• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op date on 22nd June, new to forums

Well it's op day tomorrow, so excited. Been waiting for nerves to kick in but they haven't yet, they most likely will in the morning. Just one more glass of milk and a yoghurt to have and the pre op diet is over. I've actually enjoyed it!

You will be fine .. It's a whole new you emerging when you wake up tomorrow ..
Good luck and see you on this other side !

I remember my time I was soo excited I just couldn't wait to start my new life,I will warm up your seat on the losers bench for you,see you after!

Good Luck Joanne, you might have even had your op by now!

Hope everything goes well and see you on the other side!

Good luck and see you on the loser's bench ! :)

Hi all, been a few days. I am at home now and the op went really well. Aching a little this morning because I don't think my chair at home is as comfortable as the one in the hospital. I also think I was feeling so good when I got home yesterday that I may have thought myself invincible and done a little too much. I am amazed at my lack of appetite and I am having to use my phone alarm to make sure I eat. Going to take it a little easier today and see how it goes. How's everyone else doing? x

hello loser! glad all went well and your now home recovering, like starryeyed said just take it easy and rest up

Good to hear your doing well .. Take extra care and get plenty of rest , do not underestimate what you have had done and your body needs time ..
Xxxx

Thanks all. I'm beginning to realise I'm not so invincible. I've turned into 'afternoon nap' woman and I'm getting up early as bed is not that comfortable yet. I've come downstairs to my really comfy chair and leg support for a couple hours of nap time before getting up properly. I find it hard to accept help especially when it's my 2 older sisters as their health isn't great and I don't want them getting Ill trying to help me. I'm going to try and rely on them more for the little things and stop pushing myself so much this early on. x

Early days are quite tiring so yh, do take it easy and nap as often as needed - listen to your body. Don't forget to sip sip sip :). Welcome to the loser's bench :D

Your body is working really hard to recover so extra naps are a good thing really. You're right to let them support you where they can because you're not actually superwoman (the leotard and the cape come later) and you need to take care of yourself. It's worth taking it slowly now because once you've recovered you'll really see a difference to your energy levels x

Fee is bang on the money I too in the early days was knackered dropping off to sleep during the day and sleeping all night no energy but 21 months on I could easily walk for miles and feel like the durcell bunny always on the move!

Back