• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oldie but newbie

BecksDaykin

Good morning everyone. Hope all is well. Im Becks..49 from staffs. 2011 I had a gastric band. All went OK for a few years, then started suffering severe reflux eveeytime my band was filled..had some out and gained weight. This went on for a number of years, so I expressed my concerns. After a barium xray, it was found I had hiatus hernia, and had to have numerous tests Inc a 24hr tube into my stomach to measure acid. It was then decided they would remove the band a do a bypass. Band was removed January 2020. My consultant doesn't do straight conversion, he does it in 2 separate ops. Had to wait 8wks between them. However, covid struck. I gained alot of weight during lockdown and even got diabetes. Fast forward 2 years I'm now back on the milk and yoghurt ready for a bypass next week 😁 just praying all my bloods come back OK! 🙏 I'm beyond ready for this. Excited, nervous, done the what ifs. Can't wait for my second chance!
Sorry for the long post 😄

Bling Babe

Don’t ever apologise for a long post, it’s been so quiet on her for a long while now it’s refreshing to read a new story.
I just wanted to wish you s much luck, I had a bypass in April 2018 and I’ve never looked back, it’s far from easy, it’s challenging and at time frustrating especially after the first year but I’ve never ever regretted it.
the biggest problem I have is that wls doesn’t cure the head as you already know, in my head I can still eat just as much as I could before surgery but obviously Percy (my pouch) won’t allow that which is exactly why I had him…..but I still, almost 4 years on get annoyed that I can’t.
we are a strange species
anyway good luck with everything, keep in touch and embrace that milk float xx

BecksDaykin

Don’t ever apologise for a long post, it’s been so quiet on her for a long while now it’s refreshing to read a new story.
I just wanted to wish you s much luck, I had a bypass in April 2018 and I’ve never looked back, it’s far from easy, it’s challenging and at time frustrating especially after the first year but I’ve never ever regretted it.
the biggest problem I have is that wls doesn’t cure the head as you already know, in my head I can still eat just as much as I could before surgery but obviously Percy (my pouch) won’t allow that which is exactly why I had him…..but I still, almost 4 years on get annoyed that I can’t.
we are a strange species
anyway good luck with everything, keep in touch and embrace that milk float xx
Thank you so much for the reply. I used to come on here when I first had my band, but with all the problems, I didn't want to put anyone off wls. I'm so lucky to be given a second chance, so I will be working closely with my new tool.

Cheshire Cat

Thank you so much for the reply. I used to come on here when I first had my band, but with all the problems, I didn't want to put anyone off wls. I'm so lucky to be given a second chance, so I will be working closely with my new tool.
Hi Becks ….. i have just had a sleeve done 4 days ago 😊😊😊.…. At Stafford!! Is that where you are off to?? They are a fantastic team and every single one of them was so nice! Surgeon was Mr Marimuthu … and again really nice and so easy to talk to! You will be in safe hands if they are your team! Good luck with the blood results …. Keep us updated xx

BecksDaykin

Hi Becks ….. i have just had a sleeve done 4 days ago 😊😊😊.…. At Stafford!! Is that where you are off to?? They are a fantastic team and every single one of them was so nice! Surgeon was Mr Marimuthu … and again really nice and so easy to talk to! You will be in safe hands if they are your team! Good luck with the blood results …. Keep us updated xx
Hi 👋
Well done on getting your sleeve and good luck with your loss x I'm off to Walsall Manor under Mr Khan. Not heard anything from bloods so hoping all was OK 🤞 started the lists of what's needed. Been told to pack for 4 days "just in case" as no visiting. I'm not jinxing anything by packing just yet, I'll do that while I'm isolating after Thursday. Got my clexane ready for night before..ouchie..that stings muchly x please do keep in touch x

Cheshire Cat

Hi 👋
Well done on getting your sleeve and good luck with your loss x I'm off to Walsall Manor under Mr Khan. Not heard anything from bloods so hoping all was OK 🤞 started the lists of what's needed. Been told to pack for 4 days "just in case" as no visiting. I'm not jinxing anything by packing just yet, I'll do that while I'm isolating after Thursday. Got my clexane ready for night before..ouchie..that stings muchly x please do keep in touch x

