• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

op day tomorrow :)

xamy26x

Have my op tomorrow for my band and im feeling excited but really scared :( had my pre op assesment yesterday that all went well. Anyone from derby can you tell me what happens on the day of your operation? Do they weigh you again? Thanks

What time were you at Derby? I was there too

Although under Derby and Mr A did my op, I was actually done at the Nuffield.

I was weighed but it wasn't compared to anything, it was a starting point for them to compare my loss to from that point on - if that makes sense.

Good luck xx

I was there at half 1 :) im so nervous I hate staying in hospitals to but the nurse said yesterday if I have my op done early and im feeling alright they might let me go home tomorrow night

Ah, I was there at 9.30am.

Mr A doesn't like people staying in hospital too long as there are 'sick people' in there and so much to catch!

I had a bypass lunchtime on 22 Feb and he let me go afternoon of the 23rd. They will give you a full MOT after though - not just kick you out after an oil change :-D

Sure it will all go grand for you xx

Have my op tomorrow for my band and im feeling excited but really scared :( had my pre op assesment yesterday that all went well. Anyone from derby can you tell me what happens on the day of your operation? Do they weigh you again? Thanks

Ahh you must be so excieted wish it was my op tomorrow lol... What time do you have to be at the hospital for?
I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery and I will look forward to reading about your experience at derby hospital :)

Wowww! I'm so pleased for you! I was just wondering, did you get your date in the post or did they tell you?

Let us know how you get on :)

wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow, my band turns 11 months old next week and I love it :)

Hope you are ok ... Excited for you at the start of your journey :)

I hope everything went well :) its my 5th day post op and I am beginning to feel a lot better. I've even been to work today :-( x

Hope everything went well Amy, today is the 1st day of the rest of your life you must be so happy ....now let them pounds melt away :)

Thanks everyone todays been a long day I was last on the list so the wait from7.15 to half 3 was awful! I ended up in surgery for nearly 3 hrs as they found a hernia and they had to repair that. Ive had 7 incisions so im pretty sore at the moment but there gonna get me out of bed soon. Todays the start of my new life :) xx

Congratulations!!!!!!! Sorry to hear you had a little more than expected but here's to a speedy recovery and the start of a new journey.

Ahhh sorry to hear that! I had surgery at 3pm waiting since 7am the suspense killed me lol glad its all over for you now and in sorry you had complications :(

Good they found the Hernia though ... I had one repaired when i had my band op (which i hadn't known about previously) and felt so much better afterwards. Have a speedy recovery :)

Back