• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

wilb32

Week four for me tomorrow and all is well just started to have a little more texture in my food and all is going well, except don't seem to be loosing weight as much as I thought I would I'm only eating about 600 cals a day and not getting much exercise yet.

Marcos

All my stitches are finally gone,GP advised me to apply Vaseline on them,they started falling off the very next day.im beginning to know what I can & can't eat.im back to work tomorrow.& gym in 2 weeks.energy levels are pretty much back to norm(I hope not famous last words).even my watch has moved in a notch on its strap as weight loss is ticking over nicely.at this rate I not gonna know myself this time next year.

Sephem

Hi October surgery people, I wanted to know how you all are doing. That's is Alfiemoomin, Natclaire, Bellini, Incasmum, Marcos, Maggy, Fatfee81, Willow4 and LovelyZoby. I'm sorry if I have not listed you name on the list. For myself I'm doing fine. I had my first stall last week(week 5) I'm sure due to the lack of calories and not drinking enough water. So I decided to up my calories and drink more water and as result the scales started to move again. I have been struggling with getting my protein intake, chicken, salmon, mince meat and haddock makes me vomit. So I have protein shakes, cheese and beans (mashed) to help me get my daily intake. I had to through way a lot of my old clothes last week and replace them with some old size 18's I had in my spare room, I also went out and bought some clothes from Primark which will do for now. Anyway let me know how you are doing....XX

Strange I am in week 5 and so far I am up 1kg with 2 days to go. I would love it if I stay the same, cause gaining is such a downer. Like you I am staggering to get all I need in, but for me it's enough water.

Angie E

Although Im not an October person but would like to comment if i can. It looks like you are doing very very well. Apparently stalls are quite common. Wow thats s lot of protein that makes you sick is it because you are intolerant or cant digest it. Does water help speed up the weight loss when you have stalls. Its good you had to throw away a lot of clothes. . I cant wait to go to Primark bet there lovely. have you started exercising? All the best with the rest of your journey. Best wishes hun xx

Hi Sharona, thanks for your comment. In answer to your question I'm going through a process of elimination with regard to my protein choices and see what my body agrees with.
With regard to a stall. I was not worried because I was expecting it to happen but not so soon. What helped me get out of it was drinking more water and increasing my calories, then the scale move and I was 3Ibs lighter.
I started to exercise or move very earlier in the process which contributed to my weight lost to date. Despite being overweight I love to exercise, I have always gone to the gym, 3- 4 days per week for the last 10 years but my problems was overeating using the gym as excuse to have not one but many treats. I started with walking on the treadmill about 8 days after my operation for 20 - 40 minutes. I am now doing strength training, now as recommended by consultant. Yesterday I ran on the treadmill and could not believe I could run so fast with the less weight....XXX

Angie E

Thanks for responding. Alfiemoonin It's good to hear your doing well.

Wil32 - With regard to the weight loss. People lose weight at different rates as long as your clothes are getting bigger you know your on the right track. I'm sure your one of those people who are a slow started, then all hell breaks lose with losing weight by the day!!!

Marcos - recovering well and in the process of getting your body moving with gym work.. If you need any advice let me know.

Sephem - Try logging your calories and water intake. I use My Fitness Pal for this. Your body might be retaining water but I would speak to a member of your Bariatric Team just to be sure.... Don't lose heart....XXX

Su2ie

Hi all, I'm technically not quite an October person though I'm right on the cusp. I was admitted to hospital on 31st and had my surgery in 1st nov but thought I'd join in anyway ;)

2 and half weeks post op and so far no problems. Healing well but get quite dizzy at times and really tired. I guess this is normal considering how little I'm eating. Still have some pain but not too severe and getting better all the time.

I've been quite emotional and up and down a lot but think this is because I'm so impatient! I just want to get everything back to normal asap - want to get back to work, get the stockings off, get back to proper food, get to the gym etc. I have to keep reminding myself that it's major surgery and has only been a couple of weeks

Weight loss wise I'm keen to hurry through losing dress sizes (again impatient!!) but actually pretty pleased so far - since surgery have lost 15lb and in total only 1lb away from 3 stone.

