• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg I messed up

VikiB

I am on the liquid diet post-op and was making dinner today and I had one dessert spoon of baked beans chewed VERY well and after I got the most horrific chest pain (equal to heart attack pain years ago) and then nauseous and then I vomitted. I think I dumped...??? On beans? But I love beans...I'm so sad now as planned to use them as a protien source when I got through all the post-op dieting. I feel like I brought it on myself for cheating that one little bit and now I feel so sick. The chest pains and nausea have gone but I just feel blah now. Does this mean I can't eat baked beans??

It was probably because it is too soon for your new pouch to handle. Wait a few more weeks and try again (but try the low sugar & salt version) xx

Good to know Twinkle they have always been the one thing I could just live on if all other foods were gone lol. Was it dumping I experienced???
I will look into the low sugar/low salt ones.

That wasn't dumping, that was eating too much, too quickly, too soon. Just stick to the post op diet, don't rush and you'll be fine.
Hard lesson, painful to learn. Hope you feel okay now x

Yes I'm ok now...just feel a bit sickly and no definitely won't do that again!

I despair sometimes, I really do

Hi Twinkle,
Can you get the low salt/ sugar beans in asda or tesco ? just i have never seen them although to be fair didn't know you could get them.
Thanks,
Lyndsey x

I would say though, if you are on liquid stage stick to liquids, your pouch isnt ready for solids or mashed yet, and if you try like you have done tonight, it could end up doing more worse than good.

Take your time and work through the different stages, they are there for a reason.

Hi Twinkle,
Can you get the low salt/ sugar beans in asda or tesco ? just i have never seen them although to be fair didn't know you could get them.
Thanks,
Lyndsey x

Yes, babe, I only buy them as my hubby has a heart condition & have had them from all the supermarkets. xx :)
Viki, I don't dump (yet) so don't really know, but I would not try anything to adventurous for a few week, hon ... give your new tummy a rest :):) xxx

Thank you Twinkle I will pick some up ( when I can have them ).
Lyndsey x

Thanks everyone I know what I did was stupid and I definitely won't be straying from my soup and yogurt diet again until I am suppose to. Will look for the beans for later on when I can eat them again:)

VikiB said:
Thanks everyone I know what I did was stupid and I definitely won't be straying from my soup and yogurt diet again until I am suppose to. Will look for the beans for later on when I can eat them again:)

We've been there done the same Hun, all tried something we ain't meant too but at least u know wat u done and as u say won't try again xxxx

I'm feeling well chastised for it as well. :( Sorry everyone.

heinz is supposed to be theeeeee worst for high sugar products... hope your feeling bit better now x

Yes other than feeling like a little kid being told off I feel fine

Back