• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

absolutely gutted appointment been cancelled

I've got the money in savings but it would wipe my savings out completely so I'm thinking about doing the same thing myself. I've got a couple of CCs on zero balance that keep badgering me with 18 month zero % balance transfers so I'm quite tempted to do one of those and set up a DD for £500 a month to pay it off before the interest kicks in as I know I can scrape that up a month.

For me it was worth self funding as getting time off work isn't easy as the field I'm in is 24 hrs a day 365 days a year so if my op got cancelled I'd struggle to rearrange, but you have to do whats right for you :)

Me too thanks green cheeks x

Well I'm anxiously awaiting a call from the secretary today to see if she can maybe bring my appointment forward.

Iv been up since 4am with my son he's been sick think it's a side affect of his new medication. I kept dosing off in between getting up with him an dreaming about getting credit cards and loans haha

Kirsty xx

I self funded because even with a start BMI of 48.4 I did not qualify at my local hospital because I only had 1 co-morb. My husband took out a loan for me to go to Belgium for surgery, he would have happily borrowed enough for me to have surgery in this country, but I was not prepared to let him take on that amount of debt.

Hope they bring forward your appointment hun, I am very impatient so the waiting would have driven me mad

Lynn x

I went private this time round, first app was 16th July, was in having it done on the 30th July, just for the bypass it was £9999 and I had a Fobi ring too which was £700 plus had to pay for insurance at £1500 as it was a revision I had done. Say it's more risky 2nd time round. Very happy with results so far .

I can't believe it will been waiting ages for my first appointment with the surgical team at walsall manor I was due to be seen on the 25th September but iv had a letter come today saying it's been cancelled and not got to wait till 20th November I'm absolutely gutted Im actually crying as I type. I feel so deflated. I know it's not a fast journey anyway but September seemed like miles away when I got the appointment and now it's finally getting close they've pushed it back two months. I'm so angry iv called secretary and she's gna speak directly to surgeon tomorrow and find out why it's been put back and if there's a chance it can be bought forward. Sorry for the ranch jus so dissapointed feel like giving up. So sick of being over weight jus want the help and support to become a healthier person. Kirsty xx

Ahh Hun

I really feel for you and I completely understand your frustrations. It's all you can think about and you feel that your life is in their hands.

I think you should bang your drum and hopefully they will bring your appointment forward.

Hope you get this sorted soon!!

Sending hugs and flowers :)

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I self funded because even with a start BMI of 48.4 I did not qualify at my local hospital because I only had 1 co-morb. My husband took out a loan for me to go to Belgium for surgery, he would have happily borrowed enough for me to have surgery in this country, but I was not prepared to let him take on that amount of debt.

Hope they bring forward your appointment hun, I am very impatient so the waiting would have driven me mad

Lynn x

Hi Lynn thanks for sharing. Where in Belgium did you have op. Iv considered abroad but I'm scared case it's not safe etc.

And how much did it cost.

Kirsty xx

Hi Lynn thanks for sharing. Where in Belgium did you have op. Iv considered abroad but I'm scared case it's not safe etc.

And how much did it cost.

Kirsty xx

I went with Belgium Surgery Services (as have quite a few others on this site). Dr Chris has an excellent reputation and I certainly have nothing but praise for the whole team. I had an RNY bypass, the cost depends on the exchange rate but mine was just under £6000 this includes the hotel stay for you and a companion if you take one, I went on my own

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-surgical-weight-loss-discussion/159115-belgium-surgery.html

This thread has a lot of info from the various people who have been in the last few months, two ladies are currently out there.

Lynn x

Ahh Hun

I really feel for you and I completely understand your frustrations. It's all you can think about and you feel that your life is in their hands.

I think you should bang your drum and hopefully they will bring your appointment forward.

Hope you get this sorted soon!!

Sending hugs and flowers :)

Xxxx

Thanks Lisa iv tried calling hospital this morning buy constantly engaged. I'm not holding my breath doubt it will get moved forward.
And can't see how I can afford private so jus stuck in the slow moving hands of the nhs.

How are you doing anyway are you managing much food and losing much weight.