Hi Becks …. What date are you being done?? Excited for you x. You had anything about your bloods?? Let’s hope all is well and you get sorted next week x. I’m plodding along nicely! Drinking plenty of milk and water and I’m just about to tackle a banana milkshake…. Which I’m quite looking forward to! There is a brown banana sitting there calling to me so I’m going to give it a whirl! Not had any problems so far with sickness or anything, so hopefully this will go down a treat! Watch this space x

BecksDaykin

hiya x
I'm going in next Sunday 😁 just been shopping for all my toiletries. Sent hubby up the loft to get bigger bag 😆 u would think I'm going away for a weeks holiday 🙈
Sounds like you're doing really well. My son had a sleeve done in Turkey a few months back. He's already over 4st lighter. Good luck with your milkshake. I'll be digging out the soup maker and smoothie maker out of the gadget graveyard

becks x

Cheshire Cat

hiya x
I'm going in next Sunday 😁 just been shopping for all my toiletries. Sent hubby up the loft to get bigger bag 😆 u would think I'm going away for a weeks holiday 🙈
Sounds like you're doing really well. My son had a sleeve done in Turkey a few months back. He's already over 4st lighter. Good luck with your milkshake. I'll be digging out the soup maker and smoothie maker out of the gadget graveyard

becks x

Banana milkshake went down a treat! And hubster made veg soup so I’ve had that the last 3 days…. And tomorrow I’m going to give the good old Heinz Tomato Soup a whirl! Finding it all ok at the moment. I like soup! Monday I think it’s leek and potato! 🥔🥔🥔
I took far to much into hospital……. I think I only used my toothbrush and soap and that was it! I was only in for the night though, but if your packing for a week you will have to be prepared!
Well done to your son for such a great start … I love to hear positive stories like that ……. Hopefully I will do as well 😜

BecksDaykin

Banana milkshake went down a treat! And hubster made veg soup so I’ve had that the last 3 days…. And tomorrow I’m going to give the good old Heinz Tomato Soup a whirl! Finding it all ok at the moment. I like soup! Monday I think it’s leek and potato! 🥔🥔🥔
I took far to much into hospital……. I think I only used my toothbrush and soap and that was it! I was only in for the night though, but if your packing for a week you will have to be prepared!
Well done to your son for such a great start … I love to hear positive stories like that ……. Hopefully I will do as well 😜
Glad u enjoyed the milkshake..I’m a bit iffy on soup..I had so much when I had the band 🤢 I’ll get there. 1 week to go 😁 I just want to fast forward a week😅 on a good note, I’ve had to decrease my insulin this morning! 1 positive step forward and I’ve also lost 9lb so far on the milk and yoghurt.

Bling Babe

Glad u enjoyed the milkshake..I’m a bit iffy on soup..I had so much when I had the band 🤢 I’ll get there. 1 week to go 😁 I just want to fast forward a week😅 on a good note, I’ve had to decrease my insulin this morning! 1 positive step forward and I’ve also lost 9lb so far on the milk and yoghurt.
Two great steps forward for you, hopefully you’ll be busy enough to make the week fly by x

BecksDaykin

Two great steps forward for you, hopefully you’ll be busy enough to make the week fly by x
Thank you x I’m trying to limit my time out and about as have covid test Thursday..then isolation until Sunday. I’m sure I’ll find something to keep me busy 😊 thinking of keeping daughter off school to keep any germs 🦠 at bay. School will play their face. Risk I’m prepared to take 🙈

Cheshire Cat

You do what you feel is the right thing to do! Your nearly there now and I understand what you mean! I was feeling exactly the same about my daughter going college, but I let her go …… and thankfully it turned out all right for me 😊😊😊😊. I’m doing ok…. Only time I get any grief Is getting in and out of bed …. But I can live with it! Busy sipping all day and eating soup!! Tomorrow think I might get dressed and venture out to the shop with the hubster …. He’s not very good with a list and needs guidance!! This week will fly by girl xxxx

