• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg!!

nichola24

omg! ive just rang spire at manchester hospital to have a bypass done by mr ammori, they said i could have my consultation on wed and then wait 1-2 before the op!

im so shocked i dont no wat to do, still need to sort out finance, which could be tricky as im not a home owner :-(

does any one no if the finace scheme the spire offer is any good?

thanks

nichola 24

Nichola, Things do happen very fast when going private, i was 10 days from phone call to surgery. If you feel there offer of dates is to quick for you then call back and explain you need to get finance and everything sorted first. I was lucky to have the cash for my surgery so i dont know what the Spire finance will be.Hope this is of some help to you.Good Luck.

Around 10 years ago I had a breast reduction privately at the Nuffield Hospital & although I had cash I do remember they offered a multitude of finance options. Have you tried googling it or checking with your own bank whether they'd consider a loan???
Good luck
xx

ive had a look on moneysupermarket and seen one with 6.9% apr as ive neva had to take a loan out i dont no how good a deal this is. i did look at my own bank but they wanted 9.9% maybe its worth goin in to chat to them see if i can haggle with them lol

im not a home owner and i dont bring in a lot of money each month but im hopin once ive had the op i will have the confidence to go for better jobs, even do the management programme at work and earn double wat i earn now :)

hey kevin xx i do have funding for an op on nhs, been waiting 18 months now nd im still not numbered on the list :-( just cant waste ne more of my life hangin around waiting and puttin stuff off incase i get a date!

Hi, im a money/debt adviser and think the rate you have seen is excellent but would just urge you to think of whether you can afford the repayments as you mentioned you are on a low income.

The effects of being in unmanageable debt can be just as bad as the effects of being overweight.

Good luck xx

thanks for the advice sambucca xxx

there is another option available to me.....my grandad has a lot of money stashed away, i wanna ask if he cud lend me it but i feel so cheeky :-( at least if i missed a payment with him i wouldnt have the baliffs in!

In my experience the rates quoted on MoneySupermarket aren't what they would offer to everyone.
Once you contact the lender they up the rate because of your, "circumstances". Personally I'd initially make sure I could get a loan as they've cut right back on lending & start buttering up Grandad just incase!
I do totally understand your motivations though.. I sold my flat which I rented out to fund a breast reduction years ago as the wait was massive. Unfortunately my circumstances have changed now & I couldn't possibly raise the funds..
Good luck hun
xx

best start baking my grandads fave things and tellin him he looks younger hehe!

Try Sheffield on NHS - there waiting list is much quicker.

Just because you dont have a number on nhs waiting list doesnt mean you wont be done within this year.If I was you I would wait and badger them every week or so.A loan on a lower wage is setting yourself up for trouble,and Grandpa may need his money for his own care and needs,unless hes got loads to chuck about with no health/housing probs.Sorry but I dont think thats a good idea.A gastric bypass is about 10/11k,get as healthy as poss and get your head in the right place for surgery.Its no walk in the park.And yes I have been overweight for forty years,tried everything and waited two and a half years for surgery.Its worth the wait.Best of luck whatever you decide!Maz x

Back