• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

Well done Pixie, that's the spirit :) It does come with a bit of pain and discomfort but all will be worth it in the end!

Sharon - yes I put a little rice (a handful) but blended it really well. Tried lentil soup yesterday but I think it was a little difficult to digest so it went in the freezer for next week or the following. Do try the yogurt soup though! xxx

Good luck tomorrow x x

Hello all I'm going to have my band on 31st at Dolan park Hosptial ,is anyone having there's done same time ?? & i think I'm reading to much on here and now I feel my nerves are getting the better of me ;( x

pixie_lilly said:
Sounds yummy. It really was. I've lost 1 stone 9 lbs since my pre op and I'm so happy for it. I can't believe there's a possibility I could be wearing size 18 jeans in the future, let alone anything smaller. I start my mushy food on the 23rd, I can't wait!! I have no fill in my band so now all the swelling has gone down I'm getting hungry. Protein shakes are helping to keep it at bay though.
I'm sure there will be milestones and plateaus ahead but I will deal with them. I'm glad I have my holiday booked in may to keep me going and working hard to get to my goal.
I've set a goal of 12 stone 4 lbs and will then set a new goal.
The first 3 days post op were horrendous for me! Literally felt like someone had parked a car on my chest! Still worth it and by day 5/6 I felt back to normal just tired and felt tight around my port if I did too much. I still get wind pain every now and again but the windese tabs really do help.
All my scars are all healing really well so far.
The hospital was great and so was the surgeon. I'm going for my first fill on 9th Nov.

That's fantastic pixie well done, hoping I recover as quickly as you and lose some pounds like you too! Good for you girl!!! Xxx

Tobi said:
Well done Pixie, that's the spirit :) It does come with a bit of pain and discomfort but all will be worth it in the end!

Sharon - yes I put a little rice (a handful) but blended it really well. Tried lentil soup yesterday but I think it was a little difficult to digest so it went in the freezer for next week or the following. Do try the yogurt soup though! xxx

It's gorgeous, I can't make it too well though, I get the knorr packets as we have a Turkish supermarket here, reminds me me of my second home!! :) x

Hello everyone!
I am so horrible at surfing this site that I just found this thread now! I too am an October bander - was banded on the 4th, and just got onto pureed stage now!

Just wanted to wish Gembi and SAS1 the best of luck on your surgeries tomorrow... I hope you both take it easy for the first few days, recover well and get loads of rest.

All the best!

S xx

SAS1 said:
Ooh I love yogurtli corbasi mmmm did you put rice in it? I've told my sister-in-law to make me mercemek corbasi lentil soup. The best in the world!!! Can't have the Turkish bread though, god I'm going to miss that!!! :) xxx

Eeerrrmmm I'm a little jealous here I have no idea wtf your talking about! X

maxine kim said:
Hello all I'm going to have my band on 31st at Dolan park Hosptial ,is anyone having there's done same time ?? & i think I'm reading to much on here and now I feel my nerves are getting the better of me ;( x

Hunni don't let others put you off I hated the first 3 days but honestly felt better since day one! No matter how bad you feel, you will never feel that bad again!! Xxx

SAS1 said:
It's gorgeous, I can't make it too well though, I get the knorr packets as we have a Turkish supermarket here, reminds me me of my second home!! :) x

I need to be at your Turkish home?!! I went to turkey for the first time in may had a few arguments with some people but really need to go back!! With my little family ( me hubs an baby ) but this text is about you chick remember I said enjoy! The sleep night god bless xxxx

kellsbells said:
I need to be at your Turkish home?!! I went to turkey for the first time in may had a few arguments with some people but really need to go back!! With my little family ( me hubs an baby ) but this text is about you chick remember I said enjoy! The sleep night god bless xxxx

Thanks chick, once I get my house ( half money used on this op - but still hoping to get before next summer) you are very welcome!!! I love Turkey but I'm biased...married a Turk over 17 years ago :)
Have a great 1st day back in work hon. Xxx

These are my wounds 13 days post op. just had them all checked by the nurse and she's happy :) I've posted a close up of the worst two. Please excuse the road map of stretch marks!! Thought I'd post so ppl can have an idea of what theirs maybe like along with other people's that have been put up.

Attachments

• image-2053546792.jpg
    image-2053546792.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image-3483776124.jpg
    image-3483776124.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image-394176036.jpg
    image-394176036.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 30
Ps. The photos actually make them look a bit worse than they are. The top one is only a bit red around the scar.

Thinking of you both in surgery today! Take it easy xx

SAS1 said:
Officially a bander!!! Just got up to room and not feeling too good, pain quite bad - but so happy to join the exclusive losers club :)

Congratulations and just remember to take it easy and each day the pain gets a little less - take the drugs lol x

Congratulations!!! The pain will get much better shortly, hang on there :) well done!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back