• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh my gosh 2 days to go!

sunnyJ

So I've just realised how terribly scared I am of the actual surgery! I've spoken to the nurse, I'm aware it's ok, I don't have any health issues (feels like I do but apparently I don't - apart from being fat).
I'm just so scared ... I think the last time I was this scared was when I took my final clinical exam at uni ( I had to take a full patient consultation, clinical exam, and write prescription ). I could revise for that though!

Any tips on how to chill out before it??

Just wanted to wish you good luck x

Thank you :) I just needed to get that stress out and now to breathe X

So I've just realised how terribly scared I am of the actual surgery! I've spoken to the nurse, I'm aware it's ok, I don't have any health issues (feels like I do but apparently I don't - apart from being fat). I'm just so scared ... I think the last time I was this scared was when I took my final clinical exam at uni ( I had to take a full patient consultation, clinical exam, and write prescription ). I could revise for that though! Any tips on how to chill out before it??

Hi Sunnyj I'm the same getting really scared of surgery already I really don't know how I'm going to keep myself calm enough to go through with it and good luck with your upcoming op not much longer for you now xx

Thanks Sj ... Earlier I was cancelling etc etc but I so know it the right thing to do. I'm much calmer now though. It's so silly, but I'm pants at the dentist, blood tests etc... I just am. It will be ok. It will, we just have to keep ourselves calm... Easier said than done!

When's your op, and what're you having? X

Thanks Sj ... Earlier I was cancelling etc etc but I so know it the right thing to do. I'm much calmer now though. It's so silly, but I'm pants at the dentist, blood tests etc... I just am. It will be ok. It will, we just have to keep ourselves calm... Easier said than done! When's your op, and what're you having? X

I know I dont want to back out I really want this but it is frightening isn't it I've got my endoscopy in 10 days I will be put on the list there and then and will be no more than 4 weeks till surgery so no more than 6 weeks in total could be before and I'm bricking it already lol I'm having the bypass how about you xx

Good luck with everything. I can't offer any solutions, I walked down to theatre and thought 'well I've paid for it already, might as well do it'. But despite the bravado I was conscious that I had a husband and 2 children. You will be fine. They wouldn't operate if they weren't sure.

I think nerves can be a good thing after all your making a decision to leave your old ways behind and to start a whole new life
I never had a second of doubt about my decision in fact I nearly ran to the operation table couldnt wait to get started!
You will be ok do whatever relaxes you ( apart from a seaky glass of vino!) And all be will good

Thanks guys. I'm having the band sj. You'll be fine, we got to just think of the good reasons why, and try to stay calm X

Same with the worries about my family bear but I have to remember I'm also doing it for them so I can join in with stuff instead of sitting on the sidelines cos I'm too embarrassed or unhealthy etc etc

Thanks los :)

Back