• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! I only went and got a date for surgery!

natashoorrr

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes I did! The hospital called me this morning and offered me a date for the 25th of August!

They are sending me the finer details in the post but I am starting my pre-op this Sunday!!!

Congratulations hun x

Congratulations! Best feeling in the world when you get your date :)

It so is! I cried when she told me but it was literally a few tears and now I am just thinking bring it on!

Brilliant news. I'm over the moon for you xx

Thanks Sue :) I am so excited! I have been doing a low calorie diet anyway so I might just have something special on Friday before starting the pre-op on Sunday. They havent given me a pre-op date yet so that is the next thing to do! They said they would write to me with all this stuff though :)

Congratulations!!! So jellous in a good way! How long did it take u to get a date from been given funding? Yey again!

Ah Natasha I'm so happy for you Hun (and abit jel) lol you will have to let me know all the details so I know what to expect :) congrats

Lozer - It took around 3-4 weeks to have my letter from the hosp to say funding had been approved and I had been put on the waiting list. I will have been on the list for 7 months by the time I have surgery!

Kirstyjade - It will only be a few weeks until your next appt then it will be your turn!

7months!!! Where u having ur surgery? What r u having? Sorry lots of questions. I'm still being positive I will get done this year but it's looking more and more dout full. Well done u tho I shell b reading ur updates

I'm having the gastric bypass at Derby Royal. They always over estimate how long it will take so you're not disappointed when it takes longer than expected but even I was surprised at how quickly it has gone! I think its still not quite sunk in and i'm expecting a call to say oh no we've changed our mind you have to go back to your GP. I think I might only start to believe it when I'm sat in my paper pants!

Thanks Beckaboo :) Today has been one hell of a day!

I don't no y my last post didn't show up! Grrr! It said : 7 months!! Where r u having ur surgery and what u having? Sorry lots of questions :/ I will b reading ur updates. I'm still hoping I will get done this year but it looking less likely :(

Back