• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On The Band Wagon!!!!!

Thanks Angie, wow, look at you - you look amazing, what a fantastic weight loss!!!! I'm fine now, and have managed to stick to it all day......could have murdered for real food at around 6, but went for a bath to keep me occupied! I should have walked the dogs but, didn't fancy getting wet......looking forward to getting some sunshine next week if the forecast is to be believed. x

Caroline you mentioned about tablets earlier. I can have vitamins and tablets without any problem and I know lots of other banders can do too. If you do struggle though, i do believe if you speak to your doctor there are often liquid versions of medication available too :D

I had my bloods done 2 weeks ago and they said I should be one on the first on the list Friday too! It's all getting so close now, nerves are setting in a little lol xx

Hi, it's only the first few days after the op that it
Might be possible that questions may be asked after the initial swelling and wind pain has eased u can easily keep it to yourself!! I was back in Uni full time 4 days after the op!! No one knew of any of it!! I had my bloods done at consultation and was first into theatre!! Good luck with yours! X

Great loss, so hopefully you will also have a lovely shrunken liver ready for your op. I bet many of us have been through the same thoughts as you ... But the milk diet is a short term fix for the liver not a diet for for life unfortunately. It's great to feel so motivated, but just be prepared that maybe there will be a stall in the first few weeks following the op as your body takes time to catch up and probably goes into starvation mode. That's when it becomes a little more difficult. But that's just one of the stages before those great losses follow :D x

Iv really been worrying if my liver will have shrunk enough so I spoke to Sally at THG as iv been reading stories on here about people who were sewn back up without havin their op done as their liver hadn't shrunk enough but she's told me not to worry ill be fine, she says with my BMI being 38 my liver won't be bad anyway it's just really so I'm under my consultation weight which has put my mind at rest LOADS ! I just can't wait to get it done now!

Emma xx

It's not going to be easy all the time, but life never is, is it. Go in with open eyes though and you are going to be successful. The band definitely makes the journey easier, even if it's not the quick fix some people think it will be. You WILL be great :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Iv been seeing my doctor for years and when I told her the same thing not one word.

My doctor was brilliant about it , assured me how safe it is ect and said he understands how much my weight affects me and he's happy I'm happy ! I guess there all different xx

Caroline, im wishing you heaps of good luck for Friday!!
I think sometimes we can become impatient when it comes to weight loss but I think we are at the start of our journeys. From reading the posts it has opened my eyes hopefully to having a band that its going to be hard work but oh so worth it in the end xxx

Definitely good idea to wait. My fingers have gone down two whole sizes so had to all rings made smaller ... Lucky you though 1. Pressie and 2. Achieving fantastic milestone x

i have taken my rings in gone from p and n to k when i first got married i was j so still one to go but my others literally fell off luckily i was in the front room not outside :) could've been very expensive loss

Back