• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg do we reallllly get a posh bed after surgery?

cherry

hahahhahahahhahhaa how cool is that!!! some of the girls have just said we get them electric beds and stuff!!! is this trueeeeee?! im EXCITED people will walk past the ward and one min my egs will be in the air, then next my head hahhahha x

I had an electric bed.

They like you to sleep upright so they help loads. You can raise your head then raise your legs to get comfy. I looked like a frog on the first night! :8855:

hahahahahahahhahahahhaha how funnt tho karen, just silence then hearing,weeeeeee, as my legs go up, then weeeeeeeee as my head is lifted hahahahhah x

lol, I had one of these after my stroke I was in hospital for a few weeks and it was brill.......I was happy for hours just playing with it :D x You will love it Kelly X

lmao the mental picture is tooo much, i wonder if ill have an electric bed, ill probably end up folding myself in half and calling for help aaarrrggggggg
XX Dawn

lol, i sleep like a frog every night, i have to sleep on my back, and cant lie flat, so im semi sat, i have loads of pillows with 3 cornered pillow on top. i dread to think what i look like, lol

Mine was great because the back would come up and the bottom bit would come up but it would sort of wrinkle under my knees so I could have support under my knees without having to have my legs fully up and being bent at the waist, it was blummin lovely.
Steph xx

I'm like you Dawn... but John (Glenville) recommended a brilliant pillow, been so much better...

I had an electric single bed in hospital for 3 days in June... it was SUPER... even though I'm such an awkward sleeper with my spine...

It made a difference to my stay... xxx

That sounds like heaven Lucy... so glad to see you doing so well.. love and hugs xxx

IDid make me feel out of place when they started serving me a drink of tea on a posh tray with a paper liner, napkins, oh the tea was in a pot and milk in a little jug and a little china dish for the packets of sweetners!

Even my jelly and consomme got delivered like I was eating in a 5* hotel! :8855:

LOL same here.

lmao the mental picture is tooo much, i wonder if ill have an electric bed, ill probably end up folding myself in half and calling for help aaarrrggggggg
XX Dawn

LOL I nearly did in mine, and the other ladies in the ward had to show me how to use the remote controls! :8855::8855::8855:

But immediately after surgery Kelly, they could've hung me on a hanger in a wardrobe and I wouldn't have cared!

I was NHS but i still had an electric bed, it was great, head up a bit, then kness up a bit, I like the frog thing, I know what you mean, The way I sleep now is weird but so comfy I dont care, but I have x3 squidjy pillows layered up under my back / head, one pillow either side of me by wy waist....to put my arms on...a folded quilt under my legs and loads of quilts on top cos im always cold....... my hubby found it hard at first but he snuggles up to my pillows and puts his legs over my quilt too..... has anyone else found they sleep weird Post op or am i just a freak!! I blame the nhs, as Ive had x10wks in hosiptal post op and I adopted this since.....

arghhhh thanks everyone for the replies, ive had a giggle x

I had an electric bed too at Heartlands. Good job too cos the nurses really couldn't be arsed to do anything to help me get comfy!

Back