• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! I only went and got a date for surgery!

Congratulations. When I got my date I was so excited I was running around squealing... Even though they then had to postpone it do too bed shortage... Hope that's not going to happen to you.

Fantastic news Natasha .... See you on the losers bench :)x

Whoooo!

I'm having the gastric bypass at Derby Royal. They always over estimate how long it will take so you're not disappointed when it takes longer than expected but even I was surprised at how quickly it has gone! I think its still not quite sunk in and i'm expecting a call to say oh no we've changed our mind you have to go back to your GP. I think I might only start to believe it when I'm sat in my paper pants!

Thanks Beckaboo :) Today has been one hell of a day!

Lets hope the paper pants are in stock, they'd run out on the day of my op and I had to go commando. So pleased for you though xx

Went to get the balloon out yesterday ... Missing the restriction a little bit but only 7 days to go now can't believe that's a week past already! .. Any how I digress but I was allowed to wear my own cotton knickers in theatre :). I Would love to know though how I got the whopping bruise on my thigh that wasn't there yesterday lolol

Lol!!! Mm paper knickers! What size do they even go up to? I have countdowns stuck all over the house. When did your nerves kick in because right now I'm just excited!

Lol!!! Mm paper knickers! What size do they even go up to? I have countdowns stuck all over the house. When did your nerves kick in because right now I'm just excited!

My nerves kicked in immediately at being told I had funding ... I cried happy tears first then thought OMG this is it:eek:
Just a week to go now and I'm a blethering wreck as I realise that I'm now coming into counting down days. Got a whole load of housework to sort out so going to put my nervous energy into that lol x

I have a mini countdown calendar going on, on my desk at work - on my fridge - on my bedroom wall - on my phone? lol! I had a solitary happy tear when she gave me my date but still no nerves! I reckon when I'm sat by myself in hospital it might hit me!

It comes in waves with me I can be in the middle of doing something and wham it hits me. I don't have any countdowns apart from my own inbuilt alarm which kicks in as soon as I wake up.. It is generally my first thought! lol

You've already lost so much weight!! How different do you feel having done so well so far?

To be honest I don't feel much different. I still have my aches and pains but I do feel "lighter" and I don't feel like I am fighting gravity when I lift my feet now :). It's the little NSV,s that make me smile and go yaayyyy inside :D.. Most recent one was on Tuesday when a normal sized BP Cuff was used on me and it didn't pop off :)

Back