• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off to see the surgeon

loz1310

hi everyone,
I’ve not posted on here for sometime although I do read the lovely stories on how everyone is doing.
So my journey...I’d completed all of the phases and was waiting to see mr Jan but was informed he left and I needed to wait for a new surgeon to arrive. I’ve finally got an appointment with Mr Jamblingam this Friday. My only concern is the weight I lost last time has crept back on. Unfortunately my husband became ill and my sister in law cooked for us while Ive been looking after my husband. So my first priority has been him. He is thankfully getting better but I’m now worried as it’s so close. Do you know if I will have to start again or will I still be ok for the bypass? I’m stressing myself out with the worry of not being accepted this time sorry for rambling any advise will be greatly received x

Bling Babe

I’m sure if you have still lost your 5% you will be ok, I too gain some weight before my surgery but kept my 5% off, looking at your stats I think you’ll be fine, good luck and glad hubby is on the mend xx

Emma1504

The only one who can really answer you is the surgeon. They have the final say with it all.
But you still have time before your surgery to lose that weight again & I think they will see that.
Hope your husband is doing better now. Fingers crossed for Friday x

OkieGirl

The last time I went in, the nurse told me that they see people regain what they lost in tier 3 all the time and that won't necessarily mean you get kicked out of the programme. She did really try to encourage me to try my hardest not to regain though. I think they understand that if we found it easy enough to take the weight off and keep it off on our own, we wouldn't be needing the surgery in the first place. Now that things have settled down for you a bit, all you can do is get back on it and do what you can in the meantime. I hope everything goes well at your appointment.

Maria61

hi everyone,
I’ve not posted on here for sometime although I do read the lovely stories on how everyone is doing.
So my journey...I’d completed all of the phases and was waiting to see mr Jan but was informed he left and I needed to wait for a new surgeon to arrive. I’ve finally got an appointment with Mr Jamblingam this Friday. My only concern is the weight I lost last time has crept back on. Unfortunately my husband became ill and my sister in law cooked for us while Ive been looking after my husband. So my first priority has been him. He is thankfully getting better but I’m now worried as it’s so close. Do you know if I will have to start again or will I still be ok for the bypass? I’m stressing myself out with the worry of not being accepted this time sorry for rambling any advise will be greatly received x
Good luck to you. I put on weight before surgery and they were fine. As long as you have lost your 5% you should be fine xxx