• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg got my date...think im gunna throw up!!

Hi I'm in for a band take out hernia repaired and bypass on the 18th a day after you looking forward to starting a new year new me hope your op goes well!!! Happy Christmas lol!! X

Hi I'm in for a band take out hernia repaired and bypass on the 18th a day after you looking forward to starting a new year new me hope your op goes well!!! Happy Christmas lol!! X

thanks buglady i hope you have as much of a happy as possible christmas too lol just think next year will be the best tho x

Just thought I'd update got letter today so I go in 16th for op on 17th with Mr balpuri, I have never met him but heard great things about him! Also need to attend pre op appointment 8th December x

Just thought I'd update got letter today so I go in 16th for op on 17th with Mr balpuri, I have never met him but heard great things about him! Also need to attend pre op appointment 8th December x

That is great news.

Hi Jo, good luck for your opp. I hope all goes really well for you.

I am in for my gastroscopy on the same day as you go in!

If you don't mind me asking... Did you have a gastroscopy and how long ago if you did? I'm just trying to work out how long I might wait after mine. X

Hi Jo, good luck for your opp. I hope all goes really well for you.

I am in for my gastroscopy on the same day as you go in!

If you don't mind me asking... Did you have a gastroscopy and how long ago if you did? I'm just trying to work out how long I might wait after mine. X

At Sunderland? You won't wait long at all, even less if they think your safe enough to operate on, on a weekend! I had endoscopy (same thing I think) 12th Nov x

Yeah I'm with Sunderland. Gosh that's not long in between at all.
Sorry for all the questions but did you have to do the liver shrinking diet? They have not mentioned that to me yet and with such a short time between gastroscopy there hardly seems time to do it effectively x

Yeah I'm with Sunderland. Gosh that's not long in between at all.
Sorry for all the questions but did you have to do the liver shrinking diet? They have not mentioned that to me yet and with such a short time between gastroscopy there hardly seems time to do it effectively x

Yes it only requires you to do it 10 days prior the op tho. I only got information from dietician last week then got letter confirming surgery yesterday and don't worry about askin questions :)

Thanks Jo…exciting times :)

Thanks Jo…exciting times :)

I thought I'd give it a go this week due to me being 4 pounds more than I was at endoscopy appointment and I thought it wouldn't do no harm and maybe help my liver?! Also if possible he said try lose another stone or 2 coz it will help sugery! Anyway I have been doing it 2 days and lost 7 lbs (by my scales and the ones in tesco this morn!) I feel ok on it but I am wondering with it being soo much should i stop lol I'm due to start it properly 8th dec I think it is x

What about easing yourself in gently Jo. Up until the official start of your LSD do it every other day and then eat carefully on your off days. You should then get a small loss and it will prepare you for the full 10 days.

Great news! I was so excited when i heard too! After so long I have my op tomorrow !! It goes well quick get ready x

What about easing yourself in gently Jo. Up until the official start of your LSD do it every other day and then eat carefully on your off days. You should then get a small loss and it will prepare you for the full 10 days.

Thanks Bear good advice i was trying to work out a way of doing that. I was gunna continue this week and thinking of having the veg soup next week for dinner and add a low cal evening meal? Other reason i was doing it was to know what i was like and not to shock myself, it sounded impossible to me but i do believe i can do it having had a taste of it. I will do it today and think of doing what you suggest :) x

Great news! I was so excited when i heard too! After so long I have my op tomorrow !! It goes well quick get ready x

oooo not long sharona, i will look forward from hearing from you after your op, when your feeling upto it obviously! I'm usually looking forward to xmas but just my op date is in sight hard to get in christmas spirit but best do it for kids lol

Good luck. I'm also on the 17th and my LSD starts tomorrow.

I thought I'd give it a go this week due to me being 4 pounds more than I was at endoscopy appointment and I thought it wouldn't do no harm and maybe help my liver?! Also if possible he said try lose another stone or 2 coz it will help sugery! Anyway I have been doing it 2 days and lost 7 lbs (by my scales and the ones in tesco this morn!) I feel ok on it but I am wondering with it being soo much should i stop lol I'm due to start it properly 8th dec I think it is x

7lb is great, well done!
Can I ask what the lsd for sunderland consists of? I could do with a couple of pounds off for my next appointment and wouldn't mind giving it a trial run myself for a few days x

Back