• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ooooooh!

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
OOOH this is so scary! Ive only just begun my journey looking into WLS and I am so excited, scared, anxious, amazed, overwhelmed.......

I went to see the consultant recently and now I am waiting for funding for my gastric bypass! I am waiting for the Oldham PCT to agree my op. Has anyone else dealt with this aprticular PCT?

My story is similar to most on here. I have always been fat, I cant remeber being less than 13 stone. I am now over 21 stone. All my family are fat, I have got used to being fat, I have stuck up for being fat...............but would love to loose lots of weight. My husband is gorgeous and loves me whether I am fat or not, so i am very fortunate.

I have to ask for an extention seat belt on planes.
I cant go hill walking with my Hubby and Daughter.
I cant even walk around shops for too long with my eldest Daughter.
Going to the park with my grand kids is something I ahve to push myself to do.
I hate big crowds becasue I feel so self conscious, so concerts, theme parks, theatre etc are all no no's for me.
I cant go to aqua arobics with my daughters.
I cant go bike riding with my youngest daughter.
I wont go to parents evenings becasue I don't want her teachers to see me.

Wow this ahs ended up a therapy session :)

Ive been amazed by this forum. So many people who 'feel' the same as me. I am even more convinced, after viewing all the peoples stories that this is the right option for me.

I am happily married to my childhood sweetheart, we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in August. I tell peole I got married when i was 12!!!! Obviously joking! I am now 48! So I was 18 when we got married.

We haev 3 adopted children, not being able to have our own.
2 are grown and flown the nest giving us 3 beautiful grand kids and we have a gorgeous 12 year old Amy. We adopted her when she was 5. I have always been fat and was amazed when I got through the medicals for the adoptions. Our 2 eldest adoption was 25 years ago and I weighed 18 stone and Amy's was only 5 years ago and I weighed 20 stone. I have diabetes becasue of my weight and most days feel ' a struggle' physically.

My husband and I foster relinquished babies who are going onto adoption. We get them when they are just born then they go on to their 'forever' families when the courts and Social Workers sort all the red tape out. Its hard when they go, but we are in touch with most of the babies we ahve had and it is so rewarding to see how happy they are. We have just been asked to be God parents to a Baby boy we had for 10 months, what a priviledge! One baby we had, A beautiful boy, we applied to adopt him, we'd had him from birth till he was 14 months old. I was turned down becasue of my weight 2 years ago. What a blow. But I have to admit that I wouldnt have the energy as he grew up. I only just keep up with my 12 year old.....well sometimes I dont! My grand kids run me ragged and I want to 'Get down' and play with them and can't.

So this is me. I can't wait to have surgery, I will be so devastated if it doesnt happen now. Its all I can think and even dream about. Ive been on your site every day and just feel so positive about the future now. My husband and I went to the support group at Hope Hospital last week, we chatted with people who had lost lots of weight and looked fantastic.

Sorry for rambling on, I couldnt stop once I started.

Hi Lou, and a very warm welcome.

You've really given a lot of yourself in your first post which is lovely. Its lovely to know what is behind someones username, their struggles, their families, the support network they have.

There are a good few members who have Mr Ammorri as their surgeon, he has a bit of a fan club here. I believe they have a monthly support group, so look out for a post about that.

I look forward to following your progress. x

Hey Lou,

:welcome:This is a great forum, full of helpful advice from people who have been there and done it!
It really is a wonderful place for those of us waiting for our ops. Reading through all the different posts, I have found a thread with answers, support & advice for almost anything I can think of, and I am sure you will find the same.
Good luck on your journey!

Lovely to meet you Lou and I wish you every success with your WLS hopes and journey to a healthy weight x

Wow, what an interesting and what sounds very fulfilling life you've had. Thank you for sharing with us... I'm a bit like you in the fact that i want to play with my grandson on the floor and at the park (luckily he's 9 months old so my time will come) and i have children around the age of your youngest! So much fun has been missed by me because of my size. Well you and me are addressing our issues...

I sincerely hope and pray you get your funding and your life follows the path that you desire, keep us posted xx

Hello Lou and welcome, your list hit the nail for a lot of us I think.

I luved the bit, "I stuck up for fat", dont we all, but secretly dont want to be fat.

Anyway good luck with getting your funding, you have come to the right place.

Another little step towards my dream.

Got a copy of the letter the consultant has sent to my GP on Friday. Just asking him to apply for funding for my Op. It says he will see me in the bariatric clinic as soon as funding is secured. I know its not much but I am VERY excited!

x

Hi Lou & welcome.

This forum is just a fabulous place, there is a wealth of knowledge & advice from the fab people on here.

Good luck with yr journey. xx

Hi Lou

Welcome and good luck on your journey, .............adoption something i have thought about many times as i can also not have my own children, but my health holds me back x
sounds like you have made it your life well done to you x

Hi Lou,
Welcome to the site i have found it very helpful and everyone very kind . Good luck with weight loss journey.
Marie.:talk017:

Back