• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ohtobeslinky's weight loss

Yeah slinky well done on your loss - you really are doing amazing. Best of luck on Friday with the interview I'm keeping everything crossed for you xxx

brilliant loss

and well done on the am dram, I used to do it and had the best laugh ever, met some lovely people as well. Good on you, way to go on the confidence.

Morning all! I'm under 18 stone! 2lbs off this week which takes me to nearly 5 and a half stone in total. Hurrah!

So I've been doing some maths. Here goes. I've lost 76lbs in 19 weeks which is an average of 4lbs a week. I know this isn't sustainable but I want to lose 10 stone in a year - therefore I need to lose an average of 3.3lbs a week for the rest of the year to hit target. Hmm. Seeing as I'm currently losing about 2lbs a week I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'll give it a go!

Had a fantastic job interview on Friday - they invited me back for a second interview on the spot so fingers crossed. Had to do a very odd personality test - I'm curious to see what the results are!

Was extra active this weekend - swam half a mile on Saturday and had a great walk at Dunham Massey to blow out the cobwebs on Sunday. It's getting so much easier to take exercise. :)

Hope you had a lovely week - looking forward to hearing about your losses. x

Congrats on that loss OTBS. I can see no reason for you not getting that 10 stone loss. That's if you stick to your teams advice of course ;) I lost most of my total 16st in the first year, 13st in fact.
Fingers toes and eyes crossed for that prospective new job x

Well done slinky you are doing absolutely brill keep going and I'm sure you'll get to your 10 stone even though it sounds such a huge amount you're already over halfway there hope I do half as well as you are I'll keep everything crossed for the job for you Xx

Awesome news Slinky you are doing amazing hun, keep looking forward. X x

Oh slinky that is absolutely brilliant. You're doing fantastically you must be so chuffed and mega proud of yourself. Big big thumbs up :) xxx

Hello all from gorgeous Cornwall. Weighed in on my mum's scales and they first said 20 stone 4 then 21 stone 5 then "err" so I think they might be faulty! So no weigh today! I'll record a maintain this week and hope for a good loss next Monday. Well as long as I don't indulge too much this week :D

Hope you're all having a wonderful week :) Xx

Have a lovely time I've just returned from visiting my parents in the south east and missed my Friday weigh in as well but weighed this morning and am on the move again yippee x

Hahaha Avoid other people's scales like the plague..except of course your teams ones. Have a great time away :)

A 2lb loss this week - not bad seeing as I'm having the TOTM from hell! Losing weight has it's advantages and disadvantages!!!

Had a wonderful time in Cornwall and Somerset seeing the family. Went on some lovely walks and discovered some lovely places. It did, however, show the growing gap between me and the OH. She is nearly 20 stone and I hadn't realised quite how badly this was affecting her. As I was merrily jumping on rocks, striding up hills, and generally feeling amazing, I was leaving her behind. I know I was much bigger than her, but shifting over 5 stone has given me a new lease on life - she hasn't changed.

I think it's time she concentrates on losing weight, I know she wants to. But she just isn't making any effort whatsoever. It's just "oh I will be better" or "it'll happen when it happens" - I'm just worried I'm going to get slimmer and healthier and we'll end up not being able to do things together. Hmmm, watch this space.

Apart from that I'm over the top angry at the mo. The company I work for - Slater and Gordon - has made me and four members of my team redundant. As well as closing two other offices and making numerous others redundant too. Do not, I repeat, do not use S&G as a law firm - they are in a really precarious situation at the moment.

Hope you've had a good week with good losses, speak soon, K xx

I'm really sorry about your job, I hope you find another one soon X it's great you have such vigour and enjoyed your trip. Would your oh consider WLS herself? X

Hey Niccie - I've talked to her about it, and she can see the difference it has made to me, but no, sadly she wouldn't consider it. But give it a year or so, or if the scales go over 20 stone then she may reconsider. I'm not going to force the issue but I think it's getting to be a bit of a problem.

Spending my day applying for jobs - there's one for Manchester United that is right up my street but could I really work for a football team?!

Well done on the weight loss brill especially as you've been away glad you had a good time sorry to hear about the job and the oh hopefully it will all sort itself out soon x

I think your oh is the same as we all were, no one that told me I needed to sort myself out made any difference to my actions. I did it when I thought I should and only when I decided myself. It's much easier to carry on eating and ignore the issue :) x

Well done on this weeks loss! Sounds like you had a good break away. What you describe with your OH is how I feel with mine, but the other way around. I feel like I am holding her back, she wants to go for walks in the countryside and go out more, but more and more lately I don't have the energy, cant be bothered, I worry about being out of breath and then now I have a knee issue that is making walking painful. It means she has to go out on her own, or we go for a walk but she walks/runs ahead and then comes back to meet me, otherwise she gets frustrated and doesn't feel it was worth going out. This is what I want to change!

I am really sorry to hear about your job, that must be a really stressful situation. I hope that you manage to find something soon - why wouldn't you be able to work for a football club?

Hey slinky. That's a great loss, and you've been away for a week as well. So sorry to hear about the redundancy - bloomin crap but I'm a believer in things happen for a reason and I'm sure a bigger better job is out there waiting for you. So Man Utd - isn't your OH a City supporter?! Oh dear!!
I think with your OH she has to find her own way and get to the point herself re her weight. It's really difficult as your weight loss journey is totally going down a different path and I totally get that you want her to join you on it to become fitter and healthily. Maybe over time when she sees all the positives from your losing weight she may think right lets do this for myself. As we all know no amount of someone else commenting about our weight gains would make us lose weight - you have to be ready in your own head to make it work. I would say it's early days and over time she might start making changes herself. Xxx

Hannah - I'm just being flippant about the football club - football isn't my thing - and as Sazzle said, my OH is a Man City supporter!

Back