• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

absolutely gutted appointment been cancelled

xk1rstyx

I can't believe it will been waiting ages for my first appointment with the surgical team at walsall manor I was due to be seen on the 25th September but iv had a letter come today saying it's been cancelled and not got to wait till 20th November I'm absolutely gutted Im actually crying as I type. I feel so deflated. I know it's not a fast journey anyway but September seemed like miles away when I got the appointment and now it's finally getting close they've pushed it back two months.

I'm so angry iv called secretary and she's gna speak directly to surgeon tomorrow and find out why it's been put back and if there's a chance it can be bought forward.

Sorry for the ranch jus so dissapointed feel like giving up.
So sick of being over weight jus want the help and support to become a healthier person.

Kirsty xx

Awe it must be so annoying, fingers crossed they can bring it forward x

Part of the course for Walsall.. Seems nothing changed in the six years since I had my surgery there. The admin has always been diabolical, hope they sort it soon.

Awe it must be so annoying, fingers crossed they can bring it forward x

It really is frustrating iv jus looked at going private and for a sleeve it's 10k god I wish I could afford that would b done and dusted in 4 weeks.

Kirsty xx

Part of the course for Walsall.. Seems nothing changed in the six years since I had my surgery there. The admin has always been diabolical, hope they sort it soon.

Did you have surgery at manor. It's so disheartening to be put back to November. They promise to see you in 18 weeks that's a joke lol

Kirsty xx

I can't believe it will been waiting ages for my first appointment with the surgical team at walsall manor I was due to be seen on the 25th September but iv had a letter come today saying it's been cancelled and not got to wait till 20th November I'm absolutely gutted Im actually crying as I type. I feel so deflated. I know it's not a fast journey anyway but September seemed like miles away when I got the appointment and now it's finally getting close they've pushed it back two months. I'm so angry iv called secretary and she's gna speak directly to surgeon tomorrow and find out why it's been put back and if there's a chance it can be bought forward. Sorry for the ranch jus so dissapointed feel like giving up. So sick of being over weight jus want the help and support to become a healthier person. Kirsty xx
I hope it gets sorted soon, very frustrating

It really is frustrating iv jus looked at going private and for a sleeve it's 10k god I wish I could afford that would b done and dusted in 4 weeks.

Kirsty xx

This is why I self funded I wanted my op asap I do understand that not everyone can do that though.

Its heart breaking when these things happens as we invest so much of ourselves to this process it can knock you for 6 , have a cry blow your nose and put your big girl knickers on and the days will whizz by im sure ido hope it can be reviewed for you

This is why I self funded I wanted my op asap I do understand that not everyone can do that though.

Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid, where you had the op and if I remember right you had the bypass didn't you.

Kirsty xx

Its heart breaking when these things happens as we invest so much of ourselves to this process it can knock you for 6 , have a cry blow your nose and put your big girl knickers on and the days will whizz by im sure ido hope it can be reviewed for you

Well the part about the big girl nickers made me smile so not all tears and snot haha.
Thanks tho

Kirsty xx

I'm afraid that that sort of issue was why I dropped out of the NHS path and went private. It took a 6 month wait on Tier 3 to get to talk to a consultant (due to admin cock-ups) and then I was told that the 12 month wait for surgery would only start from then.

It's bloody frustrating! Have a good cry and a scream and start afresh.

As an FYI on private costs - I'm having a mini bypass and that's costing £9,750.

I'm afraid that that sort of issue was why I dropped out of the NHS path and went private. It took a 6 month wait on Tier 3 to get to talk to a consultant (due to admin cock-ups) and then I was told that the 12 month wait for surgery would only start from then.

It's bloody frustrating! Have a good cry and a scream and start afresh.

As an FYI on private costs - I'm having a mini bypass and that's costing £9,750.

Where are you having that done. Best price iv found for the sleeve is 9200 in Sutton Coldfield. If I could get funding like a loan or finance sorted I'd do it tomorrow and stick 2 fingers up to the nhs.
I suppose that's the price u have to pay if u want it now or wait potentially year for it free on the nhs.
I jus feel like I can't start my like till after iv had the op and the thought of waiting so long is upsetting.