Kirsty xx

I went with Belgium Surgery Services (as have quite a few others on this site). Dr Chris has an excellent reputation and I certainly have nothing but praise for the whole team. I had an RNY bypass, the cost depends on the exchange rate but mine was just under £6000 this includes the hotel stay for you and a companion if you take one, I went on my own

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-surgical-weight-loss-discussion/159115-belgium-surgery.html

This thread has a lot of info from the various people who have been in the last few months, two ladies are currently out there.

Lynn x

Wow Lynn on your own that's very brave. I will look into Belgium thanks for your help.

What happens about after care as you in another country and how long was u away for.

Kirsty xx

Finally got through to secretary said she is having a meeting with my surgeon later and will discuss bringing forward my appointment and hopefully can me back later today

My husband says we can't afford private in the UK and is not willing for me to go abroad. I do love him but he really doesn't understand how important this is to me.

He's slim healthy and active all the things I want to be. And he eats like a pig and never gains a pound grrrrr

Kirsty xx

Finally got through to secretary said she is having a meeting with my surgeon later and will discuss bringing forward my appointment and hopefully can me back later today

My husband says we can't afford private in the UK and is not willing for me to go abroad. I do love him but he really doesn't understand how important this is to me.

He's slim healthy and active all the things I want to be. And he eats like a pig and never gains a pound grrrrr

Kirsty xx

Kirsty can I ask who your surgeon at Walsall is? I ask because you do know it's a centre of excellence for bariatric surgery here in the UK. Also you do get follow up for two years post op which you won't get abroad. I would think this out very carefully as things do go wrong sometimes with these operations. My advice would be for the sake of waiting for a few months I'd stay on the NHS, during your waiting time do whatever you can to make sure that you are as healthy and as fit as you can possibly be in preparation for your op.

I think you need to be 100% prepared. The surgeons at Walsall are top notch, the admin is crap and the aftercare can be hit and miss but it's better than none at all.

I know at this stage its hard but patience really is key, it will be here before you know it.

Kirsty can I ask who your surgeon at Walsall is? I ask because you do know it's a centre of excellence for bariatric surgery here in the UK. Also you do get follow up for two years post op which you won't get abroad. I would think this out very carefully as things do go wrong sometimes with these operations. My advice would be for the sake of waiting for a few months I'd stay on the NHS, during your waiting time do whatever you can to make sure that you are as healthy and as fit as you can possibly be in preparation for your op.

I think you need to be 100% prepared. The surgeons at Walsall are top notch, the admin is crap and the aftercare can be hit and miss but it's better than none at all.

I know at this stage its hard but patience really is key, it will be here before you know it.

My surgeon is Mr murza. Are you under walsall manor.
I know I may seem dramatic as it only been put back a few months but it's made me lose faith and worry I will keep getting put back. I know manor are good but they are also well know for cancelling and messing people around.
I want to wait for the nhs I know it's the sensible and safest option for me jus feeling very let down and emotional atm.

Kirsty xx

Bonita S iv jus read through a bit of your thread as your name rung a bell and after all you've been through I can totally understand why u think the nhs and not abroad is a safer be. Thanks for the advice

Kirsty xx

Wow I'm so happy jus had a call off secretary and Mr murza has decided to squeeze me in as an extra in his clinic on September 18th that's even earlier than my original appointment.
I feel a little silly for all the stressing and worrying iv done. Let's hope this new appointment doesn't get cancelled

Thank you to everyone for ur support and advice it's very much appreciated.

I will keep u all posted.

Again thanks for putting up with me

Kirsty xx

Great news Kirsty xxx

Great news Kirsty xxx

Jus goes to show if u make enough noise they hear you lol.

How are you Lisa

Kirsty xx

I am glad they have sorted this. I am under the Manor and have had endless problems with them. The appointment system is diabolical so you do have to fight to get through. Stick with it - it will be worth it in the end. However, you will find that you have to learn to be patient too:). They are under resourced and things are likely to get a lot worse.

Good luck and best wishes.

TB x

I am glad they have sorted this. I am under the Manor and have had endless problems with them. The appointment system is diabolical so you do have to fight to get through. Stick with it - it will be worth it in the end. However, you will find that you have to learn to be patient too:). They are under resourced and things are likely to get a lot worse.

Good luck and best wishes.

TB x

Oh dear are they really that bad. What stage are you at now hun

Kirsty xx

Back