• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

Thanks for your get well wishes guys, makes me feel better already :) Pain little more bearable now, in right shoulder just deep strong ache. Tummy feels quite strange like there is a weight dragging it downwards, is that normal? You'll be getting the A to Z of questions now lol! Got very bizarre inflatable pump socks on my calves, they blow up and down every few seconds, so bed ridden at moment. Supposed to be seeing the doc tomorrow morning, who is sending me home with a month of fast tabs, soluble paracetamol and 6 days injections.
Won't give me anything other than water today as very nauseous, but not hungry anyway. My little band buddy is working already :) xxx

Sharon I slept with those on my legs on the first night in the hospital as well. I thought it would be very uncomfy but it was fine. Although I had to call a nurse in the morning to get up :)

I bought soluble paracetamol from Boots and found it absolutely vile. Been taking kids' liquid paracetamol instead. A bottle is 5 doses, lol.

Nausea is because of general anesthetic I think and it should wear off. Make sure you take deep breaths. Keep the window open for a bit if it's not too cold, fresh air helps.

So glad your pain is better now. Very excited for you! Been thinking about you and Gemby all day :) Hope she's doing well, can't wait to hear from her.

Try to get some sleep while in the hospital. Semi sitting position really helps. It was difficult to get comfy at home so sleep as much as you can while you can! xxx

Thank you hon, I have raised the head of the bed and it does feel so much better. Got no real surgical pain now, just acid tummy and wind, but I am hungry now and they won't give me anything but water! Keep forgetting and gulping it which just adds more wind (bafoon aren't I)?
I am very surprised I can burp very well, feels quite normal which is a relief, so once im up and about tomorrow hopefully it will shift for good.
Can't wait to get out if this horrid gown and into comfy pj's, still got a drip and the inflatable legs make it impossible.
I'll keep you all posted, don't think get much sleep as its like Blackpool illuminations in my room, the safety light is so bright!
Thanks again for all my well wishes xxx

Burping is good, I still can't burp it really hurts! And it's a good sign feeling hungry but better be safe I suppose, you really don't want to throw up with a brand new band :) sleep well and tell us how you got on tomorrow. I'm going back to work tomorrow, eeek! I think I'll manage but not sure how to hide the giant bruises on my hands lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Tobi,
Hope it goes ok in work tomorrow, have to say you are a really bad DIY'er! :)
Feeling very hungry this morning, stomach growling really loud. Had a few hours sleep as they had to take off the inflatable legs, the right one kept making the alarm sound.
Really quite frightened about eating, they said trying me with very sloppy porridge. What if I can't manage it or worse still eat too much?
Can't wait to get out of bed and wash, but feeling very sore, had no pain killers since the op, feel like I've been battered in the night! :)
Lets know how work goes, hope all ok for you! Take care not to do too much xxx

Thanks darlin'! Will leave in an hour or so, just trying to decide if I should walk (35min each way) or drive as it's quite miserable.

I could kill for a sloppy porridge right now, haha. With my provider, it's liquids for the first 2 weeks but they gave me quite a thick smoothie and a muller light vanilla yogurt for breakfast, none of which I could manage. But I could have the chicken soup and it was heaven :)

If you can't manage the porridge, ask for soup or a milky coffee or something that should fill you up. Your insides are quite swollen at this stage and you cannot overeat even if you wanted to! Good luck and tell us ho it goes! xxx

I'm home! And settled down on the sofa. I had my surgery at 12:30 yesterday. Surgeon said beforehand that I could go home at tea-time if I felt well enough but the anaesthetic knocked me for six and I didn't really wake up properly until 9ish. Slept pretty well and had a chicken soup last night (yum!). Couldn't stomach much of my yogurt or smoothie this morning as in quite a bit of pain and discomfort. Have some mint tea to plough through!

Overall it's gone well though and I'm pleased. My cats are very interested and keep leaping on me so I'm on high alert for defensive manoeuvres!

Sharon- How are you feeling?? Those inflatable leg thingies sound like a pain, I've only had compression socks. I don't have to do injections either.

We're on the loser's bench! Woohooooooo! :D

Yay! I was waiting impatiently to hear from you :) well done Gemby!!!