BecksDaykin

You do what you feel is the right thing to do! Your nearly there now and I understand what you mean! I was feeling exactly the same about my daughter going college, but I let her go …… and thankfully it turned out all right for me 😊😊😊😊. I’m doing ok…. Only time I get any grief Is getting in and out of bed …. But I can live with it! Busy sipping all day and eating soup!! Tomorrow think I might get dressed and venture out to the shop with the hubster …. He’s not very good with a list and needs guidance!! This week will fly by girl xxxx
Thank you x I’m testing every day atm..don’t want it to be snatched away at the last hurdle. You take it steady and listen to your body. My hubby the opposite, he’ll save money, then realise there’s naff all for tea 😂 stalled at 11lb on the milk diet. Guess that’s not too bad. 11lb closer to my goal 😁 my daughter is fretting too. Anxiety through the roof in case anything happens to me. She’s quite the homely girl. Fortunately for her she’s just been put on anti biotics for a throat infection, so I can use that excuse

Cheshire Cat

Thank you x I’m testing every day atm..don’t want it to be snatched away at the last hurdle. You take it steady and listen to your body. My hubby the opposite, he’ll save money, then realise there’s naff all for tea 😂 stalled at 11lb on the milk diet. Guess that’s not too bad. 11lb closer to my goal 😁 my daughter is fretting too. Anxiety through the roof in case anything happens to me. She’s quite the homely girl. Fortunately for her she’s just been put on anti biotics for a throat infection, so I can use that excuse
My hubster has to be pointed in the right direction all the time! If I haven’t written down on the fridge exactly what he has to do, you can forget it! He does occasionally have some use though 🤣🤣🤣🤣
i think my daughter was the same about fretting. I’m always the one that is there to deal with everything each and every day ….. so to be missing for one night was scary for her …. And was worrying about any further consequences! But I’m out the other side and everything is getting back to normal 😊. Just reassure your daughter xx. How old is she? I also stalled on the milk diet at 9lb …. Still it did the job for me ….. the surgeon said my liver was “very cute and tiny”!!!! I’m breezing along nicely ….. just need to be able to sleep on my side ….. can’t sleep laying flat!! Getting close now xx

BecksDaykin

My hubster has to be pointed in the right direction all the time! If I haven’t written down on the fridge exactly what he has to do, you can forget it! He does occasionally have some use though 🤣🤣🤣🤣
i think my daughter was the same about fretting. I’m always the one that is there to deal with everything each and every day ….. so to be missing for one night was scary for her …. And was worrying about any further consequences! But I’m out the other side and everything is getting back to normal 😊. Just reassure your daughter xx. How old is she? I also stalled on the milk diet at 9lb …. Still it did the job for me ….. the surgeon said my liver was “very cute and tiny”!!!! I’m breezing along nicely ….. just need to be able to sleep on my side ….. can’t sleep laying flat!! Getting close now xx
Good morning 😊 my daughter is 15..she’s stupidly watched a bypass done on YouTube 🙈 I’ll be in for a few days they said. Thank god for FaceTime although u watch me put on a ward with limited signal. I’m sure I could have a bimble outside for a vape and a chat home. I was told to give up smoking 2yrs ago when it was all systems go for this op, and have vaped ever since. Even though all ops were cancelled, I carried on. I can’t lay on my back for long as I have slipped discs and degeneration of the lower spine so taking a fleece blanket to rest me belly on to take pressure off my back. Getting all excited and nervous now. Last shopping trip to get magazines and do a big shop so they won’t be going without. What protein shakes are you having? Someone suggested aptamil baby milk on a bypass support group on fb 🤢 my son recommended ufit.
hope your shopping trip goes well. Take it steady x

Cheshire Cat

Good morning 😊 my daughter is 15..she’s stupidly watched a bypass done on YouTube 🙈 I’ll be in for a few days they said. Thank god for FaceTime although u watch me put on a ward with limited signal. I’m sure I could have a bimble outside for a vape and a chat home. I was told to give up smoking 2yrs ago when it was all systems go for this op, and have vaped ever since. Even though all ops were cancelled, I carried on. I can’t lay on my back for long as I have slipped discs and degeneration of the lower spine so taking a fleece blanket to rest me belly on to take pressure off my back. Getting all excited and nervous now. Last shopping trip to get magazines and do a big shop so they won’t be going without. What protein shakes are you having? Someone suggested aptamil baby milk on a bypass support group on fb 🤢 my son recommended ufit.
hope your shopping trip goes well. Take it steady x

