• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my second fill today!!

Lesleydb

Bander
I'm so glad I read this! I've been worried that my band had been a failure as I havent got much restriction at all now. Due to have my first fill on the 6th of October (6 weeks post op!) Really looking forward to it now! :p
Hiya I felt exactly the same as you and was panicing that it hadnt worked I have had one fill and just waiting for them to get back to me with regards having a second one as I am not feeling much restriction at all but initially you wont feel any restriction once the swelling has gone down has that is the only thing that gives you the restriction in the first few weeks. Let us know how you get on after it.
Take Care

Lesleydb

Bander
Hi All
I have booked my second fill for Monday as I have very little restriction again hopefully will feel better after this fill!!

Mynewlife

Booked for 2nd fill also

Hiya LesleyDB

I had my bandfill this time last week and the restriction only really lasted about 3 days. I contacted the wls group,and have booked with them for my next fill, which will be on September 29th, 17 days after my first one. I felt bad booking it so quickly as I really wanted to try and wait for a month, but this was the next best date for me and I am going to their Edgbaston Clinic. Again at the moment, I am having to rely on will power, so lets hope that the 2nd fill will help. Goodluck to you, hope you get on ok.
MNL:D

Lesleydb

Bander
Hiya MNL
Thankyou I had my first fill on the 4th Sept so my second will be 18 days after so very similar to yours and I felt pretty much the same ok for a couple of days after but then the hunger pangs started so relying on willpower which isnt always easy . I was so glad when I called on Friday and they said they could fit me on Monday so I am hoping this next one will really give me some good restriction. Will let you know how I get on after Monday.
Goodluck with your next one.

serenitylove

im nearly 2weeks post op and have another 5 wks to my first fill :( it gona take every inch of will power i have although i doubt the first will do much good at least it a step forward

e.green69

hi mnl
thats mad as i have my first fill on the 29th sept with wls in birmingham..
i am starvin too and feeling low as putting on weight now and not loosing..
emmax

Lesleydb

Bander
Hi Emma I am feeling like you I have had the first fill and thought the restriction would last longer but after a few days I was starting to feel hungry and the weightloss seems to have stopped. Cant wait for Monday hopefully will last longer this time!:confused:

Mynewlife

Hi egreen

Hiya

are you going to the Edgbaston Clinic also? what time is your appointment? I have mine at 3:00, I live in Northamptonshire, so I will have to leave work about 1pm to drive to Edgbaston. I am low also as I have gained a bit of weight, about a kilo so far, but it is quite de-motivating to put on even the smallest amount. Everyone says this can happen, but it doesn;t make it any easier to accept, and personally I feel even more of a failure because I have had the surgery and feel as tho I should be able to manage the weight loss. I guess I am still learning to live with my band, I only had it fitted two months ago, and probably being a bit hard on myself. It is still early days yet, but I think we banders have tried everything going to lose weight, and have had the yo-yo effect before, and hard as you try to not let this get to us, it does. I suppose we are all a bit edgy, thinking will we really lose this weight this time. Its mentally hard and quite straining. I lost 13kg really easily and now struggling to maintain. I exercise about 5 times a week, and yesterday went for an 8 mile walk with my husband around Sutton Park, but I still feel so heavy and unfit. Have to remind myself it is still early days I suppose, but its hard sometimes. I really hope this second fill next week will do the trick and lift my spirits a bit more. Take care, make sure you post when you have had your band fill and let us know how it went.

MNL:cry::wave_cry::sigh:

Lesleydb

Bander
Hi MNL I have had my second fill today I now have 5.5 mls in hope I get some better restriction this time as after my first one it only lasted a few days. It does start to get you down a bit when the weightloss either slows right down or stops altogether but I suppose it is all trial and error and what works for one of us doesnt necessarily work for someone else. Keep us updated on your fill when you get it next week and I will let you know how I get on this time.
Take Care xx

Last edited:

Lesleydb

Bander
I had my second fill today does anyone who has a band fitted know why they remove the fill before refilling or do they not all do that? I was just wondering as I was meant to have had 4mls in but she said she only got 2.75 mls back out but said it wasnt unusual to not get the full amount back out but I didnt realise that they removed it all before refilling.

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
mmm sorry i dunno! Ive had 2 fills now and when i have them she takes out what i have in there checks its still there and then just tops it up . so when i first went in i had 2 mls already in there from the op so she checked it then gave me 2mls making it 4 . then on my second i was checked again and given 1ml making it 5mls now. All places are different and if she said it was ok....i'm sure it is. Maybe double check with her ...one phonecall and put your mind at rest mate:) xxxx