• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off to see surgeon today

Maphillips

I well my appointment day has arrived going to see mr ackroyd at northern general in Sheffield this afternoon for my referral from my local pct I have done there weight management for six months now and got funding in place so hope he gives the green light for my op will keep you posted to what he says
Mark

God luck. Don't forget to ask all those questions one needs to know the answers for.

Well just got back its all a go he said will put me on the list all the boxes ticked so said anything upto three months
I asked him which is best for me bypass or sleeve his answer go for the bypass but if to much scaring after the band he will transfer to a sleeve either I will be happy with
Just cannot wait now

Excellent news Hun xx

Great news it will soon fly over x

Brilliant news x

Fantastic news Mark, at least you know it's definitely happening now. I'm sure the op will be here before you know it :) x

That is fantastic news think you have jumped through enough hoops now don't you?? Realy pleased for ya xx

Brilliant news Mark, I was told 12 weeks and I think I was actually about 8 so hopefully you won't be too long either.
You already know how brilliant Mr Ackroyd is so you know you'll be in safe hands.
Will you be at NGH or Thornbury?
Em xxxx

Hi yes so pleased he did say 3 months but hopes to do it before he did 3 on Monday at thornbury 3 Tuesday at Claremont and 3 at thornbury on wedensday he has four at northern today and 2 Saturday morning so very busy but said trying to get his waiting time down from three to two which is better for him
He said putting me forward for bypass but will decide when in as to how bad my tummy is scared after my band erosion he said both ok and have good results he knows what job I do as see him most weeks with his patients I also asked about you he said all went brilliant and you were discharged I was really pleased then chatted to narrisa his dietician for a while she is having a group meeting on wedensday 5 sept at the Hilton in Sheffield there is a bariatric cookery writer going so if I can will go I told her about the web site says its a fantastic one the best uk one she has seen so that's good
We'll so pleased your fine and no pain
Kind regards
Mark

Good luck!! Hope it all goes well for you!!!

I feel it might be done bit sooner 8-10weeks cause he is trying to get his lists down

That puts you at about late October-ish...so plenty of time to get a good bit off before Christmas :)

I'm interested in the support group with the bariatric cookery writer, might see if I can get to it.
Em xxxx

Back