I have a few of the Ufit shakes ….. but to honest they are really sweet! I am enjoying a banana blitzed in milk with a spoonful of Marvel and a spoonful of Peanut Powder … whacks up the Protein levels and is really nice 😊. I read not to use any Baby products as they are not high enough in nutrients…. But everyone is different! I’m also living off soup and yoghurts and coping ok! I move on to purée next Monday which might be a challenge but I’m up for it! Sunday dinner will be a pan of stew this week in our household ….. and I will get blitzing!! Going into work for a couple of hours on Thursday as I am missed so much 😜😜😜😜. MD is picking me up and bring me home!!
Getting excited for you x

BecksDaykin

I have a few of the Ufit shakes ….. but to honest they are really sweet! I am enjoying a banana blitzed in milk with a spoonful of Marvel and a spoonful of Peanut Powder … whacks up the Protein levels and is really nice 😊. I read not to use any Baby products as they are not high enough in nutrients…. But everyone is different! I’m also living off soup and yoghurts and coping ok! I move on to purée next Monday which might be a challenge but I’m up for it! Sunday dinner will be a pan of stew this week in our household ….. and I will get blitzing!! Going into work for a couple of hours on Thursday as I am missed so much 😜😜😜😜. MD is picking me up and bring me home!!
Getting excited for you x
Ah thank you x I’m excited too, can’t wait. Oooo get you going into work already, be sure to listen to your body x had an unexpected hypo at lunchtime, so had to have a slice of toast. Hoping that’s my first and last time I experience it. Thank you for your input about aptamil. I did look at it earlier and protein is only 1.5g per 100ml so really not worth it. Will get hubby on the case of protein powder or such. Never thought I’d adding peanut butter to banana, might nick that idea as I love banana and peanut butter. Got my soups earlier too. I’ll start doing a shopping list for hubster. Will keep him out of mischief while I’m in x

Cheshire Cat

Another day closer girl 😜😜😜😜😜. Been in work today ….. and now utterly shattered! So, tomorrow it’s a day of doing bugger all ! How’s your bloods now? The hospital stopped all my diabetic meds …. But bloods are stable so that’s good! And I’ve read about loads of people having little hiccups so don’t fret about it …. there is time to rectify it! You can do this xx. Dont be adding Peanut butter to everything when your done as that’s high in fat 😱😱😱😱. It’s peanut powder! which I think is peanuts with all the fat taken out and ground up! I got mine of Amazon just under £10 but it’s a big jar and should go a long way. So between banana and peanut milkshake and soup with added Marvel I think I am getting my protein levels up! Looking forward to Monday/Tuesday when the mush stage starts…. But don’t worry I will encourage you with your soups!

BecksDaykin

Another day closer girl 😜😜😜😜😜. Been in work today ….. and now utterly shattered! So, tomorrow it’s a day of doing bugger all ! How’s your bloods now? The hospital stopped all my diabetic meds …. But bloods are stable so that’s good! And I’ve read about loads of people having little hiccups so don’t fret about it …. there is time to rectify it! You can do this xx. Dont be adding Peanut butter to everything when your done as that’s high in fat 😱😱😱😱. It’s peanut powder! which I think is peanuts with all the fat taken out and ground up! I got mine of Amazon just under £10 but it’s a big jar and should go a long way. So between banana and peanut milkshake and soup with added Marvel I think I am getting my protein levels up! Looking forward to Monday/Tuesday when the mush stage starts…. But don’t worry I will encourage you with your soups!
Good luck with your mush 🤪 glad work went ok..rest up and take it easy. Another hypo today..another step away from insulin. I’ll have a look for the powder Ty x had another blood test yesterday for cross match and my covid test.. on house arrest until Sunday 😁 daughter helped packing yesterday, but will be repacking as I’m a bit anal 🤣 2 more sleeps x