• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

pixie_lilly said:
Good luck!

Happy times! 1 pound loss to go and I'll be in the 15's! I was 17.13 when I started. 16.13 2 days before op and now weigh 16.0.25

Really happy with my loss but niggling worried the surgeon will have expected more. I go for my 1st fill on 9th Nov. nothing in my band atm.

Wow well done pixie that's a fab loss! Bet your clothes are looser!!! How u feeling today? I'm great, just been for a walk to shops, eating sloppy food ok (very small quantities) and feeling hunger but not excessive! I have nothing in my band either, but coping so far.
I'm 16st too, hoping to get into the 15's before I go back to work a week Monday, no one knows but don't reckon they will notice anything yet.
Can't wait for my clips to be taken out as they hurt quite a bit.
Wish I'd done this years ago!!! Xxx

SAS1 said:
Wish I'd done this years ago!!! Xxx

Me too!!!

Well done pixie - amazing loss :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck!

Happy times! 1 pound loss to go and I'll be in the 15's! I was 17.13 when I started. 16.13 2 days before op and now weigh 16.0.25

Really happy with my loss but niggling worried the surgeon will have expected more. I go for my 1st fill on 9th Nov. nothing in my band atm.

Pixie you are doing brilliant I really wouldn't worry x

I wish I had done this sooner too! Still this is the right time in my marriage/job etc. Thankyou for the encouragement! Dreamt that I went for my fill and they were really disappointed.
I tried on a dress that I bought as a goal dress last year when I lost a bit of weight but never got into it. I tried it on a few days ago to see how much I had left to go and it fitted perfectly! I can really see a big difference already. Weight loss has slowed down but not as much as I thought it would.
I went out to a gig last night and when I got back my port site felt like I had really bad stabbing pains! Slept on my back and it started to ease off early morn. I got worried when i woke up at 5am and it was still there. All better now tho.
Already feeling a little less hungry and good is keeping me satisfied for longer :)

pixie_lilly said:
I wish I had done this sooner too! Still this is the right time in my marriage/job etc. Thankyou for the encouragement! Dreamt that I went for my fill and they were really disappointed.
I tried on a dress that I bought as a goal dress last year when I lost a bit of weight but never got into it. I tried it on a few days ago to see how much I had left to go and it fitted perfectly! I can really see a big difference already. Weight loss has slowed down but not as much as I thought it would.
I went out to a gig last night and when I got back my port site felt like I had really bad stabbing pains! Slept on my back and it started to ease off early morn. I got worried when i woke up at 5am and it was still there. All better now tho.
Already feeling a little less hungry and good is keeping me satisfied for longer :)

That's great news pixie, definitely made the right choice! I can't believe how good I feel already and only 4 days post op! No interest in food at all, my family even sat and ate magnum double choc ice creams in front of me last night and I just thought "not bothered" it's great!!!
So happy you can fit in the dress, you'll have to get some use out of it now before gets too big :) xxx

Thanks! I will :) the only time I've ever been annoyed watching my husband eat was when we went to the cinema and he hadn't eaten so he eat a big pizza whilst we waited. The smell!! Omg.. I was still on liquid at the time and it was the day I'd had enough of liquid. Other than that I've been like you which has been really surprising. I've cooked my husbands dinners every night inc. slow roast Chinese pork & special fried rice which I dribbled at but didn't have a prob. I was a tad cross yesterday tho after he reheated some piri piri chicken & Mexican rice I'd made for him the day before, sat down & started eating it. Only annoyed cause I'd been waiting for him so we could eat together. He just didn't think.
I'm so glad you're happy with your decision :)

Ladies, I had to delete phone numbers of the thread for your personal security. Please restrict use of personal information to private messaging ... And if struggling just ask for some technical support :)

So how are all the October Bandsters doing??

I'm almost back to normal, just a bit of discomfort around my middle still. My appetite is back, which is a mixed blessing I guess. Had a call from the clinic and they told me I can delay starting soft food if I feel I need to, but don't think I will! It will have been 4 weeks on liquids by 5th November when I move onto soft foods.

What do people have at work for lunch during this stage?

Hope everyone is well! Any news from Lucretia?

I'm planning on taking Dutch crisp breads and low fat pâté.I figured it'll look like I'm eating normal food! I'm still going to drink my protein shake over the morning med round nice and slowly. I've never been able to have breakfast before then anyway and it means the staff think that that's why I'm losing weight :) my surgeon recommended them as they just melt into nothing in your mouth.

I'm already on mushy food, my provider doesn't want liquids at all, says it washes straight through the band and you feel hungrier earlier. Already had (yesterday) ready brek, mashed banana and yogurt, and shepherds pie.
Doing great and feeling great!!!
I was going to take tins of soup to work, or make chunky soups, and thin crisp breads for lunch, breakfast just mullerlight yogurt and fruit.
I've got a few bottled protein shakes in, going to store them in my desk for emergencies ie have to go to meeting.
Glad to hear your doing well Pixie and Gemby!
:grouphug:
My first fill isn't until 11th dec, can you let me know how you both get on and what to do before and after. Hope to be another 10lb lighter before then :) xxx

It's interesting how different providers vary on the liquid, purée, mush stages. My provider says 1 wk liquid, 1 wk puréed then 2 weeks soft food before going onto normal food. On the soft food stage at the moment, nearly 3 wks since op and hoping I get my first fill appointment through this week! Sounds like you're doing really well! :)

That's a good point re the liquids washing straight through! I definately felt hungry quite quickly! Lol! That's what I'm really struggling with at the moment, pure willpower and if I had that I wouldn't have needed this op in the first place! I had my surgery with the bariatric group, they rang me 2 days after surgery and said they'd be in contact in a few weeks with fill date, I'm just getting impatient, I'd have a fill tomorrow if I could !!

THG say liquids for 2 weeks i.e. anything you could drink through a straw (but don't use a straw), then 2 weeks on soft foods i.e. anything you can squish with the back of a fork. Then onto normal food. They say this is to give everything time to heal and for swelling to go down etc.

My fill is on Nov 19th so would be moving onto normal food that day but will be delayed a week. It's at 12:30ish so I think I'm supposed to not eat for 4 hours beforehand, or drink for an hour beforehand. Then liquid for 3 days and soft food for 3 days...

Back