all our dates when we are scheduled to have our surgery, hopefully we share are experiences along the way, high's and low's. Here goes and sorry if I missed anyone.
- Alfiemoomin and Natclaire - 7th October
- Bellini - 8th October
- Incasmum - 9th October
- Angie E and Marcos - 15th October
- Maggy -16th October
- Fatfee81 and Kate 79 - 17th October
- Willow4 - ?
- LovelyZobo- - 27th October

I'm feeling very nervous now.... Will decided next week whether I'm going for the sleeve or Bypass. I want the sleeve but hospital wants to give me Bypass. So I'm so unsure.... Good luck and keep us all posted with your developments.

Angie E

It'll all be fine,just read so many of post op experiences in this web site to confirm wot was all the worry about.as I've read so many times in wlsurgery they wished they had it done sooner.no doubt we'll be singing that tune in 2015.when we have any doubts & fears we need to see in our minds eye the transformation of the new me that's almost a reality!

I'm 11 days post op bypass, just remember after op the first night is always the worst after that every day gets better,no one told me this and I wish they did ,it gives you hope, and gets you through your time in hospital, I lost 1stone 2lbs on my LSD, but only 5lbs since the by pass , but very swollen still,

Good luck all you October peeps. Can only echo what Curls says. Every day is better than the last. I'm day 16 post sleeve today. Only 5 more days until my puree stage!

Hi there,

I have decided to start an October thread. I am due to have my WLS on the 15th October at Homerton Hospital and scheduled to start my pre-diet on the 1st October, I'm not looking forward to that. I have already lost 2 stones since June 2014 and if I lose anymore my BMI will be under 40. I'm just hoping the hospital continues with the surgery.

Let me know if your due to have surgery that month and happy to share your journey/experiences.
Good luck with your surgery you must be so excited to be finally getting it. I'm just starting this journey just been referred by my gp for surgery at homerton just waiting for my first appointment, how long did you have to wait from first appointment to surgery ? X

Hi there Michelle79,

I waited for about 10 months. Referred by GP in Nov, seen by the consultant in Dec 2013, test done in January, Dietarian seen in February and the consultant again in April. Approved in April and surgery date given in October. It may seem long but it does go pretty fast. I used my time well to research pro's and con's of having WLS, took a real look at my eating habits and started taking action with a healthy plan to lose weight and attended Homerton Hospital support group. As you will find at the WLS is just a tool so my advice will be to use your time by researching and getting prepared for the process.

There are many people out there who think that the surgery will help lose weight for every - this is so not the case, so you have to get a grip of all those emotional issues with food, learn how to eat smaller portions and start exercising. Good luck and do come to the support group.

Angie

Well Curls40,

On your weight lost so far, I'm sure in the next couple of months your body will have adjusted and the weight will just fly off!!!!

Thx curls40,how come you went on a LSDiet they've said naff all to me.do you take any meds I.e tablets cos how do your new stomach cope with them.wot painkillers do they issue to you as I want the ones the strength to knock a horse out.do u have any difficulty going from sitting to laying position or visa versa.im hoping it's not going to be to much of a problem as I'm having to drive from Portsmouth back to cardiff 3 days after op!!!glad I've managed to find someone whose had a mini G bypass especially one whose just had it.keep in touch PLS.

Hi there Michelle79, I waited for about 10 months. Referred by GP in Nov, seen by the consultant in Dec 2013, test done in January, Dietarian seen in February and the consultant again in April. Approved in April and surgery date given in October. It may seem long but it does go pretty fast. I used my time well to research pro's and con's of having WLS, took a real look at my eating habits and started taking action with a healthy plan to lose weight and attended Homerton Hospital support group. As you will find at the WLS is just a tool so my advice will be to use your time by researching and getting prepared for the process. There are many people out there who think that the surgery will help lose weight for every - this is so not the case, so you have to get a grip of all those emotional issues with food, learn how to eat smaller portions and start exercising. Good luck and do come to the support group. Angie
Thanks Angie I know this is something I need to do as been trying to lose weight for the last 20 yrs I thought so long and hard about it and have been trying to do it on my own for ages, The thought of an operation scares me silly but I know it's my only option of losing weight and keeping it off. I'm hoping the consultant will be able to decide which surgery will be good for me as I'm not sure,they all have good and negatives about them

Thx curls40,how come you went on a LSDiet they've said naff all to me.do you take any meds I.e tablets cos how do your new stomach cope with them.wot painkillers do they issue to you as I want the ones the strength to knock a horse out.do u have any difficulty going from sitting to laying position or visa versa.im hoping it's not going to be to much of a problem as I'm having to drive from Portsmouth back to cardiff 3 days after op!!!glad I've managed to find someone whose had a mini G bypass especially one whose just had it.keep in touch PLS.
Marcos, liver shrinkage diet, LSD, is what most people are put on before wls surgery, in order to perform keyhole safely the liver has to be lifted and in overweight people it is enlarged, so there is either the milk / yoghurt plan or the low fat low carbs food Plan ,I choose the food and lost 1stone 2lbs,
I'm really shocked you are planning on driving back to Cardiff to porstmouth, I'm sure the doctors won't advise this, wls is major surgery, you will be drained , sore and bruised after, and having been pumped full of drugs for three days you will be confused, after surgery you will have a morphine pump,for normally two days,
After surgery we can't take painkillers in tablet form ,, I was given calpol 6plus, as it's liquid, follow my thread, jens jorney in post op. You will be very sore and bruised inside and out,and a bit swollen after surgery,I had my stitches out today day 11 , I have 5 wounds, one of those had a drain in.

Hi all... Thanks for adding my surgery... Starting to get nervous now...lol hope everyone one else is doing well...
Can we have herbal tea on liver LSD as water is getting BORING and don't really like cordial.. Xxx

Thanks curls40.. Think gonna make a herbal sage and lemon myrtle as water is getting hard to drink.. He he he xxx

Good luck Alfiemoomin and natclair. From the list it looks like you're up tomorrow. Sending healing vibes! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery Goal = BMI under 30. Height = 5'1 and a bit - the bit is important ;0). Highest ever weight 111.2kg (17st7); BMI=45. Weight & BMI pre-pre-op diet = 107.9kg (17st); BMI=43.8

Hi to all October people!! I'm Jo and due to have a mini bypass on 12 Oct. busy ploughing through lots of milk and yoghurt now and struggling with so many emotions. Feel like I'm making a mistake one minute and on top of the world the next- I'm either stark raving mad or it's normal. Anyone else going in Sunderland this month?? Xxx

Thanks Mrs Z, sure it'll all be worth it- but I could end up single!!! He never knows what mood I'm going to be in xxx

Back