• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ok now am starting to worry...........

pollybree

Got my date today, now i have a four month wait for it and plenty of time to worry, i was initially over the moon this morning. Now it has time to sink in this has been replaced with, am i doing the right thing?, will i miss food? and sheer terror of dying afterwards or some major complications occuring. Did you all feel the same? I am having the sleeve :(

Personally I would say not to worry - I know its easy to say but I had my sleeve 10 days ago and everything went really well. I just relaxed and embraced the entire experience. Once you have made your mind up that you are going for surgery you can relax because that's probably the hardest bit of it. In hospital you just have to put your faith in the team that are looking after you - they are all professionals and know what they are doing.

Can things go wrong - unfortunately yes, but, like everything in life there is a risk. There's a risk going out in the car, there's a risk walking to the shops. You just have to weigh them up - if we weren't prepared to accept some risk in our lives we would all sit in doors frightened to go out anywhere, even that has a risk. If surgery was so risky then they wouldn't do it. The benefits in my opinion (and if you asked - I'd say the majority on here would agree) far outweigh the risks.

Will you miss the food - well I don't know yet as I'm too early into this, but I do know that food controlled me before my surgery and that was one of the reasons I got here. Now I've had the surgery I'm determined to change that and I am going to be in control of the food I eat.

This will be the start of a fantastic new journey for you - so my advice would be relax and go for it and look forward to a new life.

AE.

Personally I would say not to worry - I know its easy to say but I had my sleeve 10 days ago and everything went really well. I just relaxed and embraced the entire experience. Once you have made your mind up that you are going for surgery you can relax because that's probably the hardest bit of it. In hospital you just have to put your faith in the team that are looking after you - they are all professionals and know what they are doing.

Can things go wrong - unfortunately yes, but, like everything in life there is a risk. There's a risk going out in the car, there's a risk walking to the shops. You just have to weigh them up - if we weren't prepared to accept some risk in our lives we would all sit in doors frightened to go out anywhere, even that has a risk. If surgery was so risky then they wouldn't do it. The benefits in my opinion (and if you asked - I'd say the majority on here would agree) far outweigh the risks.

Will you miss the food - well I don't know yet as I'm too early into this, but I do know that food controlled me before my surgery and that was one of the reasons I got here. Now I've had the surgery I'm determined to change that and I am going to be in control of the food I eat.

This will be the start of a fantastic new journey for you - so my advice would be relax and go for it and look forward to a new life.

AE.

Thanks for the advice, thats put things into perspective for me xx

Awww Polly im now five weeks post op and yesssssssss I did have a major panic attack about two weeks before opcouldnt talk to hubby because kids were around so ended up texting my surgical weight loss buddy none stop panic panic panic what if what will kids do so on n so forth..........well eventually I managed to get hubby on his own because I was so teary n snappy I just blurted it all out which was a relief he was fine he said how many ops have u had previous (too many) and I came through them fine its just the same but with benefits for me in the end. Honestly if u have someone you can share your fears with go ahead let it all out then relax and embrace this wonderful opportunity you are about to receive. :) xx

Last edited:
Awww Polly im now five weeks post op and yesssssssss I did have a major panic attack about two weeks before opcouldnt talk to hubby because kids were around so ended up texting my surgical weight loss buddy none stop panic panic panic what if what will kids do so on n so forth..........well eventually I managed to get hubby on his own because I was so teary n snappy I just blurted it all out which was a relief he was fine he said how many ops have u had previous (too many) and I came through them fine its just the same but with benefits for me in the end. Honestly if u have someone you can share your fears with go ahead let it all out then relax and embrace this wonderful opportunity you are about to receive. :) xx

Thanks so much for your reply, its good to know your not alone with your struggles, I have a wonderful supportive man who listens to me all the time about it, he works away from home and during the time he is away I am spending those days freaking out!! I love this forum, I have a feeling I will on here much more during the waiting preriod!! ;)

Back