• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

old habbits

serenitylove

god im finding today hard im nearly 3 wks post op now and have no restriction as not had my first fill yet got 4 wks till that but i was so hungry earlier i ate till i was full instead of having a smaller portion as i should be doing i scoffed it down like i used to why oh why are these habbits so hard to break?!

Hi hun sorry to hear your struggling, your habits were built up over many years and it will take some time (hopefully not years) to change the way we think and act with food. I do feel for you and I know that when people say to me surgery is the easy option it so is not because you still have a hard job to do just different. I am sure once you get your first fill you will be so much better just hang on in there and dont beat yourself up so much....(((hugs))) Linda x

thanks charlie its funny i can give others wise words on here it so much harder to stick to lol im happy iv not eaten fattening stuff that seems to have clicked in but portion control is alot harder roll on having restriction again

At least thats something if your picking healthy foods, a few weeks time and with your fill and you will get your head around it until then come moan to us....it helps me too as I will know what to expect if and when I get my op.....Linda x

hi serenity
i am 5wks post op thursday and i can eat eat eat..
i have been feeling very low about it but hey it awfull hard when you have no restriction..
i am with you on this one hun and if you ever want to chat let me know..
emma

Hi serenity, you've got to remember that it will take a long time to break life long eating habits. i even now forget and will scoff my food down and then bring it all back up! Don't know what the easy answer is really think we need to accept that the eating is a psychological issue to overcome as well as the eating itself. good luck hun and if you find an answer let me know xx

Back