I too was alarmed with the cats, the little one is mummy's boy so he insisted sitting on my lap and made me scream in pain a couple of times, lol! Keep a small cushion on you while sat down, that helps :)

Mr Super the Superman told me not to rush to mushies and said keep on liquids as thin or thick as you can tolerate for as long as you feel comfortable so I thought the smoothie and yogurt breakfast at Dolan Park is a bit too thick for first days.

Now take it easy and it will get better :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I managed porridge ok, very liquidy more like ready brek. Seen the dietician who said I can eat proper meals but has to be the size of a side plate and no more ,and also liquidised to baby food consistency. Eg. 2 tbsp of liquidised meat or fish with gravy and 1 tbsp of mash and 1 of veg. Sounds ok, just don't like the idea of liquidised meat. :)

How was work, did you walk or drive in the end? Hope it all went well and you aren't too tired now. how Did you explain the bruises on the hands? :)

I'm home now, pain is bearable only really at the band site, just took some paracetamol and codiene. I found the injection stung like hell, not looking forward to them everyday!!!

Got my first band fill on 11th December, in late afternoon, not sure how ill manage all day in work with no food? Suppose can drink water up to a certain time.??? Also got to sort out an appointment with my GP to remove my staples in 10 days, as Chester is a bit far to travel just for that.

I forgot to ask my surgeon what size band he put in, so looked at the notes and it just said "standard" any ideas?

think i'll go for a walk tomorrow see how it goes, he said I could do exercise like the treadmill or bike but nothing that involves using the top half of the body for 4 weeks.. Can't wait to get back to zumba then!!! :) xxx

Gemby28 said:
I'm home! And settled down on the sofa. I had my surgery at 12:30 yesterday. Surgeon said beforehand that I could go home at tea-time if I felt well enough but the anaesthetic knocked me for six and I didn't really wake up properly until 9ish. Slept pretty well and had a chicken soup last night (yum!). Couldn't stomach much of my yogurt or smoothie this morning as in quite a bit of pain and discomfort. Have some mint tea to plough through!

Overall it's gone well though and I'm pleased. My cats are very interested and keep leaping on me so I'm on high alert for defensive manoeuvres!

Sharon- How are you feeling?? Those inflatable leg thingies sound like a pain, I've only had compression socks. I don't have to do injections either.

We're on the loser's bench! Woohooooooo! :D

Yay!!! Many congratulations honey, so happy to hear you are ok :)
Did you have any pain today? I'm pretty much ok, just bit of wind.
Im home now too, went down at 4pm in end but was back up and sleepily watched emmerdale lol, welcome to the losers bench, so excited for you xxx

Well mine was described as large and is 14ml, don't know if that helps... I have 1.5ml in it and have a fill on 19th November which seems quick! Is standard 10/11ml??

I'm on liquid for a couple of weeks, so not blended food. Think I will enjoy soups though. The yogurt and smoothie this morning were definitely too much- I'm VERY bloated and sore! Nothing wants to go in there...

Yes think you are right, mine is 10/11 ml, I have nothing in there at moment, but not really hungry anyway... Suppose that will change pretty quickly :)
Your fill sounds so quick, I would love that. Mine is 2 days before my works Xmas meal out, god I hope I can eat again by then as nobody knows about this x

Last edited:
Hi SAS

When I had my 1st fill i did 48 hours liquid and 48 hours mush.

Your provider may be different x

Ugh! This wind is getting me down... I'm hardly managing to eat anything so just trying to focus on staying hydrated. Warm liquids are going down easier than cold ones but still uncomfortable whenever I try to get anything down. Wind pain is hurting in my chest- is that normal? Only managing half a cup of anything, max. That'll get better as time passes though eh?

Gemby28 said:
Ugh! This wind is getting me down... I'm hardly managing to eat anything so just trying to focus on staying hydrated. Warm liquids are going down easier than cold ones but still uncomfortable whenever I try to get anything down. Wind pain is hurting in my chest- is that normal? Only managing half a cup of anything, max. That'll get better as time passes though eh?

It will get easier hun promise keep having little walks around xxx

Back