Glad to hear from all of you that are a few weeks ahead of me, it gives me an insight into what's around the corner..... :)

maggy

Hi AngieE,
Great to hear all the progress updates! Congrats everyone!!!

I was supposed to be an October sleeve but but got bumped at my pre op assessment because of a chest infection :0( But I'm all done now :0) day 9 post op, a good few pounds down though still in a bit of pain. Still the best thing I've ever done :0)

Interested to see you're back into the strength training. I've just bought one of those resistance band things so I can start back gently. I was a powerlifter in days past so hoping to use all those skills to keep my muscle mass up.

Wish my boobs were made of muscle! They're already heading south! But they've done their job :0) One healthy grown up lad out in the world :0) Still my baby tho ;0) lol

Angie E

Hi Su2ie, I'm glad you provided us with an update...Well done for your weight lost so far!!

Maggy - Powerlifter in the past wow.... You must of been strong, good ground training for building those muscles up in the future. Same here also I wished I had muscle in my boobs, gone down a two sizes cup from a whooping from 40JJ to 36I. And my nipples are definitely facing south now - big time, no big stomach to hold them up. Bust reduction for the future..... XXX

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Hi Angie.. Thanks for asking about us.. I am doing good on week 6 now so from friday can eat normally..but healthy..lol Woo hoo..
I can only drink warm drinks otherwise it comes back up but apart from that ok.. Starting to notice myself getting smaller.. I was 19.1 at beginning lds diet now I am 16.5 so really happy...
Tomorrow starting the exercise regime spoke to hosp and they gave me thumbs up so happyyyyyyyy???
Glad to see everyone is doing ok... Xxx

Angie E

Fatfree81, well done so far for your weight lost... over 2 1/2 stones, great progress... And thanks for the update..XX

alfiemoomin

Hi all progress so far, sleeved Oct 7th, and now lost 29lbs yes thats 2 stone and a 1 lb in just short of 2 calendar months, i am aiming for another half stone for xmas. wishing all my october buddies successful and safe loss, big hugs all xxx

jan52

Hi all progress so far, sleeved Oct 7th, and now lost 29lbs yes thats 2 stone and a 1 lb in just short of 2 calendar months, i am aiming for another half stone for xmas. wishing all my october buddies successful and safe loss, big hugs all xxx

That's brilliant Alfie!... Big Congrats!... I'm aiming for another half stone before Xmas to.. We can do it! :)

alfiemoomin

deffo i too am aiming for that half a stone so down to 12 for xmas, and i want the final 2 stone off for end of feb!!! xxx

wool wool the October crew x

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Hi all.. Hope everyone is doing well..
Just a quick question.. On the weeks people started back on normal food did your weight loss slow.. Was losing 4 - 5 lb a week now I am only losing one the only thing that's changed is that I got to week six and started eating solid food.. Is this norm ???

Angie E

Hi there fatfree81,
I did slow down on in fat I stalled for a week, then started to lose again 1-2lbs. I think its normal, your body adjusting to calorie intake.

Marcos

Same with me,weight loss is slowing down now,losing avg 3lb a week.overall loss is 50lb since 15/10/14.getting there slowly but surely.

Angie E

Glad your both doing Ok Marcos and Fatfree81...

I can now eat and drink much more...XX Take care for now.

Kat79

Glad everyone's doing well! Xxx

Angie E

Hi All,
Weighed myself this morning, I have lost another 3Lbs this week. I'm nearly close to achieving my Xmas target of 3Lbs by the 26th Dec.. I have now got another 59Lbs to loose before achieving my overall target of 168Lbs, already half way there, he, he.
Feeling great at moment, my energy levels were quite low in the past 2 week, so I decided to up my protein intake with additional Whey Protein Shakes, up my water in take and reduce the days I work out which helped.....

I hope you all are doing well. I found out a great website called Bariatric Pal, an American a weight loss support forum which is brilliant, it cover a wide range of topics, try and google it.

Take care for now.

Ax