• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg do we reallllly get a posh bed after surgery?

i think most hospitals have the electric beds now, i remember in 2001 at salford royal, and they were phasing them in then, they replaced them ward by ward. they are good once you get comfy in them.

I was NHS in a Nuffield hospital.

Very strange having tea in a pot and consommee and yoghurt placed neatly on a tray.

Most NHS hospitals have electric beds and here in Huddersfield they have a special area in a ward for bariatric patients - and extra large chairs in outpatients.

Its great when you've lost and realise 2 of you would fit in a chair you filled months before

xxx

well im very much looking foreward to it hahahahah xx

I'm like you Dawn... but John (Glenville) recommended a brilliant pillow, been so much better...

I had an electric single bed in hospital for 3 days in June... it was SUPER... even though I'm such an awkward sleeper with my spine...

It made a difference to my stay... xxx

Hey Bev, what is the pillow called? My other half suffers terribly with his neck and back (compressed discs and arthritis) and has terrible trouble at bedtime. Would like to get him one to try.

Thanks x

i think its a wheat pillow sweets xx

something like that i knew it had wheat in it ha x

where do you get them from?

lol been reading this thread lol to myself i had a electric bed i was private and i was playing about with it all the time too ,little things do please us women like a bloodly bed it was great fun tho but i got caught by the nurse who thought it was very funny seeing me legs right up back right up very uncomfortable but fun

hahahhahahahhahhaa how cool is that!!! some of the girls have just said we get them electric beds and stuff!!! is this trueeeeee?! im EXCITED people will walk past the ward and one min my egs will be in the air, then next my head hahhahha x
i had one when i had my ceserean section in may they r fab and helped alot xx

I love the L&D they have electric beds best nights sleep I'd had for years. They also have the extra wide examanation tables, chairs and commodes. i'm luck as I didnt need them as I'm all belly and not bum, hips and thighs but was good to see and the chair was real nice as I could curl up on it

Back