• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On 650 calories a day; why did I GAIN 3lb????

Ruthiep said:
I went to my support group a couple of weeks before my op and there was a woman there who'd been banded on the Saturday, and this was the Tuesday following; ie 3 days later. I asked her how she'd got there, and she said "I drove myself!" I was gobsmacked so I asked my surgeon (who comes to the support groups) when I could drive. He basically said when I felt I wouldn't crash the car. But not to drive home from the hospital after the op!! I was, I agree, rather stunned, but no one at the group was similarly stunned and there were bypass patients there too who'd driven after a few days. I was very nervous driving because I recalled driving 3 weeks post hysterectomy and pranging someone, but I drove 4 days post sleeve, just a short trip, and I drove like on eggshells just to be sure I was safe.

I think, that like the pre op diet, the post op exercise and other advice, varies hugely from one surgeon to another.

No big deal about the gym machine misunderstanding xx and I hope you're right about the 3lbs!

Let them chance it! Because should they have an accident the insurers won't cover them....!!!! Crazy!

Id try and chill, I've looked back at my diary for being one month out and was only managing around 500 cals...don't force feed yourself..the loss will show soon!! X

I've lost a pound and a bit of those 3lbs overnight so I guess it is water retention.

I tend to agree with you about the insurance and driving, it is a bit hitty missy to say the least. xx

See its coming off! I've been working hard at getting the 2.5lb off I put on since last sat...too much alcohol and sweet stuff so by Monday I was shocked into action!!managed it as at today....so wasn't worth the mini binge :)

12.6 and a quarter today...that's all those 3 lbs off plus another pound! Phew!

So people ..make sure your pees are pale or you're not drinking enough!

Back