• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ohtobeslinky's weight loss

Great loss well done!! Please stick to the softer food whilst your stomach heals, believe me long term you will be glad you did. Don't push anything down that doesn't feel right! I'm so pleased you are doing so well..x

Well I'm a happy Katy today! I've lost 4 stone! So that's 5lbs off this week - I'm now the lightest I've been for at least 8 years.

This week I've experienced a little bit of discomfort when I tried to eat a beef stew - I think beef may be a no go meat for me. Loving the chilli con carne and the spag-bol I had. Tiny bit of overcooked pasta though - that wasn't too easy to get down.

Clothes wise it's getting a bit ridiculous. I need a proper sort out of my wardrobe and drawers because everything I put on at the moment looks a bit tent-like. Time to get on eBay I think.

Hope you've all had a wonderful week - keep up the good work. xxx

Wonderful slinky! That's incredible loss :)

Got to agree with Kar; don't force it with the food textures. I'm a week further out than you and am only just starting to try more solid (though soft) food now. I know it's boring and frustrating these weeks of liquids, purees and then 'mush' but it's oh so necessary to make sure we heal properly inside.

Oh well done!!!! A great week for losing..keep focused on the protein and fluids!! Good luck this week x

Fab news. Go to charity shops, do a tour of them in your local areas it's good fun. I can wait to do that as at the moment I just go with a friend and buy bits for my children

Ooh I hadn't thought of charity shops - that would keep the spending down a bit. In my area we have some great ones - especially as the rather well off ladies tend to only wear things once!

It's a ritual for me and my friend every week mooch around and coffee. We have a breast cancer shop where I live done out like a boutique and it has some amazing designer names in coats are normally no more than £10.00, tops £2-£3, trousers £3.50, skirts £3.50 Ohhhh I can't blinking wait to get into smaller clothes and re branding myself. Happy bargain hunting my lovely X X X

I wish we had some good charity shops round here. Well...we do, but they're really expensive! I had a breeze round a couple the other week and they're charging around £10 for bog standard brand jeans.

What a great weight loss slinky. You must be feeling on top of the world...!

Congratulations.. :)

I raised £70 selling my big stuff on eBay and got some stuff for work, m & s top £1 plus post and a couple of coast tops one £6 and one £1-70
Real bargains
Happy shopping skinnier people's x

Ooh, love eBay and plus size stuff sells really well. There's a lot of us out there..x

Hmm. Only 1lb off this week. Not sure why. Could be down to the lack of BMs - lactulose at the ready!

Eating more solid meals this week - it's a bit hit and miss as to what works but usually it's because I'm trying to eat too fast! Bad habits linger.

Signed up to some counselling as the company I went with for the surgery doesn't offer this. Hopefully my food issues will be sorted once I've got to the root of the problem. Also it's good to have as I lose weight apparently. It's obvious but thin doesn't necessarily equal happy.

Hope you've all had a good week - keep going! xx

Hmm. Only 1lb off this week. Not sure why. Could be down to the lack of BMs - lactulose at the ready!

Eating more solid meals this week - it's a bit hit and miss as to what works but usually it's because I'm trying to eat too fast! Bad habits linger.

Signed up to some counselling as the company I went with for the surgery doesn't offer this. Hopefully my food issues will be sorted once I've got to the root of the problem. Also it's good to have as I lose weight apparently. It's obvious but thin doesn't necessarily equal happy.

Hope you've all had a good week - keep going! xx

You mean you're not happy, ohbe? The packages that promise the world seen to underdeliver, so at least you have the freedom to choose who you want. Counseling sounds like a dream. I thank I would love the experience. Please let me know how it goes.

Your doing well slinky I had my second appointment with Mr Li today all booked now for band to sleeve 21st January I saw the dietician who showed me portion size was to eat from a ramekin bowl do you really feel full on so little? Xx

Cheers marz - I'm happy. I think I need to be a bit more realistic - this sleeve is just a tool to lose weight - I still have to put the work in.

Monalisa - I never feel full, I feel sated. I know when I've had enough but I never feel full. It's a bit odd to be honest. I just seem to know when enough is enough. It's a new feeling! I am leaving food on the plate if I just don't want any more. I'm on 6 tablespoons of solid food per meal and that's just right.

You will be surprised once you're in the post-op diet stage after the liquids. When I was first shown how much I would be able to eat I didn't believe it. I couldn't imagine that I, who could eat a large pizza in one gulp practically, would ever get by on just a small dish of food. But it works. I promise you. And it's definitely the best thing I could have ever done.

Eurgh. Just -1lb this week again. I don't know why. I'm not eating more, I'm not eating anything bad, I'm just sticking to the plan. It's frustrating!!!

A loss is a loss and that's the way too see it..at first your body has a massive loss then you slow down then you pickup again. Keep drinking water, moving around and getting in the protein. A pound a week is four a month it all adds up!! Well done x

I completely understand your disappointment but I agree with Kar, a loss is a loss and you should be proud you are doing so well. There could be loads of reasons including lack of BM or a bit of water retention. My pattern has been very similar to yours, I had really big losses for the first few weeks but then for 3 weeks at around 7-10 weeks post surgery I just stalled for no reason. Since then the losses have come again and last week it was 4lbs off. Try not to dwell on it and just think of how far you've come already, the big losses will come again I'm sure.

Potter x

Cheers potter - it's good to hear I'm not the only one! I think I need to up my activity levels but I'm a bit lethargic at the moment and don't seem to have any energy. Could be a combination of many different things!

Congratulations on the loss, Slinky! You're doing great. I know 1lb might not seem like a lot but like the other said, its still going down. And like Kar said, thats 4lb a month which would mean just over 3 stone in a year. definitely adds up! :)

Back