I will probably calm down tomorrow jus all a bit raw today.

Kirsty xx
P.s gd luck with your op and wish u a speedy recovery and a great weigh loss xx

Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid, where you had the op and if I remember right you had the bypass didn't you.

Kirsty xx

Yes I had the bypass, I went around a few providers and as my BMI was in the high 50's I was quoted around £12k for the Bypass, after a few weeks I started getting phone calls I fibbed and said I was thinking of going abroad as it was much cheaper! In the end I was offered a cancellation for £9k with The Hospital Group which I went for :)

I had the op in BUPA Spire Damson Parkway Solihull

Where are you having that done. Best price iv found for the sleeve is 9200 in Sutton Coldfield. If I could get funding like a loan or finance sorted I'd do it tomorrow and stick 2 fingers up to the nhs.
I suppose that's the price u have to pay if u want it now or wait potentially year for it free on the nhs.
I jus feel like I can't start my like till after iv had the op and the thought of waiting so long is upsetting.

The provider is the National Obesity Surgery Centre and it's being done at Spire Southampton.

For me, it wasn't so much the wait on the NHS that was frustrating - it was the extra 6 months' wait because of their screw-ups that did me in. That and the fact that I decided I wanted the mini-bypass and that's only being offered in Southampton and Sunderland so way outside of my NHS area.

I think once you've got over the initial frustration and got your head straight again the wait will go. My only advice would be to be the 'squeaky wheel' - lots of phone calls until the admin staff get so sick of hearing from you that they want you in and out ASAP ;)

Yes I had the bypass, I went around a few providers and as my BMI was in the high 50's I was quoted around £12k for the Bypass, after a few weeks I started getting phone calls I fibbed and said I was thinking of going abroad as it was much cheaper! In the end I was offered a cancellation for £9k with The Hospital Group which I went for :)

I had the op in BUPA Spire Damson Parkway

I'm pretty sure that's the one iv chose jus got the names mixed up haha they quoted me jus under 9200 for the sleeve didn't ask about bmi. I think I will need open surgery tho as iv got a lot of abdominal scarring from previous major ops. Don't know if this will affect the price they said I'd need to see surgeon first.

I know I'm pushing the nosey boundary now but how did u pay for it. Pm me if you'd prefer

Kirsty xx

The provider is the National Obesity Surgery Centre and it's being done at Spire Southampton.

For me, it wasn't so much the wait on the NHS that was frustrating - it was the extra 6 months' wait because of their screw-ups that did me in. That and the fact that I decided I wanted the mini-bypass and that's only being offered in Southampton and Sunderland so way outside of my NHS area.

I think once you've got over the initial frustration and got your head straight again the wait will go. My only advice would be to be the 'squeaky wheel' - lots of phone calls until the admin staff get so sick of hearing from you that they want you in and out ASAP ;)

Haha iv already been the squeaky wheel and I'm worried they av got fed up of me and decided to cancel to be mean.

If I'm honest iv got no choice but to wait as I can't afford private costs but if my financial circumstances change I'm going strait to private.

Kirsty xx

I had the op in BUPA Spire Damson Parkway

I'm pretty sure that's the one iv chose jus got the names mixed up haha they quoted me jus under 9200 for the sleeve didn't ask about bmi. I think I will need open surgery tho as iv got a lot of abdominal scarring from previous major ops. Don't know if this will affect the price they said I'd need to see surgeon first.

I know I'm pushing the nosey boundary now but how did u pay for it. Pm me if you'd prefer

Kirsty xx

I had the money saved up but used my credit card (as I get points/vouchers with that so got plenty of vouchers) also my CC had a 6 month interest free offer so I took advantage of that but paid it off before any interest was put on :)

I had the money saved up but used my credit card (as I get points/vouchers with that so got plenty of vouchers) also my CC had a 6 month interest free offer so I took advantage of that but paid it off before any interest was put on :)

I've got the money in savings but it would wipe my savings out completely so I'm thinking about doing the same thing myself. I've got a couple of CCs on zero balance that keep badgering me with 18 month zero % balance transfers so I'm quite tempted to do one of those and set up a DD for £500 a month to pay it off before the interest kicks in as I know I can scrape that up a month.

Last edited:
Back