• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im now being told Im to thin :(

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
Went to the Manor today for my 12 month check up, a month early but went in see Mr Heartland and Anna, Mr Hearland wasnt happy with my weight loss, He said I have lost to much weight to quick and that my BMI is to low, and the fact im having a tummy tuck on the 30th March my weight will drop more. Anna wanted to discharge me but Mr Heartland refused saying he wanted to see me in 6 months incase and as I left he said "and dont come back here with any weight loss" :(

I never though I would hear anyone say I was to thin lol

Whats confuses me is to get plastics you have to get to a BMI of 25 or below but Mr Heartland said my BMi (23.6) is to low and it should be 24 or above :/

Wow fantastic for being too thin lol but on a more serious note its good the doc didnt discharge you because if you get any thinner you could meet more problems, so t least you are still under the radar to pick this up before it causes any damage.

Did you manage to get the tummy tuck on the NHS?

Debbie

Last edited:
Yes Debbie my TT is NHS funded, ive also got funding in place for a breast lift, I so luv BEN pct :) im one of the very very lucky ones

You sure are! I have heard its a bit of a lottery when it comes to skin removal. I havent had my bypass yet but I know my arms are going to be bad they are already sagging :cry:

Well how strange that must feel! it is good that the doc is taking your after-care seriously though. Are you managing to maintain now or are you still losing?
Grace xxx

I'm still loosing but really slowly, I'm hoping that /i don't loose anymore and that once Ive had my TT I can get back in the gym and start to tone up my wobbly bits and hopefully put a bit on :mad: but the thought of gaining even 1lb terrifies me

It must be scary to think after all this hard work they now expect you to put on weight!!

You have done so well and you are going to look even more fantastic after your tummy and boob work!

If you are concerned that you are going to lose too much and your team are too have they given you adequate dietary advice to help you stabalise?

Hopefully your weight will stabalise naturally x x

Hi chick, you look great by the way!!!

How come you have lost it so quickly? (In docs opinion)

Have you been ultra strict with carbs etc?

I think I'd be terrified of gaining weight too. But I guess you have to stabilise at some point. I guess you're gonna be able to 'weigh it all up' (Please pardon the pun) :D........once you've had your TT and boob lift done and you can see exactly where you're at?

I must admit my initial reaction was oh I want to be told I'm too thin! But thats just not sensible, it has got to be about being healthy too. When you do start exercising it will be even more important that you can maintain. Can you talk to them about your diet?

I have always been able to eat anything and everything from junk food and cakes to salad and have never denied myself anything, I am hoping that as my weightloss has really slowed down it will start to stablelise and it will be about maintaining.

The team don't no why I have lost it so quick as I'm healthy, I look fine and nothing can be found in blood tests ect but I have always looked thinner if I can use that word than I was even at my biggest I didn't look 19 stone, even now at 11 stone I am only just under what the nhs class has healthy but I'm a size 8/10

I will see where I am after the plastics and see what the team say when I go back to them

Hmmm, I wonder if I'm heading that way too ? I've been told I've lost my weight rather quickly, I've got just 12lbs to go but am already quite bony and am still losing 1-2 lbs a week. My next checkup isn't till July, so if the weight loss doesn't drop off I'll definitely be under weight by then. What a crazy thought !!! :eek:

I know how you feel I had the same kind of reaction from Jenny and Kath at the Spire who both told me I needed to regain some weight. :confused:

I've been trying to gain 12 pounds for nearly a year now and just when I think I've got a handle on it like last week I lose seven pounds. What I don't understand is that I missed three gym session as I was working away that week too :confused:

Good luck with the TT honey and I reckon you look fantastic xxx

Rose it certainly shocked me as I never thought I would hear anyone say I was to thin, but lately work collegues, family and customers were all saying it but I never thought my own bariatric team would. If you are getting worried about your weight speak to your team and I no what u mean about being boney :(

Karlos thank you hunny :)

Most people are saying I shouldn't lose any more weight and are shocked when I say I'm not there yet. I do have access to advice at the support group and our next meeting is tomorrow so I ought to ask.

I know how you feel I had the same kind of reaction from Jenny and Kath at the Spire who both told me I needed to regain some weight. :confused:

I've been trying to gain 12 pounds for nearly a year now and just when I think I've got a handle on it like last week I lose seven pounds. What I don't understand is that I missed three gym session as I was working away that week too :confused:

Good luck with the TT honey and I reckon you look fantastic xxx

Have you been stressed out any more than normal Karl? My daughter is trying to put some weight on and she has the same problem. She will eat really well and put a couple of pounds on but then she will have an essay to do for college or something and she is a stress head and she gets weighed and shes lost the few pounds again! Cant believe any daughter of mine has this problem lol.....Hope you manage to gain a little again :D XX

How bizarre is all this being told you are too thin, i don't ever expect that will happen to me. x

Back