• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

This threat filled me with warm fuzzies! Keep up the good work! Xxx

I'm doing well, had a normal weekend! Went out for walks, done shopping etc :) incisions don't hurt anymore but the glue seems to like my skin, it won't get off - not that I'm trying to pick it!

Starting mushies today! So excited :)

Hope everyone is well and have a good week xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh and I still don't have a date for a fill yet. Gemby you have your date already and you had your op a week after me with the same provider - should I ring them again?? X

Did you get given a port needle to take home? I did but didn't see it till I got home so no idea why, only thing I can think of is if you need to have emergency de fill at A&E! Lol , also I got a sticker thing with band serial number on and it says small band, how big is a small? Any ideas?? ;)

Mine is standard which is 10ml, I thought that was the smallest band there is???

I got no needle, only the fragmin injections to take for 7 days (last day today - thank god)! I wonder if you already have something in then?

Supposed to be given a card of some sort at my first fill that I can carry and show if out and need assistance or in restaurant, is this what you have? X

I didn't get anything in with the op no, so no idea!

I only had one clexane injection in the evening of the op and that was it, just googled lap band ap and 2 sizes small is 10ml and large 14 ml , nice to know something about me is small!! Lol ;)

And I do have a card to say what I've had done, got my name and surgeon name on it, just thin card though so will get it laminated!!

Hahaha I felt the same - one thing I have is small and that's my band lol xxx

I think the card comes with the band, the brand is Lap band I think and it's an a4 sheet with the same card on different languages you can use while on holiday in a foreign country.

Oh and I still don't have a date for a fill yet. Gemby you have your date already and you had your op a week after me with the same provider - should I ring them again?? X

I would ring them. I got my appointment by email 2-3 weeks before my surgery!! I think it must depend on the efficiency of your specific local clinic as they do the adjustments... x

I was supposed to get mine sorted while in hosp having my op, but the dietician said do it myself. I know the staff at my clinic as phoned and chatted with them loads, they probably dread it when I tell them my name lol! I sorted the date to suit me, so give them a ring and you can fit it around your day then xxx

Thanks ladies. See mine is a bit complicated as I did not go to my local clinic for my consultation. I only wanted dr super so they looked at his schedule and advised me to go and see him in cambridge clinic as he would be there for one day. It worked for me because Cambridge is indeed closer than birmingham but for fills etc I'll go to the London clinic. I'll ring them again this evening to sort something out xxx

Just rang and spoke to the bariatric nurse who said no way should I have been sent home with a needle! They only do that when you live miles and miles from any major hospitals! Got to give it back!

She told me that there is a support group starting near me tomorrow evening so really glad I phoned :)

pongis said:
She told me that there is a support group starting near me tomorrow evening so really glad I phoned :)

Oh fab, worth phoning them wasnt it? I'm going to go to the one they run here in Liverpool, think its third Thursday in month, but looking forward to meeting others who have been through similar experiences.
Thought it was bizarre you had a needle, one less thing to worry over hon :) x

I rang THG earlier and first fill booked for 24th of Nov yay yay yay :) xxx

Tobi said:
I rang THG earlier and first fill booked for 24th of Nov yay yay yay :) xxx

That's great! They said they'd phone me with an appointment in next few days, first appointment will be to see the surgeon and get a fill :)

Back